1 of 5
Now that everyone Hates Obama
Posted: 08 December 2010 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07

I kind of like him more. Is that stupid?

I’ve hear news reports that the Democrats are pissed at Obama because of his recent compromise over extending tax cuts with Republicans.

I kind of like someone who is willing to set aside political party ideology to accomplish what they feel is a necessary goal. Unfortunately that means he probably won’t be re-elected.

I like a person who can who can think for themselves what is the best course of action without always having to worry about political ideology.

Posted: 08 December 2010 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

Obama was doomed from the start.  He’s the president.  Everyone ends up hating the president at some point.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 08 December 2010 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

The GOP started 2008 with one main objective—make sure Obama is not re-elected, and to be as divisive as they could get away with.
..I guess that’s two objectives…

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 December 2010 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2010-05-27

I love Obama!

Posted: 08 December 2010 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4405
Joined  2010-08-15

Can’t say I love him, he’s disappointed too much,
though asanta summed up the problem best

asanta - 08 December 2010 03:19 PM

The GOP started 2008 with one main objective—make sure Obama is not re-elected, and to be as divisive as they could get away with.
..I guess that’s two objectives…

Don’t know if anyone has a chance against that pack of wolves.

{typo}

[ Edited: 09 December 2010 01:15 PM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 08 December 2010 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

I don’t hate Obama.  Never have hated him.  However, I’m not very happy with him right now.  Would I vote for him again?  Well… he’s better than the friggin’ GOP.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 08 December 2010 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  4405
Joined  2010-08-15
Mriana - 08 December 2010 09:26 PM

I don’t hate Obama.  Never have hated him.  However, I’m not very happy with him right now.  Would I vote for him again?  Well… he’s better than the friggin’ GOP.

ditto   hmmm

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 08 December 2010 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
citizenschallenge.pm - 08 December 2010 09:59 PM
Mriana - 08 December 2010 09:26 PM

ditto   hmmm

Same here.. rolleyes

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 December 2010 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  1778
Joined  2007-10-22

You can blame the Pres.  or you can take a look at how congressmen are elected.  Byhaving their party allies in the various states draw electoral district lines that ensure tremendous advantages to the incumbents and to the party in power at the state level.  Safe districts=no compromise.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 09 December 2010 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-06-07

Really big surprise

What has he done bad?
Is it just the idea of compromising with the enemy?

Maybe the “new car” smell has worn off…

Not meaning to be rude, but there is a lot of hype in any political campaign. Eventually reality sets in along with disappointment.

I kind of hate politicians but I sometimes feel sorry for them because of all the expectation we place on them.

Posted: 09 December 2010 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

I never said he’s done anything bad.  He just has a problem with standing up to the GOP and alike.  Now, since this last election, they are in the majority or soon will be that is.  He’s screwed and it maybe a little late to stand up to the rats.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 09 December 2010 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20
asanta - 08 December 2010 03:19 PM

The Republicans may have done that, but to give them credit for Obama’s plummeting approval is wrong.  This is a classic case of Displacement.  The blame/credit lies squarely with President Obama. 

Besides, how can the “evolved leader” who is a “sort of god,” and who is “bigger than Kennedy,” and the “Platonic Philosopher King we’ve been looking for the past 2,400 years” and a “quantum leap in American consciousness,” who is “not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians,” and who is “a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century,” and who has the “capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind,” and who has achieved the “single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the [past] 232 years be defeated by the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, idiotic Republicans?  I thought Obama was smart - nay, brilliant beyond words and the Republicans were dumb? 

Here’s the truth:  Obama lied and ran as a moderate.  Once in office he resorted to his normal self and moved so far to the left that he made Mao Zedong look like a Bircher.

Bullshit can only get a person so far - especially an empty suit like Obama.  Obama used up all his bullshit during the campaign and now he is finding out that he can’t vote “present” on real problems and issues facing the nation.  Obama is not a leader.  He has never ran so much as a hot dog stand.  He is a far left loon presiding over a center-right nation who is upset at being lied to by a man who cannot string 2 words together without his ever-present teleprompter and who is pushing through crap that most Americans don’t want.  That’s why Obama’s numbers are down.  That’s why the Republicans took the House and increased their numbers in the Senate and in state Governorships. 

Obama is just as bad—if not worse—than Bush.  Only True Believers and Obama Kool-Aid Drinkers think otherwise.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 09 December 2010 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2007-02-17
Rocinante - 09 December 2010 10:44 AM

Here’s the truth:  Obama lied and ran as a moderate.  Once in office he resorted to his normal self and moved so far to the left that he made Mao Zedong look like a Bircher.

Obama ran as a centrist true, but that forced the Republicans to move even farther to the right, making Attila the Hun look like FDR.  Now Obama only “looks” like a lefty compared to the teabaggers/republicans.

The Rethuglican attack on the middle class over the last 30 years is finally coming to fruitation.  Next they’ll bring back the robber barons and using the power of the state to break up the coming labor riots so they can suck more out of the economy.  It’s amazing how the rethuglicans and their fundgelicals partners can convice the electoriate to vote against their own self interests.

Bullshit can only get a person so far -

Maybe you should take your own advice.  Repeating the teabagger/rethuglican talking points dosen’t help your cause.

Signature 

http://www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com

Posted: 09 December 2010 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2010-06-07
Mriana - 09 December 2010 10:34 AM

I never said he’s done anything bad.  He just has a problem with standing up to the GOP and alike.  Now, since this last election, they are in the majority or soon will be that is.  He’s screwed and it maybe a little late to stand up to the rats.

Republicans are not Rats, ok maybe some of them, though no more no less then some Democrats. They are just people.

One side tends to view the other by it’s extremes.

Obama let the wealthy keep their tax cuts along with everything else. So what?
Is it so God awful necessary to take more of their money?
Obama got a number of compromises that he wanted as well.

I’m assuming this recent issue is the “Bush tax cuts” which I believe Obama did promise to repeal.
And here’s a question, why didn’t he do this earlier before he had to make nice with the Republicans?

Posted: 09 December 2010 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20
Carbon based - 09 December 2010 11:08 AM

Bullshit can only get a person so far -

Maybe you should take your own advice.  Repeating the teabagger/rethuglican talking points dosen’t help your cause.

And resorting to ad hominems doesn’t help yours.  I notice you didn’t refute any of my points.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 09 December 2010 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Obama is just as bad—if not worse—than Bush.

Or maybe equally irrelevant. I think presidents make as much difference as do coaches in sports or conductors in music.

1 of 5