Total Posts:  32
Joined  2006-09-02

http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/

...discuss

Posted: 04 September 2006 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2006-07-07

Reminds me of the same brand of brainwashing that occurred with the Nazi youth in WWII.  Nazi…Christian…what’s the difference really? But Christianity has a lot of good things to offer young people.  It keeps them off drugs and off the streets and hoepfully from getting pregnant or diseased.  That alone is worth it’s weight in gold. The price to pay is just that they are forced to believe a slew of falsehoods.

Posted: 04 September 2006 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2006-03-08

I was deeply distressed when I saw the trailer for this documentary; not that I haven’t seen things like this before, but being faced with this nonsense is just too much to bear.  The worst part, for me, was the constant questioning of the children: “When did you first realize your love for the Lord?” and things of that nature…  Of course, they’ll try to gain their parents’ and leaders’ approval and spout some bull$%# about how Jesus died for their sins and how much better their life is now.  “I first accepted Jesus as my savior when I was FIVE,” one of the kids said!  Give me a freakin break!  Like you’re ready to solve all the world’s cosmological difficulties when you’re FIVE. 

This is pure propagandist, brain-washing, life-course-setting trash, and I’m afraid it’s becoming the predominant norm in American society.  These kids are trained like animals to view EVERYTHING through the “Christian” lens, and they’ll have a hell of a time breaking out of that, if ever.  Education will never be able to counter the strict upbringing the parents impose on their children (that is, if they even send their kids to public school, which they most likely won’t)

Not sure what to recommend that we do, other than keep fighting the good fight, keeping academia as secular as possible and maintaining separation of church and state, so that this stuff can’t pervade mainstream communication to too great of an extent.

Posted: 08 September 2006 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2006-09-02

Don’t beat yourself up over this in America, the Govt minister who until recently held the Education portfolio in Britain is a member of Opus Dei (who apparently are not the German pop rock group from the 80’s).

Posted: 21 September 2006 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2005-06-28

When dealing with classmates I ussually try to make fun of these types of movies.  My new goals are to try to prevent people from being christian ofr attending church.  This part of my goals have been fairly successful. On the other hand getting rid God altogather with these type of people has been unsuccessful for me.

Signature 

Fighting the evil belief that there is a god(s).