2 of 2
Bus ADs
Posted: 18 June 2013 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2010-11-21

I’m in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and we had a recent issue with our buses when an atheist charged that the “Merry Christmas” and other religious related Christian holiday messages should stop being run on the front bus electronic labels that announce which buses and routes they are. He argued that it doesn’t represent all various religious groups equally and so should either be removed or represent them all. He lost his case but got the City Hall to have a meeting to regard the issue for the future. But all Councillors, being predominantly Christian (maybe all - I’m not certain), turned down the issue for any future concern. The signs stay.

Signature 

I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Posted: 18 June 2013 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2242
Joined  2012-10-27
nquint - 06 December 2010 05:15 PM

We do not want your athiest advertisements on our buses in Ontario.

Then stay off the buses.  Many more of us don’t want religious ads on buses or elsewhere.  What do you propose we do about it? You can do the same thing as long as it falls short of defacing signs or blowing things up—the usual religious remedy to anything they don’t like.

2 of 2

‹‹ Get on the bus      Bus ads to go National? ››