2 of 2
Wikileaks documents still considered classified - don’t look!
Posted: 14 February 2011 11:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3794
Joined  2010-08-15

I’ve heard bits and pieces that perhaps Wiki has had more impact than we are lead to believe.  Then I came across this… I tried reading it and went through most of it, but it left me in the dust.

Anyone out there comprehend this drama?

Spy Games: Inside the Convoluted Plot to Bring Down WikiLeaks

Nate Anderson ~ February 14, 2011

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/02/spy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+wired/index+(Wired:+Index+3+(Top+Stories+2))

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 15 February 2011 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22

Not really. There’s lots of intrigue, but the article does a poor job of describing just how that was an attack on Wikileaks.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 15 February 2011 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22
Dead Monky - 07 December 2010 01:38 PM

This is indeed an interesting battle.  I wonder what WikiLeaks has up its sleeve.  It’s threatened to release some pretty sensitive and important information if they feel threatened.  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

I haven’t been following it that closely, however what it seems to be is mostly embarassing comments and not critical security information.  However, it may not be best idea to post all the personal opinions of people in sensitive positions, as this may cause them to limit what they are telling the people they are responsible for.  I think in diplomacy espically, it may be important for my boss or support staff to know I am dealing with a fool or a gangster, etc., but I probably will not want him to know my honest opinion. zipper

Please note: the above statement goes completely against my normal feeling towards Freedom of Information, as well of my knowledge that many secrets are only secrets because they are embarrasing to someone in power.  Back to the old problem of finding the balance.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 15 February 2011 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

You’re probably right about what it’s actually composed of.  Or it’s something stupid like lunch orders at classified facilities.  “They’re classified!”

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

2 of 2