7 of 7
I don’t believe in atheists
Posted: 26 January 2011 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2010-12-03
VYAZMA - 26 January 2011 05:46 PM

Basically I liked qutsemnie’s remarks. I don’t make your connection to modifying qutsemnie’s post.
You said you come to a different conclusion than qutsemnie’s remarks but I don’t see how-given what you stated.
I think the brain in the vat bit takes this discussion out of bounds for practical purposes. But that’s me. Please carry on.

qutsemnie said:

the only inevitable conclusion is that we know nothing of physical existence (or lack thereof) and only believe things exist.  But, this seems like an impractical statement.

I do not come to the conclusion that the statement is impractical, but rather that the question of physical existence is.  We can not know if a god exists, but so what?  The brain in a vat/soccer ball example was just to illustrate that.

Posted: 14 February 2011 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4404
Joined  2010-08-15

Wondering about spirituality

I rule out the existence of fairies without a second thought. I understand that there is no reason to believe fairies exist, within the boundaries of our understanding of the physical world. The same with dragons, leprechauns and Santa Claus.

How about the Woo of Fractals?

sorry, I was just doing some reviewing and couldn’t resist   wink

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 15 February 2011 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Total Posts:  6175
Joined  2009-02-26
citizenschallenge.pm - 14 February 2011 09:26 PM

I rule out the existence of fairies without a second thought. I understand that there is no reason to believe fairies exist, within the boundaries of our understanding of the physical world. The same with dragons, leprechauns and Santa Claus.

I resemble that remark….. mad

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 15 February 2011 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19
Write4U - 15 February 2011 12:26 AM

Didn’t you mean “resent”?

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 15 February 2011 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
The Traveler - 15 February 2011 06:42 AM
Write4U - 15 February 2011 12:26 AM

Didn’t you mean “resent”?

No, I’m pretty sure he meant “resemble”. Play on words/sarcastic humor.

[ Edited: 15 February 2011 08:44 AM by VYAZMA ]
 Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 15 February 2011 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Total Posts:  6175
Joined  2009-02-26

hehe…..cheese

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

7 of 7