this forum is so quiet…
Posted: 11 September 2006 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-09-01

maybe it’s a good thing: skeptics generally have their feet planted on solid grounds instead of in the clouds, so naturally there aren’t much room for discussing facts. since facts are simply the case, end of story…

but really this forum is colder than buffalo in janurary. 

in the christian forum there are things like: .

guy A: rapture will happen at november 12, 2011 at 12:32 am EST sharp. because if you multiply the number of words in this and this passage you get a total of 1293012381023810238124183198982391 and you know how in hebrew numbers represent letters and if you use these numbers as letters, you get: king come 2010 blah blah..

guy B: that’s modern hebrew you idiot, according to ancient hebrew rapture’s gonna happen next 4 month, by the way, why EST? OBVIOUSLY the bible goes by jerusalem time..

guy C: there is that passage in mattew that says only the father knows the time

guy B: no no, you read it all wrong.  there is this passage in thessalonians that says it’s gonna happen when christ comes again, and revelation tells you how to look for the signs of when christ will come.

meanwhile in teh skeptics forum:

tumbleweed rolls by…

Posted: 12 September 2006 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15400
Joined  2006-02-14

Ah yes, but our pearls of wisdom over here are so much more valuable ...

:wink:

Please, if you feel things are quiet, go ahead and post something!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 12 September 2006 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  2005-06-28

Would you like some music added? lol Really though as people keep seem to be telling me, a thousand words that mean nothing are less than one word that says everything. Welp there went my word of wisdom for the day, hope your happy! smile

Signature 

Fighting the evil belief that there is a god(s).

Posted: 12 September 2006 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2006-09-12

I have found (I know I not the only one) that many people who write that thousand words have a lot to say about so little.

Paul

:D :D :D

A politician they should be.

Signature 

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein
Much worse than the Question not asked, is the Answer not Given. - mine
Never in the history of humankind, have so many, known so little, about so much.

Posted: 13 September 2006 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  975
Joined  2005-01-14

I post on a Christian forum sometimes, and I know what you mean.  It’s mind-boggling that they can still get worked up about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin!  You definitely notice a difference here.  In a thread I was on last week, we had a minor disagreement, but after each of us posted his (or her) opinion, we basically said, “Okay, I see where you’re coming from, but I see it this way.  Have a nice life, dude.”

On a Christian forum, each side would be compelled to “convert” the other, no matter how long it took!

Posted: 14 September 2006 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2005-06-28

Well my odds of winning a minor point on christiam forum are more likely, because the otherside cant covince me that i am wrong.  On many issues here I quit posting on a topic when I consider my way not intelligent.  Seem familiar, advocatus?

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2006 03:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2005-01-14

[quote author=“theatheistheretic”]Well my odds of winning a minor point on christiam forum are more likely, because the otherside cant covince me that i am wrong.  On many issues here I quit posting on a topic when I consider my way not intelligent.  Seem familiar, advocatus?

Hmmm…maybe…

As far as winning a point on a Christian forum, I don’t think I’ve ever done that, either, because they cannot bring themselves to admit that an atheist might be right about something!  The best I ever do is when they just kind of slink away to another topic.

Posted: 15 September 2006 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2005-06-28

The funniest thing I have ever done on a christian forum is pretend to be christian and confuse several different people about what their own bible says.

Signature 

Posted: 18 September 2006 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2005-01-14

That’s not so hard to do, even if you don’t pretend to be a Christian.  On a Christian forum, you’re likely to see several threads arguing what the Bible says about something.  They do it to themselves!

Posted: 18 September 2006 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15400
Joined  2006-02-14
[quote author=“advocatus”]That’s not so hard to do, even if you don’t pretend to be a Christian.  On a Christian forum, you’re likely to see several threads arguing what the Bible says about something.  They do it to themselves!

How could they fail to when the Bible is so demonstrably inconsistent ?

:wink:

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 18 September 2006 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2005-06-28

I convinced on person that the Harry Potter books were part of the bible so you tell me.  can you go farther?

Signature