Episode 53 - Human Sexuality: Sin, Crime, or Simple Humanity? Part 1
Posted: 16 November 2010 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2010-02-08

Part one of a two-part lecture by Joyce Salisbury, professor emerita of history and humanistic studies at the University of Wisconsin – Green Bay.

On July 24,2008, the Center for Inquiry / Transnational at Amherst New York presented Dr. Salisbury’s lecture “Human Sexuality: Sin, Crime, or Simple Humanity?” before an audience of adult learners at that summer’s Center for Inquiry Institute. Her lecture examines concepts of the human animal as an embodied creature, especially as viewed through the eyes of the Christian religion through its history.

The lecture included unscripted dialogue with members of the class. Because questions and student comments were spontaneous, it was not possible to record them. A brief silence in the program denotes a question that could not be heard.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/centerstage/episodes/episode_53_human_sexuality_sin_crime_or_simple_humanity_part_1

Posted: 13 December 2010 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  263
Joined  2008-11-10

If homosexuality is a sin and being gay isn’t a choice then God is evil because he created something just to damn it.

Posted: 23 December 2010 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2010-12-23
john76 - 13 December 2010 05:19 PM

If homosexuality is a sin and being gay isn’t a choice then God is evil because he created something just to damn it.

Hello. If the christian mythology is examined it seems that Dad was willing to let his only son be tortured to death. No surprize there then that he likes to play with his food.

Signature 

Mihi, quanto plura recentium seu veterum revolvo, tanto magis ludibria rerum mortalium cunctis in negotiis observantur - Tacitus

” I knew that!” - me

Posted: 24 December 2010 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26

Apparently God also promotes pedophilia. Why would He allow so many clergy so inclined have contact with young boys?

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 14 February 2011 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-14

good point, there are so many contraditions.. if it were me, I wouldn’t even allow my son the opportunity to get tempted!