2 of 3
Has anyone experienced a spirit walk or able to see the spirt realm?  Do you believe it to be true?
Posted: 07 December 2010 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2010-04-22

One test to determine if such an experience is genuine is if it provides someone with new information.  That is, the events described provide data about something in the universe that exists and can be proven, yet the person was unaware of.  Conversely, if the mind made it up, there will also be ways of figuring that out.

I’m a skeptic.  I see someone describe an experience like you describe, Itothexo, and I do believe that you really experienced it.  But that is not the same as actually having it happen to your body or spirit; the mind can sometimes be very squirrely when it interprets data from our senses that it doesn’t immediately know what to make of.

I think it more likely that your brain tricked you than that you actually had an out-of-body experience.  Here’s a test: what did the solar system look like?  Was the spacing of the planets correct?  Was the scale correct?  From the vantage point of, for example, a certain Voyager spacecraft that is currently leaving the solar system, the Sun is merely a brighter than average star, and the planets are dim points of light, if they’re perceivable at all.  Did you get a good look at the Milky Way?  Astronomers have been making progress lately at mapping it, but that’s a particularly tough thing to do while being inside it.  I believe that it was only last year that they figured out that it had a central bar.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 08 December 2010 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07
ltothexo - 07 December 2010 07:20 PM

After that I started to sense future events.  I still perceive thing to this day.

Sense? What does that mean? The mind is always gathering information and often provides predictions on what possibly may happen in the future. People may subconsciously recognize certain patterns in current events which leads the mind to predict a possible future outcome. This prediction may often be right. However you may not be aware of all the subconscious going-ons which led to this image being presented to your conscious mind of some future event.

Science tries to predict the future, this is nothing supernatural just recognizing a pattern of events leads to a certain result. I’m just saying a person may do this subconsciously which makes it seem supernatural.

Posted: 08 December 2010 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03

has anyone experienced a spirit walk or able to see the spriti realm. do you believe it to be true.

No—- and no, not really true except in the Bill Clinton sense (it depends on the definition of the word “true”)

Posted: 08 December 2010 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2010-11-21

no one ever goes up on the roof of my town house complex and the day it happened,  I had a vision of a ladder and someone walking on top of me.  No recognizable patterns there.

Signature 

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to make philosophers convincing enough to make you believe there is no such thing as a soul.

Posted: 08 December 2010 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  7540
Joined  2007-03-02

Well, I’ve participated in a Sweat Lodge, but I did not have a vision.  It was a very nice and awesome experience, but no spirits, no vision, or anything else like that.  I was however, amazingly energized for a few days after it was over and felt really great. Guess I sweated out a lot of toxins.  LOL

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 08 December 2010 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29
ltothexo - 08 December 2010 08:02 PM

no one ever goes up on the roof of my town house complex and the day it happened,  I had a vision of a ladder and someone walking on top of me.  No recognizable patterns there.

And perhaps another day you had a vision of a cat being trapped in a tree in front of your house. But the vision (and tens of others) never came true, so you quickly forgot about it.

I still remember the day when my friend and I were talking about J.D. Salinger during our lunch only to find out when we came back to our office that Salinger was dead. These things happen to everybody, ltothexo. It’s called coincidence.

Posted: 08 December 2010 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-21

The only times it does happen is when it does.  I never get a (vision) that does not come true.  Nothing like you said George (tens of others).  Its only one.

Something that my wife said was that could be in the realm of possibility is that “These thing happen to those that are open and positive.  People that think too much or are negative could never experience such things”, could be because people like that are skeptics.

[ Edited: 08 December 2010 10:11 PM by ltothexo ]
 Signature 

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to make philosophers convincing enough to make you believe there is no such thing as a soul.

Posted: 08 December 2010 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-21
Mriana - 08 December 2010 09:23 PM

Well, I’ve participated in a Sweat Lodge, but I did not have a vision.  It was a very nice and awesome experience, but no spirits, no vision, or anything else like that.  I was however, amazingly energized for a few days after it was over and felt really great. Guess I sweated out a lot of toxins.  LOL

I wouldn’t mind doing something like that.  You not only sweat out toxins but you also center your self and all things that you once worried about does not seam as important.  Got to do it one day.

Signature 

Posted: 08 December 2010 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  7540
Joined  2007-03-02
ltothexo - 08 December 2010 10:13 PM
Mriana - 08 December 2010 09:23 PM

I wouldn’t mind doing something like that.  You not only sweat out toxins but you also center your self and all things that you once worried about does not seam as important.  Got to do it one day.

Well, I still worried about keeping a roof over my head.  Actually, I think you are stretching it a bit to say that one centers themselves during a sweat.  I mean, come on, you’re out in nature.  It is almost as awesome and vast as the universe.  There is more to a sweat than just sitting in a lodge.  A whole lot more.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 08 December 2010 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  7664
Joined  2008-04-11

You don’t even sweat out toxins, but it is very relaxing.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 December 2010 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
ltothexo - 08 December 2010 10:05 PM

The only times it does happen is when it does.  I never get a (vision) that does not come true.  Nothing like you said George (tens of others).  Its only one.

Something that my wife said was that could be in the realm of possibility is that “These thing happen to those that are open and positive.  People that think too much or are negative could never experience such things”, could be because people like that are skeptics.

I already told you it had happened to me too, when I was discussing Salinger with my friend—specifically Salinger’s long life, wondering if he was still alive—only to later find out that he just died. Where you see Jesus, I only see coincidence.

Posted: 09 December 2010 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-21

George because what you experienced was coincidence, whats to say that your friend didn’t experience clairvoyance.  For me it’s all in the way you look at things.  I could accept your truth then why can’t you accept mine?  Your brain is not processing thing that may happen and if it does were is it located scientifically?  How does it work?  Can it be reproduced?  Theories are proven and dis proven all the time.  The only fact that remains is that it has bean reported that this happens.  I have tried all types of things like Astro projection to Asto Voyage.  I have done these things through proper training and exercise.  It is possible because even in myth it is written.  Mostly everything written has a bases of truth.  Star Trek for example was fiction (myth) and is now something that may be possible.  Why can’t we then reverse the thinking What may have been possible before is not now.  Sometimes you can’t accept one thing without the other.  Outward thinking is what causes progress and that is why I’m not against theoretical physics.  Its backward thinking.  At one point in humanity we thought everything revolved around the earth.  We then said to ourselves why can’t it be that we are revolving (earth).  This came to mind well before it was proven.

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2010 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
ltothexo - 09 December 2010 08:58 AM

George because what you experienced was coincidence, whats to say that your friend didn’t experience clairvoyance.  For me it’s all in the way you look at things.  I could accept your truth then why can’t you accept mine?  Your brain is not processing thing that may happen and if it does were is it located scientifically?  How does it work?  Can it be reproduced?  Theories are proven and dis proven all the time.  The only fact that remains is that it has bean reported that this happens.  I have tried all types of things like Astro projection to Asto Voyage.  I have done these things through proper training and exercise.  It is possible because even in myth it is written.  Mostly everything written has a bases of truth.  Star Trek for example was fiction (myth) and is now something that may be possible.  Why can’t we then reverse the thinking What may have been possible before is not now.  Sometimes you can’t accept one thing without the other.  Outward thinking is what causes progress and that is why I’m not against theoretical physics.  Its backward thinking.  At one point in humanity we thought everything revolved around the earth.  We then said to ourselves why can’t it be that we are revolving (earth).  This came to mind well before it was proven.

ltothexo,

Sure, all kinds of ideas pop up in people’s heads all the time. This doesn’t, however, imply that all of those ideas have any basis in reality. I cannot accept your ladder dream as a vision because there is simply no evidence that “visions” are what you claim them to be. You had a dream about a ladder and after waking up you noticed somebody walking on your roof. So what? Where is the evidence that this was more than a mere coincidence? And, indeed, why should it be anything else than a coincidence? Because you say so? Because you wish it to be so?

And what does Start Trek have to do with any of this? Sure, our cell phones now resemble Kirk’s communicator, but no puppet will ever become a boy.

Posted: 09 December 2010 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-11-21

it wasn’t a dream it came to me minutes before it actually happened.

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2010 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Same thing.

2 of 3