2 of 5
Now that everyone Hates Obama
Posted: 09 December 2010 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07
George - 09 December 2010 12:22 PM
Rocinante - 09 December 2010 10:44 AM

Obama is just as bad—if not worse—than Bush.

Or maybe equally irrelevant. I think presidents make as much difference as do coaches in sports or conductors in music.

I think you are right George. The President is one person in a very large organization. However people get really worked up over who’s “guy” is in office. I suspect there is a large political beast in the background that keeps any President’s hand’s tied or on a leash I guess.

The President is probably very limited in what he can actually affect. People expect too much.

Posted: 09 December 2010 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2007-02-17
Rocinante - 09 December 2010 12:11 PM
Carbon based - 09 December 2010 11:08 AM

Bullshit can only get a person so far -

Maybe you should take your own advice.  Repeating the teabagger/rethuglican talking points dosen’t help your cause.

And resorting to ad hominems doesn’t help yours.  I notice you didn’t refute any of my points.

What do you mean, I refuted your whole screed.

Signature 

http://www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com

Posted: 09 December 2010 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Only in your deluded mind.  grin

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 09 December 2010 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
Gnostikosis - 09 December 2010 11:34 AM

Obama let the wealthy keep their tax cuts along with everything else. So what?
Is it so God awful necessary to take more of their money?

To many on the left it is awful.  Formenting class warfare is an integral and disgusting part of the modern Democratic Party.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 09 December 2010 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15

Obama is just as bad—if not worse—than Bush.  Only True Believers and Obama Kool-Aid Drinkers think otherwise.

I can see you had lots of fun with post #11.
But, that last statement is off the wall ~ nothing compares with the Pandora’s Box that Bush (& Cheney & neocon corporate interests) unleashed with their diversionary war-of-choice in Iraq.  To say nothing of a whole raft of bad domestic decisions.  But, that’s what happens with tunnel-vision interests.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 09 December 2010 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
Rocinante - 09 December 2010 01:28 PM

To many on the left it is awful.  Formenting class warfare is an integral and disgusting part of the modern Democratic Party.

They why is it the evangelical right and the AGWHoaxer’s are the only ones constantly telling their believers “we are in a war”?

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 09 December 2010 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2007-02-17
Rocinante - 09 December 2010 01:21 PM

I see it didn’t take you long to abandon the high road.

The more right the Right moves the more left a centrist seems.  This is self evident.  But if you like I can get a blackboard out and go through a Glenn Beck-esque demonstration if that’s what it will take.  wink  I’ll even shed a few crocodile (or is that crocoduck) tears if it would help. smile

Signature 

http://www.drawingwithlight.smugmug.com

Posted: 09 December 2010 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
Carbon based - 09 December 2010 01:44 PM
Rocinante - 09 December 2010 01:21 PM

I see it didn’t take you long to abandon the high road.

It’s not an insult when it is true.

Carbon based - 09 December 2010 01:44 PM

The more right the Right moves the more left a centrist seems.  This is self evident.  But if you like I can get a blackboard out and go through a Glenn Beck-esque demonstration if that’s what it will take.  wink  I’ll even shed a few crocodile (or is that crocoduck) tears if it would help. smile

Let’s see, where should I begin:  I think gays should have the right to marry.  I strongly support the separation of church and state including opposing the idiotic “intelligent design” the radical right is trying to impose on captive schoolchildren; I think adults should be free to engage in any consensual sexual activity they see fit, from co-habitation to prostitution; I think adults should be free to ingest any substance into their bodies, from alcohol to tobacco to marijuana to cocaine; and I believe a woman has the right to choose….but because I refuse to drink the Obama Kool-Aid you call me part of the right.  That only shows how shallow your worldview truly is.

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 09 December 2010 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2007-06-20
citizenschallenge.pm - 09 December 2010 01:28 PM

Obama is just as bad—if not worse—than Bush.  Only True Believers and Obama Kool-Aid Drinkers think otherwise.

I can see you had lots of fun with post #11.
But, that last statement is off the wall ~ nothing compares with the Pandora’s Box that Bush (& Cheney & neocon corporate interests) unleashed with their diversionary war-of-choice in Iraq.  To say nothing of a whole raft of bad domestic decisions.  But, that’s what happens with tunnel-vision interests.

Let’s start with Iraq and Afghanistan:

Bush got Congressional approval for use of force in Afghanistan.
Bush got Congressional approval for use of force in Iraq.
Bush did not get Congressional approval for use of force in Pakistan
Obama increased attacks in Pakistan…still without Congressional approval.
Obama did not get Congressional approval for use of force in Yemen.

Speaking of Iraq, Obama promised to “remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.” 

Bush kept Blackwater in Iraq.
Obama kept Blackwater in Iraq.

Guantanamo did not close under Bush.
Guantanamo will not close under Obama.

Bush pushed for warrantless wiretapping.
Obama Administration wants to make it even easier to wiretap.

Bush opposes Gay Marriage.
Obama opposes Gay Marriage.

Highest unemployment under Bush: 7.2%
Current unemployment under Obama: 9.8%

Number of Golf Games Bush played in his 8 years as President: 24
Number of Golf Games Obama has played in just 2 years as President: 41

National Debt under Bush: $10.626 trillion
National Debt under Obama: $13.665 trillion

Days (all or part) Bush took vacation in 8 years: 77
Days (all or part) Obama took vacation in 2 years: 26

Number of peaceful Americans Bush referred to as “enemies” that need “punished: 0
Number of peaceful Americans Obama referred to as “enemies” that need “punished: Millions.

Bush started Faith-Based Initiatives.
Obama Expanded Faith Based Initiatives.

Bush went against his church on the Iraq War.
Obama marched in lock step with his church on the Iraq war - and everything else (I guess Obama let’s his church do his thinking for him.)

Speaking of religion, Obama has invoked Jesus more times in 2 years as President than Bush did in 8 years. 

Obama opposes lobbyists in the White House…except when they are his lobbyists in the White House.

Amount of money Obama got from BP:  $77,051 (largest ever of any politician.)

Speaking of BP, Bush handled Katrina better than Obama dealt with oil spill.

Bush better than Obama on AIDS in Africa

Some of Obama’s appointees:

“It should be clear by now that my focus here is not freedom of speech or the press.  This freedom is all too often an exaggeration. At the very least, blind references to freedom of speech or the press serve as a distraction from the critical examination of other communications policies.” [Emphasis added.]

—Mark Lloyd “Chief Diversity Officer” at the Federal Communications Commission

“[People in the administration of President George W. Bush] “may indeed have deliberately allowed 9/11 to happen, perhaps as a pretext for war.”

—Green Jobs “czar” Van Jones [His signature is on a 9/11 “Truth” petition from which the above was taken.]

John Holdren, the Science Czar in a book he co-authored in 1977 wrote that:

• Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies, whether they wanted to or not;
• The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation’s drinking water or in food;
• Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
• People who “contribute to social deterioration” (i.e. undesirables) “can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility”—in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
• A transnational “Planetary Regime” should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans’ lives—using an armed international police force.

Food Stamp Rolls Continue to Rise Under Obama

Signature 

—James Madison

Posted: 09 December 2010 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  1332
Joined  2010-06-07
Rocinante - 09 December 2010 01:28 PM
Gnostikosis - 09 December 2010 11:34 AM

Obama let the wealthy keep their tax cuts along with everything else. So what?
Is it so God awful necessary to take more of their money?

IDK I think it would be more beneficial instead of assigning motivations to Democrats to allow them to mount a reasonable argument why this is such an important issue.

Or at least important enough to take issue with his presidency. You know, what’s the philosophical ideology here?

Posted: 09 December 2010 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

Rocinante said:

Days (all or part) Bush took vacation in 8 years: 77
Days (all or part) Obama took vacation in 2 years: 26

9 to 10 days v 13 days/year.  I really don’t see much difference.  So what?

Number of peaceful Americans Bush referred to as “enemies” that need “punished: 0
Number of peaceful Americans Obama referred to as “enemies” that need “punished: Millions.

When did Bamy ever say that?

Lastly, this economic crisis started on the Shrub’s watch, not Bamy’s.  The GOPs started this mess and for some strange reason that is beyond me, people put the same people who started this mess right back in office again!  People seem to forget very quickly.  However, Bamy isn’t the one to blame for the economic crisis.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 09 December 2010 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

This is what Fact Check has to say about Presidential vacations: http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/
You also need to note that it says all or part of 26 days, so if the president picks up a 2 hour basketball game, it is considered part of that 26 days. The fact that he took all or part of these days tells you nothing about how much vacation time he actually took. Same with President Bush.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 December 2010 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

The right-wing should be happy with Obama, he is further to the right than Arlen Specter, than Dick Lugar, and many more GOP officials.

Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

Posted: 09 December 2010 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02

It is possible for one to be so far left that they end up on the right.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 10 December 2010 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22

Oh brother.

Why is it that when it comes to politics, some people have an even harder time arguing coherently than in religion?

Oh - I know.

Prejudice.

‘Right’ and ‘left’ are absurd labels, and as used today, highly divisive.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

2 of 5