2 of 3
My government professor is promoting woo
Posted: 23 October 2010 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4726
Joined  2007-10-05

Here is the money shot. It cures what ails ya.

Image Attachments
cimer_im_curcumin-review-124.png
 Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 23 October 2010 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  7664
Joined  2008-04-11

Darn! It’s useless! It won’t help you lose weight!! mad

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 23 October 2010 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5500
Joined  2010-06-16

Oh hell, I use turmeric when I cook Indian dishes.  I guess this means the price is going to triple at the local Indian market.  And since it’s so widely used in Pakistan and India, I suppost that explains why they all live to 150.  LOL

Interesting how different instructors can be.  I had a Political Science instructor at UCLA, Dr. Lien, who announced at the beginning of the class that he was a conservative, but he would try to be objective.  He said we would get points if we ever caught him in a statement that showed any bias.  We all listened very carefully but never caught him.  Hey, now, after 60 years, I just realized that he was using a gimmick to make us really pay attention to his lectures.  smile

Occam

[ Edited: 23 October 2010 09:29 PM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 23 October 2010 09:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20
DarronS - 23 October 2010 08:44 PM

Here is the money shot. It cures what ails ya.

What?!  It doesn’t cure The Vapors?!  Please tell me it at least aligns the Four Humors?  LOL

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 23 October 2010 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Rocinante - 23 October 2010 09:36 PM

What?!  It doesn’t cure The Vapors?!  Please tell me it at least aligns the Four Humors?  LOL

I won’t help me lose weight…it won’t cure the vapors…the price on the spice shelf is going to be too expensive to use for the one thing it is actually good for…
darn, ruined my week! cool mad

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 24 October 2010 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  2457
Joined  2008-06-03
asanta - 23 October 2010 02:59 PM
Jules - 23 October 2010 02:07 PM

[She raised her voice to the children, and made horrible remarks to parents (in front of the children) about gays, race and other topics. Several parents, each year, try to get this lady an early retirement (she is about that age) but are told “sorry, she has tenure, we can’t do anything.” .

WOW gulp I wish my union had that kind of power. What does she have to do to get fired….burn a cross on the arms of the kids or have sex with them? If I were to do ANY of those things after a verbal and written warning, I would be out on my ass and probably unemployable….no matter how wonderful my nursing skills are.

To get her fired, we could just say that she’s an atheist or she is teaching the children about safe sex. She’s be out of there in NO TIME AT ALL!  LOL  ohh  LOL

Signature 

Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.    - Lex Luthor

Posted: 24 October 2010 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Sadly, that is probably true..

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2010 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

The head of the college’s government department called me a few minutes ago. He said he is very concerned about the professor’s actions and he will follow up on this matter. He also thanked me for bringing this to his attention and said he considers it very serious.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 25 October 2010 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2006-02-14
DarronS - 25 October 2010 11:07 AM

The head of the college’s government department called me a few minutes ago. He said he is very concerned about the professor’s actions and he will follow up on this matter. He also thanked me for bringing this to his attention and said he considers it very serious.

Glad to hear it, Darron. So far so good.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 25 October 2010 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

I had a high school history teacher who took up an entire class period to walk us through his JFK assassination conspiracy theories. Some students stood up to him. That was fun to see smile

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 25 October 2010 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
DarronS - 25 October 2010 11:07 AM

Hooray! Can you record the lectures…you know, so you can study them more fully at a later time?? wink Will it be dropped if he denies it?

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2010 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2007-10-05

He can’t deny it because he posted several items about this on our school’s electronic blackboard. And before you ask, yes, I downloaded those items to my personal computer.

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2010 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Hooray..now lets see if something is done about it..

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2010 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20
domokato - 25 October 2010 12:26 PM

I had a high school history teacher who took up an entire class period to walk us through his JFK assassination conspiracy theories.

How ironic.  Curcumin could have cured Kennedy’s gun shot wounds…at least the 19 fired from the Grassy Knoll.  The 17 other gun shots fired from the open manhole in the road, Jimmy Hoffa’s car, LBJ’s limo, Elvis’ Cadillac and the Illuminati’s flying saucer would have required homeopathic pills, chiropractic manipulation and ear candling to save JFK.  That’s why Big Pharma keeps these cure-alls down, they didn’t like Kennedy!  LOL

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 25 October 2010 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Rocinante - 25 October 2010 01:58 PM
domokato - 25 October 2010 12:26 PM

I had a high school history teacher who took up an entire class period to walk us through his JFK assassination conspiracy theories.

How ironic.  Curcumin could have cured Kennedy’s gun shot wounds…at least the 19 fired from the Grassy Knoll.  The 17 other gun shots fired from the open manhole in the road, Jimmy Hoffa’s car, LBJ’s limo, Elvis’ Cadillac and the Illuminati’s flying saucer would have required homeopathic pills, chiropractic manipulation and ear candling to save JFK.  That’s why Big Pharma keeps these cure-alls down, they didn’t like Kennedy!  LOL

tongue wink

Signature 

2 of 3