3 of 3
Glenn Beck: Evolution Is Ridiculous—“I Haven’t Seen A Half-Monkey, Half-Person Yet”
Posted: 02 November 2010 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

If a post is a reply and quoting a lot so you know what exactly is being countered in each section, it doesn’t bother me as much as the ones that simply quote the entire bulk of the post(s) that came before it.  The latter just irritate me.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 09 November 2010 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

After watching Glen Beck for the first time, he seems like a strange guy.  I hope that he can heal his mental state.

[ Edited: 09 November 2010 10:27 PM by jump_in_the_pit ]
Image Attachments
GlenBeckass2.jpgGlenBecksucks2.jpg
 Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 09 November 2010 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-11-09

Getting back on thread.  The idea of the crockoduck is facetious and ridiculous and shows that the author knows nothing about evolution, genetics or basically anything else.
I think there is more evidence accrued from multiple disciplines for our origins than there are for Relativity.  Mind you, it is possible to genetically engineer a crockoduck I guess or something that could look like it.  The problem is how it could survive without the intervention of people as we are its environment, should we create such an entity.
I postulate this as I think it could be done: the morality of such a venture is another issue.  In the natural world crockoducks could not exist and should a mutant occur which looked somehow like a crockoduck as there is no way for them to survive or anyway to pass on their genes..which is very hard when you are dead.  Such extreme mutants do not survive.
VFX

Signature 

My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you’ll be happy; if not, you’ll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Posted: 10 November 2010 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

Dude, Cameron and Beck are idiots.  It’s that simple.  And the crocoduck rules all with its glorious awesomeness.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 10 November 2010 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

I’m pretty sure it would be incredibly, incredibly difficult to genetically engineer a crocoduck, since it’s half reptile and half bird…they have different circulatory systems, etc.

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

3 of 3