9 of 10
Good Reference: Annotated Bible, Koran, Book of Mormon
Posted: 30 June 2011 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
AlexM - 29 June 2011 09:50 PM

As a recent ex-Mormon, I must say that I love the annotated Book of Mormon. It’s refreshing to see the fallacy of Joseph Smith’s claims. As soon as I did my own research and saw both sides I knew what I had known for a while, that Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon and that the story of how he “discovered” the golden plates was simply too good to be true.

Yeah, he made a surprising set of claims, that’s for sure.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 30 June 2011 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2011-06-29
dougsmith - 30 June 2011 03:59 AM

As a recent ex-Mormon, I must say that I love the annotated Book of Mormon. It’s refreshing to see the fallacy of Joseph Smith’s claims. As soon as I did my own research and saw both sides I knew what I had known for a while, that Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon and that the story of how he “discovered” the golden plates was simply too good to be true.

I’ve always wanted to read a book called “View of the Hebrews” by Elliot Smith (no relation to Joseph), which was written before the Book of Mormon and details the same pseudo-history of the Israelites being descendants of Native Americas. One I get through The Demon-Haunted World, it’s my next read.

Posted: 30 June 2011 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24
AlexM - 30 June 2011 09:11 AM

I’ve always wanted to read a book called “View of the Hebrews” by Elliot Smith (no relation to Joseph), which was written before the Book of Mormon and details the same pseudo-history of the Israelites being descendants of Native Americas. One I get through The Demon-Haunted World, it’s my next read.

There are many psuedo historical claims of Israeli’s being the descendents of somebody else,I’ve heard British,Ethiopian,Indian,Turkic,Irish even extra terrestrials.It’s amusing in a weird way.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 30 June 2011 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-06-29
mid atlantic - 30 June 2011 06:26 PM

I’ve always wanted to read a book called “View of the Hebrews” by Elliot Smith (no relation to Joseph), which was written before the Book of Mormon and details the same pseudohistory of the Israelites being descendants of Native Americans. Once I get through The Demon-Haunted World, it’s my next read.

There are many psuedo historical claims of Israeli’s being the descendents of somebody else,I’ve heard British,Ethiopian,Indian,Turkic,Irish even extra terrestrials.It’s amusing in a weird way.

I heard a guy on the bus one time tell a college student that the Hebrews were descended from aliens because Hebrew was too logical of a language to have been created thousands of years ago. It was quite amusing.

Posted: 30 June 2011 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
AlexM - 30 June 2011 06:32 PM

I’ve always wanted to read a book called “View of the Hebrews” by Elliot Smith (no relation to Joseph), which was written before the Book of Mormon and details the same pseudohistory of the Israelites being descendants of Native Americans. Once I get through The Demon-Haunted World, it’s my next read.

I heard a guy on the bus one time tell a college student that the Hebrews were descended from aliens because Hebrew was too logical of a language to have been created thousands of years ago. It was quite amusing.

LOL I love it.One of my ex girlfriends used to believe that Irish people are really Hebrews,thats why the English hated them so much.She thought the English had the concentration camps first and the German’s copied their technique.Her reasoning was that Gaelic and Hebrew have a lot of similarities,however she couldn’t speak either of those languages!Some people are beyond bizzare.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2011 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-06-29
mid atlantic - 30 June 2011 07:03 PM
AlexM - 30 June 2011 06:32 PM

LOL I love it.One of my ex girlfriends used to believe that Irish people are really Hebrews,thats why the English hated them so much.She thought the English had the concentration camps first and the German’s copied their technique.Her reasoning was that Gaelic and Hebrew have a lot of similarities,however she couldn’t speak either of those languages!Some people are beyond bizzare.

That’s just too much… funny how she culdn’t speak either language yet she was so sure they were the same.

Posted: 01 August 2011 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26
adam456 - 01 August 2011 12:16 PM

HI admin ,

There is a word Quran not koran . This is a Holy book please replace koran by Quran.

Thanks

And what makes it Holy?  It is derived from the word “recitation”.

[ Edited: 01 August 2011 02:13 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 01 August 2011 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14
adam456 - 01 August 2011 12:16 PM

HI admin ,

There is a word Quran not koran . This is a Holy book please replace koran by Quran.

Thanks

“Koran” is a standard transliteration of the Arabic word.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 03 August 2011 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
adam456 - 03 August 2011 09:43 AM

Hi Write4U and Admin,

I am a Muslim and I read all the book (Quran).Quran is Holy book like Bible .You are right Mr Admin that Quran is an Arabic word.

With respect to your beliefs, what makes a book Holy? I ask the same question from Christians about the Holy Bible.

[ Edited: 03 August 2011 12:00 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 04 August 2011 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

This is an incredible reference. I am enjoying it immensely. Sure wish I had known about it a while back.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 04 August 2011 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29
adam456 - 04 August 2011 01:04 PM

God send us 4 books Bible, Quran, Engeel , and 1 more I don’t know about exact name of this book .

Hmm, the Malleus Maleficarum?

Posted: 04 August 2011 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2008-11-10
Write4U - 03 August 2011 11:51 AM

Hi Write4U and Admin,

I am a Muslim and I read all the book (Quran).Quran is Holy book like Bible .You are right Mr Admin that Quran is an Arabic word.

With respect to your beliefs, what makes a book Holy? I ask the same question from Christians about the Holy Bible.

Hi

Thanks for your reply . God send us 4 books Bible, Quran, Engeel , and 1 more I don’t know about exact name of this book .
As you say what makes a book Holy? then the answer is that only these 4 books sended by God by his noble people and as you are looking that every book have a writer as like books that you can purchase from market .These 4 books are message of God to us how we can spend our life .I am Muslim but I respect to all these books .

If you had been born in the Arctic, you probably wouldn’t be Muslim.

Posted: 04 August 2011 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
Write4U - 03 August 2011 11:51 AM

Hi Write4U and Admin,

Hi

Thanks for your reply . God send us 4 books Bible, Quran, Engeel , and 1 more I don’t know about exact name of this book .
As you say what makes a book Holy? then the answer is that only these 4 books sended by God by his noble people and as you are looking that every book have a writer as like books that you can purchase from market .These 4 books are message of God to us how we can spend our life .I am Muslim but I respect to all these books .

I believe they are: Torah (oldest book), Old Testament/Engeel (later book), New Testament (stll later book), Quran (latest book).

The problem I have is that while all those books are related, they differ significantly in many areas and recitals. So which is the correct Holy Book?

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 04 August 2011 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
adam456 - 04 August 2011 03:17 PM

I don’t read all these books but according to prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)says that Quran is the latest book and all the welfare of human are there .I receive this message from my parents and they receive from my grand parents and more over all the muslims receive this message by some sources . You must read these four books these are available in market in english translation so read all the books and get result .

Most here don’t believe in Muhammed.

Signature 

Posted: 04 August 2011 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
adam456 - 04 August 2011 04:18 PM
mid atlantic - 04 August 2011 03:23 PM
adam456 - 04 August 2011 03:17 PM

I don’t read all these books but according to prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)says that Quran is the latest book and all the welfare of human are there .I receive this message from my parents and they receive from my grand parents and more over all the muslims receive this message by some sources . You must read these four books these are available in market in english translation so read all the books and get result .

Most here don’t believe in Muhammed.

Every one has some different believes but my believe Muhammad is the great personality for all the human beings any how I don’t want to discuss about any religion or any prophet .

If you ever want to compare specific claims about all of those books, the very first post of this thread has a link to a very good website.

Signature 

W4U

9 of 10