U.S. Survey: 1 in 10 Kids Has ADHD
Posted: 25 April 2011 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2010-07-01
Bees Mom - 25 April 2011 09:45 AM
traveler - 25 April 2011 07:30 AM
Bees Mom - 25 April 2011 12:47 AM

And to put the stats in perspective, 5 out of 10 people have Herpes and most don’t know it.

C

I am a happily married monogamist. It does have its benefits.  tongue rolleye

I mean all the Herpes types, and you don’t need to have sex to catch them.

People can get it in their fingers. And you don’t even need open sores.

C

Many people assume that all forms of Herpes are located at the genitals. Cold sores are considered a form of Herpes, which btw are highly contagious, so it’s no surprise that so many people have Herpes.

From Adhd to Herpes. Htf did he topic change to that?

Posted: 26 April 2011 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17
ExMachina - 25 April 2011 03:32 PM

I have talents like that. Want a conversation to do a 180? Send me in.

C

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 26 April 2011 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2010-07-01
Bees Mom - 26 April 2011 01:01 AM
ExMachina - 25 April 2011 03:32 PM

I have talents like that. Want a conversation to do a 180? Send me in.

C

LOL Np. I was just being dramatic.

Posted: 26 April 2011 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
Bees Mom - 25 April 2011 09:45 AM
traveler - 25 April 2011 07:30 AM
Bees Mom - 25 April 2011 12:47 AM

And to put the stats in perspective, 5 out of 10 people have Herpes and most don’t know it.

C

I am a happily married monogamist. It does have its benefits.  tongue rolleye

I mean all the Herpes types, and you don’t need to have sex to catch them.

People can get it in their fingers. And you don’t even need open sores.

C

For sure, but my risks still go way down.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 26 April 2011 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
traveler - 26 April 2011 06:28 AM

Sure, assuming your wife is also a happily married monogamist.  wink

Posted: 26 April 2011 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 26 April 2011 06:31 AM
traveler - 26 April 2011 06:28 AM

Sure, assuming your wife is also a happily married monogamist.  wink

I love your sense of humor.  cheese  wink  And of course you are right and that is my assumption. red face

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 09 July 2014 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05

Now this is really interesting:

Why so many kids can’t sit still in school today

We quickly learned after further testing, that most of the children in the classroom had poor core strength and balance. In fact, we tested a few other classrooms and found that when compared to children from the early 1980s, only one out of twelve children had normal strength and balance. Only one! Oh my goodness, I thought to myself. These children need to move!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2014/07/08/why-so-many-kids-cant-sit-still-in-school-today/?tid=sm_fb

Were the kids all that great in the early 1980s?

Create conditions in the schools that are unnatural and stupid and then say there is something wrong with the kids for having trouble putting up with the bullshi1.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 09 July 2014 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Total Posts:  834
Joined  2014-06-20
ExMachina - 10 November 2010 04:04 PM

I think we’ll keep seeing new disorders, and each with high percentages of affected people, that’ll eventually indicate that everyones a freak.

Yes. It keeps psychologists employed.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 10 July 2014 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Total Posts:  2714
Joined  2011-04-24
psikeyhackr - 09 July 2014 06:36 PM

Now this is really interesting:

Why so many kids can’t sit still in school today

We quickly learned after further testing, that most of the children in the classroom had poor core strength and balance. In fact, we tested a few other classrooms and found that when compared to children from the early 1980s, only one out of twelve children had normal strength and balance. Only one! Oh my goodness, I thought to myself. These children need to move!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2014/07/08/why-so-many-kids-cant-sit-still-in-school-today/?tid=sm_fb

Were the kids all that great in the early 1980s?

Create conditions in the schools that are unnatural and stupid and then say there is something wrong with the kids for having trouble putting up with the bullshi1.

psik

Yep, not surprising. The destruction of young peoples minds and bodies has been going on for about 30 years, hasn’t it?

No sign that this nonsense will end anytime soon. With the way these issues are going, the public education system is beginning to sign it’s own death warrant. Many observant parents (of normal kids) who have the money, will send their kids to private school instead, leaving the public schools filled with poor, abused, angry, over-medicated lost causes.

Also, some of these maligned, over-medicated kids will become future mass killers.

[ Edited: 10 July 2014 02:47 AM by mid atlantic ]
 Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 10 July 2014 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Total Posts:  834
Joined  2014-06-20

Every generation thinks tthe next one is going to rack and ruin because it’s different.  That’s how evolution works, psychologically as well as biologically.  We are used to the conditions of our own generation—we have adjusted to them and have convinced ourselves that many things about our generation are superior.  Then the next generation comes along—their experiences are different, they have little connection to the previous generation’s experiences and conditions and they adjust to their own.  It’s been going on forever. We say, “You kids just don’t understand what’s right and valuable. And, of course they don’t understand what was right and valuable to our generation because they haven’t lived it. They’re living their own. They are growing up with the communications of their own generation—just as we did. It does have an effect on them, as ours did on us. And their kids’ generation will be different than theirs, ad infinitum. But there is a tendency to see the next generation’s changes as if there is something wrong with them simply because they are taking a different path than we did.. We see them as changing too fast, as taking a dangerous path, but they are changing exactly as their conditions warrant.  It’s not the kids’ problem, it’s ours. We can’t keep pace with the changes so we assume there is something wrong with them, not us. Our generation will die off and conditions of the succeeding generation will prevail—until it’s time for their generation and their generation’s experience and values to die off, too. I think this is the root of ADHD diagnoses.  We can’t accept the kids’ conditions and how they are adjusting to them, so we put a diagnosis on it, we turn it into a failure, a sickness. We see the kids and society as failing when in fact they are merely evolving as they should.

Signature 

[color=red“Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.”
― George Eliot, Silas Marner[/color]

Posted: 13 July 2014 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
LoisL - 10 July 2014 03:38 AM

Every generation thinks tthe next one is going to rack and ruin because it’s different.  That’s how evolution works, psychologically as well as biologically. 

I don’t know, that sounds like the same thing as contrarians claiming extreme weather has always happened - it’s only true if you don’t look at the details.

When I look around at the today’s world compared to the world after my high school graduation - it’s a desert of opportunities compared to the 70s.  As for the latitude of freedom to move around and find gainful employment - that too is light years worse nowadays.  As for future prospects and hope… sorry kids the 20th century soaked it all up, you kids get to figure out how best to suck your needs out of the waste we’re leaving behind for you. 

I believe deep down kids realize this, while their parents keep pretending we are still living in the 50s and all’s good with their insular worlds and God.
~ ~ ~ 

We don’t exist in a circle of life… it’s a spiral of life.  Sadly on this planet that life is qualitatively and quantitatively disintegrating before our eyes, and all the rose water in the world won’t mask it.
~ ~ ~

George - 10 November 2010 06:52 PM
brightfut - 10 November 2010 06:40 PM

Brains adapt and develop according to the stimulus that is provided.  If they get lots of stimulus then they get used to that level of stimulus.  I think movies today are a lot more violent also.  They get used to that level of violence.  If they suddenly had to live with the lower level of stimulus that was around say 50 years ago they would go nuts.

Don’t forget that what they say about movies today, they used to say about comic books in the fifties.

Yea and look where that embrace of pure fantasy has gotten us after a half century of gestation - well over half our population believe reality is anything you want to fantasize it to be. 

The slippery sliddy slope just keeps getting steeper and closer to that angle of repose - gosh it’s nice to be almost 60 rather than 16 - and what a god-aweful indictment that is of our generation’s tenure on this Earth.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

5 of 5

‹‹ Genetics and race      Bush is back ››