13 of 20
Do you like to eat and cook?
Posted: 27 March 2011 12:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 26 March 2011 10:38 PM

I often feel better in the kitchen as a vegan because we don’t have the germ-laden meat touching everything.

Unfortunately. problems such as what you get with e-coli contamination are not limited to meat or any other animal products. I remember a recall for example over spinach from Mexico and lettuce from the good old U.S. of A.

Spinach and strawberries are the produce most frequently reported to be contaminated with e-coli, as far as I can tell.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 27 March 2011 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Strawberries? Can’t say as I’ve run into that one before.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 27 March 2011 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 27 March 2011 03:35 AM

Strawberries? Can’t say as I’ve run into that one before.

Might be a California thing….

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 27 March 2011 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 26 March 2011 10:38 PM

I often feel better in the kitchen as a vegan because we don’t have the germ-laden meat touching everything.

Unfortunately. problems such as what you get with e-coli contamination are not limited to meat or any other animal products. I remember a recall for example over spinach from Mexico and lettuce from the good old U.S. of A.

That’s true. Cleanliness is next to ... well, cleanliness.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 27 March 2011 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29

Reminds me of Mark Crislip from QuackCast who often jokes that he won’t eat anything that hasn’t been deep fried.  grin

Posted: 27 March 2011 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 27 March 2011 05:39 AM

Reminds me of Mark Crislip from QuackCast who often jokes that he won’t eat anything that hasn’t been deep fried.  grin

There was a Ramsey’s Kitchen episode where one of the chefs would accidentally drop food on the floor and then toss it into the deep frier. Ramsey yelled at him. The guy responded that the deep frier “cleans” it.  sick

Signature 

Posted: 27 March 2011 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15
traveler - 27 March 2011 06:00 AM
George - 27 March 2011 05:39 AM

There was a Ramsey’s Kitchen episode where one of the chefs would accidentally drop food on the floor and then toss it into the deep frier. Ramsey yelled at him. The guy responded that the deep frier “cleans” it.  sick

how clean was the floor
how long did he take to pick it up
how hot was the deep fryer

tongue wink

lordie only know what all is in all them canned food and processed snacks and candies folks eat.
But, hell all of us living critters are pretty much made out of the same stuff anyways…

ashes to ashes, dust to dust, nutrients to nutrients

tongue wink cheese

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 27 March 2011 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

The guy responded that the deep frier “cleans” it.

Suuuuuuuuurreeeee it does! I’ll bet that one will play real well with an inspector from the Health Department.

NOT!!! angry

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 28 March 2011 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Total Posts:  5179
Joined  2010-06-16

Yeah, but the floor grit can still crack a filling.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 28 March 2011 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Occam. - 28 March 2011 12:18 PM

Yeah, but the floor grit can still crack a filling.  smile

Occam

Oh yeah, the guy was not so bright - to say the least.

Signature 

Posted: 29 March 2011 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

Unfortunately, some of the people who are hired for these places aren’t exactly in any danger of being offered membership in the Menza Society.

Signature 

Posted: 29 March 2011 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 29 March 2011 12:14 AM

Unfortunately, some of the people who are hired for these places aren’t exactly in any danger of being offered membership in the Menza Society.

Maybe he was a member, have you ever talked to a member of the Mensa Society? Smart and common sense do not always go hand in hand. Nor do brains and caring, and smart in one area doesn’t always translate to everything else….

Signature 

Posted: 29 March 2011 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
asanta - 29 March 2011 01:43 AM
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 29 March 2011 12:14 AM

Maybe he was a member, have you ever talked to a member of the Mensa Society? Smart and common sense do not always go hand in hand. Nor do brains and caring, and smart in one area doesn’t always translate to everything else….

True!

Signature 

Posted: 29 March 2011 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

Maybe he was a member, have you ever talked to a member of the Mensa Society? Smart and common sense do not always go hand in hand.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I had some encounter with a guy named Tom Pappas on some of the RMS Titanic forums. He actually managed to get himself booted off of one and get banned from some of the listserves.

He’s gone now. Passed away a few years ago, which is a pity. He may have been a pain in the rear at times, and his often bad manners were his undoing on more then one occasion, but when he was right, he had a funny habit of being the rightest guy around.

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2011 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

That Ramsey… what a dick… what, is someone yanking his ball harness?  But despite my disgust over him, I would like to see him give up on these silly little dinners and go for the big guys… the food factories.  Let’s see how the Green Giant turns out.  How ‘bout Bird’s Eye.  What do you think that will turn up in the Heinz factory?  Or check out what Trader Joe is up to.  C’mon dick, lets see you do some good for once!  Maybe we should wrap up that fat head of yours in latex before you go, to muffle your big mouth for a change! 

Oh those Brits.  smile

[ Edited: 03 April 2011 07:02 PM by jump_in_the_pit ]
 Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

13 of 20