Is it possible for a seeker of truth to listen to Wendy Wright without becoming violent?
Posted: 16 October 2010 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25

I just got finished watching the videos on YouTube of Richard Dawkins discussing evolution with creationist Wendy Wright.  Wow! and I thought watching Jenny McCarthy discuss vaccines and autism was hard to watch.  I watched it anyway because I don’t want closed minded theists to be able to rattle me in debate.  This was training for me I told myself.  Still, I’m concerned that maybe I might have a mental disease that has not yet been categorized by DSM IV for putting myself through that.

Posted: 16 October 2010 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26
brightfut - 16 October 2010 05:40 PM

I just got finished watching the videos on YouTube of Richard Dawkins discussing evolution with creationist Wendy Wright.  Wow! and I thought watching Jenny McCarthy discuss vaccines and autism was hard to watch.  I watched it anyway because I don’t want closed minded theists to be able to rattle me in debate.  This was training for me I told myself.  Still, I’m concerned that maybe I might have a mental disease that has not yet been categorized by DSM IV for putting myself through that.

As you correctly observed, the reward for this pain is the ability to point to specific instances where the creationist viewpoint is wholly false.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U