1 of 3
Has anyone experienced a spirit walk or able to see the spirt realm?  Do you believe it to be true?
Posted: 05 December 2010 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2010-11-21

This in fact has happened to me and I’m not crazy.  Please share you open and honest opinions.

Signature 

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to make philosophers convincing enough to make you believe there is no such thing as a soul.

Posted: 05 December 2010 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5190
Joined  2010-06-16

No, I haven’t experienced that, but I did have a related experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed my single time of smoking hashish.  The log in the campfire turned into a Chinese dragon, and the stars came down to about ten feet above my sleeping bag.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 05 December 2010 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-09-21

As a kid I had an NDE wherein the world melted into a ball of white flames and smoke, and some squeaky voice kept saying “stop that, come this way” over and over, and some people pushed me along in a cart towards a tiny speck of darkness that didn’t seem to get any closer…

Then I woke up puking pool water with a bunch of people looking at me. The brain goes on a WILD ride when it starts to be deprived of oxygen, nothing too mysterious about it really. Interesting, for sure…but not mysterious or mystical.

Signature 

Bradleclerc.com - OttawaTechHelp.ca

Posted: 05 December 2010 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-21

In what I know,  The darkness is something you want to avoid If you are not of light when you are on the other side.  How has that event in your life change you or make you into the person you are today?

Signature 

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to make philosophers convincing enough to make you believe there is no such thing as a soul.

Posted: 05 December 2010 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-09-21

Hasn’t really done much of anything to shape who I am any more than any other event. Nothing particularly unique or interesting about it as far as I can tell. Just your standard near-drowning, oxygen deprivation induced mind-trip. I guess it did put me off going swimming for a while. heh.

Signature 

Bradleclerc.com - OttawaTechHelp.ca

Posted: 06 December 2010 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15

you know during my early decades I was really into the spiritual thing.

As a kid I got into Church and felt the presence of Jesus and all that. . . but that dissolved.

As a teen of those 60/70s the good old Carlos Castaneda tales, at least the first four books, made a great impression on me because something about the spirit of Don Juan really resonated within me.
So on and off I’d try to get to the point of singularity through mediation, you know the emptying of the self and openness to the “all”, perhaps with a little chem help.

Then one time out in the Canyon Lands I really got into the zone and it was like touching a hot iron - or finding yourself shoved outside one of those Space Stations in Star Wars, or 2001 -  Holy Shit, talk about touching nothingness. . .  for me it was like f’ this. . . OK, never mind. . . give me a little reality illusion between me and the ALL. 
It was a very humbling experience and I have not tried going there since.

So I’ll stick just to attempting to Walk with Grace, no matter how big a clod I actually am.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 06 December 2010 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22
ltothexo - 05 December 2010 08:37 PM

This in fact has happened to me and I’m not crazy.  Please share you open and honest opinions.

If you mean “realm” as in feeling like I’ve been transported to a different plane of reality, this has never happened to me.

I’ve never taken hallucinogens either, and I know from experience that if I get too drunk, I do not go into “memory lapse” mode like some people do, but I simply get sick.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 06 December 2010 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3799
Joined  2010-08-15
TromboneAndrew - 06 December 2010 04:43 AM

I know from experience that if I get too drunk, I do not go into “memory lapse” mode like some people do,
but I simply get sick.

that’s your body telling you it loves you (or at least its own self)  smile

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 06 December 2010 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22
Occam. - 05 December 2010 08:42 PM

No, I haven’t experienced that, but I did have a related experience, and I thoroughly enjoyed my single time of smoking hashish.  The log in the campfire turned into a Chinese dragon, and the stars came down to about ten feet above my sleeping bag.

Occam

Don’t know what happened here, my text didn’t post.  Please delete.

[ Edited: 06 December 2010 06:23 PM by garythehuman ]
 Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 06 December 2010 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07
citizenschallenge.pm - 06 December 2010 01:08 AM

Then one time out in the Canyon Lands I really got into the zone and it was like touching a hot iron - or finding yourself shoved outside one of those Space Stations in Star Wars, or 2001 -  Holy Shit, talk about touching nothingness. . .  for me it was like f’ this. . . OK, never mind. . . give me a little reality illusion between me and the ALL. 
It was a very humbling experience and I have not tried going there since.

So I’ll stick just to attempting to Walk with Grace, no matter how big a clod I actually am.

Same thing happen to me. It really scared me and like you said it was a very humbling experience.
I don’t know if anyone could understand what it is like to have “reality” disappear on you like that. However I now appreciate this experience of reality even if it is some illusion of existence.

Posted: 06 December 2010 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5976
Joined  2009-02-26

I do believe we have conversations with ourselves. Are these different voices within ourselves the spiritual realm we are talking about?  (interesting book, “Operators and Things”)
I do occasionally experience a feeling of looking down at myself from a third perspective. I consider that aspect of myself as my moral judge. Sometimes, I end up looking into the mirror and cracking up with laughter at my own foibles.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 07 December 2010 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-21

My experience was like this.  It’s funny.  At the time I was not christian and a person of Christianity started working with me.  He had left the church and had a falling out with God.  After we talked it seemed as if he was talking to God but to him self without anyone hearing the conversation.  I was at the other side of the warehouse and I had the impulse to rush over and say something to him.  It ended up being the answer to the question he made to God.  as this continued I to was talking to God as it he was beside me.  I then opened my self to the possibility that this is actually happening.  I continued to i do not know how to describe it, it’s like a release.  Everything that was inside me(spiritually) was let out and at that time I both existed in the physical and spiritual realm.  I could see thing that to this day i can’t put into words.  For example I was on the highway and as you know you do not see people just walking around on the side.  Well I must have passed dozens of people.  Crazy right?  Also it felt like night when it was day.  At one point I was fully immersed in the other realm and saw pockets of light as if spot lights but coming down from the sky.  People in the cars that did not have the light had black blotches and I could clearly make out what I would find out later were sins.  I was resiting scripture that I did not read before and confirmed it by actually finding a bible and as if knowing were it was reading it.  The experience of me in both worlds was about 5 minutes but the connection to God remained present until I fell asleep.  I have 3 witnesses to my experience one being Christian and was skeptical because she was aware of my past and could not believe that God shared this with me.

I will not tell anyone the conversation I had with God.  It really is personal.  Now that I’m a follower of Christ I never had that experience again.  Although given the time i had with God I know why.  I was give a peace of what we are all capable in this world and although I want to feel that again I don’t at the same time.  It’s funny people that are not believer can make up thing to what they think is true.  Even providing scientific proof.  But then why can’t it then be reproduced. 

This is my story.  I lived it and I’m not crazy nor was I truly christian at the time.

Signature 

Posted: 07 December 2010 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07
ltothexo - 07 December 2010 09:17 AM

My experience was like this.  It’s funny.  At the time I was not christian and a person of Christianity started working with me.  He had left the church and had a falling out with God.  After we talked it seemed as if he was talking to God but to him self without anyone hearing the conversation.  I was at the other side of the warehouse and I had the impulse to rush over and say something to him.  It ended up being the answer to the question he made to God.  as this continued I to was talking to God as it he was beside me.  I then opened my self to the possibility that this is actually happening.  I continued to i do not know how to describe it, it’s like a release.  Everything that was inside me(spiritually) was let out and at that time I both existed in the physical and spiritual realm.  I could see thing that to this day i can’t put into words.  For example I was on the highway and as you know you do not see people just walking around on the side.  Well I must have passed dozens of people.  Crazy right?  Also it felt like night when it was day.  At one point I was fully immersed in the other realm and saw pockets of light as if spot lights but coming down from the sky.  People in the cars that did not have the light had black blotches and I could clearly make out what I would find out later were sins.  I was resiting scripture that I did not read before and confirmed it by actually finding a bible and as if knowing were it was reading it.  The experience of me in both worlds was about 5 minutes but the connection to God remained present until I fell asleep.  I have 3 witnesses to my experience one being Christian and was skeptical because she was aware of my past and could not believe that God shared this with me.

I will not tell anyone the conversation I had with God.  It really is personal.  Now that I’m a follower of Christ I never had that experience again.  Although given the time i had with God I know why.  I was give a peace of what we are all capable in this world and although I want to feel that again I don’t at the same time.  It’s funny people that are not believer can make up thing to what they think is true.  Even providing scientific proof.  But then why can’t it then be reproduced. 

This is my story.  I lived it and I’m not crazy nor was I truly christian at the time.

Your experience is not that uncommon. However in talking to Christians I sometimes wonder if some imagine such an experience to kind of fit in with what others claim.

I accept that such experiences exist and that they have as much reality as anything else one experiences. I do question though that any particular religion holds the correct answer to these experiences.

People I think make a lot of assumptions as to the causes of these experiences because of their exposure to particular religions. Native Americans claim some sort of similar experiences and they certainly weren’t Christian.

No one except you can know what you experienced however, how you, or anyone else, views the cause of that experience depends a lot of who you are, what you’ve experienced and what idealism you’ve been exposed to.

Posted: 07 December 2010 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  4142
Joined  2008-08-14

Itothexo- fortunately for you, your “reality” is all that matters-to you. As long as your version of reality doesn’t start affecting other people in a harmful way.
Unfortunately whatever experiences you had that led you to this reality are physiological and were not caused by any divine intervention-no matter how much you think they were.
I don’t know what touches off these little epiphany’s in people, but they worry me. Only because I hope it never happens to me. I liken your experience, and your interpretation of it as a kind of quasi-mental breakdown.
Your only saving grace in this regard is that your experience is one that is relatively common. So is the ensuing interpretation. Therefore this “breakdown” of yours can be cloaked in the safe insulation of commonality.
Did you know that there are no such things as spirits? Really. You didn’t walk in a spirit world, and you didn’t see spirits.
As rude as it may seem to you, or as disconnected I may seem to your “experience”, I can boldly say you didn’t experience any spirits.
Because there are no spirits!! You don’t know what the heck you experienced…you just easily cast it off as a spiritual encounter…mainly because the universal power of suggestion has been ingrained in you and I since birth.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 07 December 2010 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5190
Joined  2010-06-16

A note to Gary and other members who’ve had that problem. About 3-5% of the time your message will just not show up and you’ll be left with a new balnk screen ready for a message.  It’s exrremely frustrating, but no one seems to know how to stop the program from doing that.  A solution is, when you’ve finished writing your message and before you submit, block it all off and hit Control-C that copies your message into your computer’s temporary storage (Wordpad).  Then hit Submit.  If it shows up all as well.  If it doesn’t, go to the new blank screen and hit Control-V.  That should re-enter your message.  Then you can hit Submit again. 

Whenever you see Wordpad below my screen name that’s what has happened.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 07 December 2010 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-21

VYAZMA - After reading your post I remembered when I was a kid walking to school, I blacked out and my mind was transported away from my body.  I clearly know remember me being in the sky and moving away from the earth.  I past the moon, then Saturn.  As i turned to look back I saw the solar system getting smaller and smaller.  I started to move faster and faster and what I thought were solar system were now galaxies.  when I came to,  I already at the school.  The voyage I took seamed to have been at least seconds although I walked about 5 minutes and even crossed a major street.  After that I started to sense future events.  I still perceive thing to this day.

Signature 

1 of 3