Heretic in the Red Wilderness of Idaho
Posted: 24 August 2006 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-23

Greetings,
My name is Michael and I learned about CFI and secular humanism last year after volunteering to webmaster for the newly formed secular group at the University of Idaho. After growing up in a tiny conservative bible/god fearing town north of Moscow, it is enjoyable to be in a more progressive and less oppressive environment.

The first humanist book I found and read was Paul Kurtz’s "The Courage to Become", and had the pleasure of meeting him this summer at the Student Leadership Conference. His keynote speech was quite memorable.

Signature 

In order for the human race to survive and thrive it is imperative that we take to the stars as we have taken to the skies.

Posted: 24 August 2006 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-23

Heretic in the Red Wilderness of Idaho

Greetings,
My name is Michael and I learned about CFI and secular humanism last year after volunteering to webmaster for the newly formed secular group at the University of Idaho. After growing up in a tiny conservative bible/god fearing town north of Moscow, it is enjoyable to be in a more progressive and less oppressive environment.

The first humanist book I found and read was Paul Kurtz’s “The Courage to Become”, and had the pleasure of meeting him this summer at the Student Leadership Conference. His keynote speech was quite memorable.

Signature 

In order for the human race to survive and thrive it is imperative that we take to the stars as we have taken to the skies.

Posted: 25 August 2006 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15362
Joined  2006-02-14

Hey, welcome to the board, Michael. Post away and do keep in touch with CFI goings-on.

Best,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 25 August 2006 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2005-06-28

Welcome Michael. Cool a russian.

Signature 

Fighting the evil belief that there is a god(s).

Posted: 29 August 2006 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-08-17

Hi Michael, and welcome.