Atheists! Start tying up your running shoes.
Posted: 03 January 2011 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01

Let’s play a game of Future Shock!

What will happen in the world of Atheism vs Religion in the future? Will Religions all die out, or will they find some way to survive in the world? Give your best prediction of how you think it will all go down.

Here’s my prediction. See if you can do better.

Title:Atheists! Start tying up your running shoes.

Over the next 50 years well see a great decline in Religion to point of near extinction (except for Yemen where it will always remains rampant). Well see a big boom in the world economy and finally the world will start to use logic and reason instead of blind religious ambition. We’ll reach a pinnacle of perfection in the year 2112 until our perfect economy pops causing great dismay across the land. The world stock will drop, jobs will be lost, people will starve and mankind will fall into a great depression. It is at this point where religion will start to shine once more. In a matter of months you’ll see churches popping up and prayer groups in the middle of streets. There will be protests and brutality that mankind hasn’t seen since the middle ages. It’s at this point where the Religious groups will literally step on each other to gain the upper had. We’ll see Religious wars for a good 30 years after that and then…..there will be peace. The clerics will have finally come together and joined their cause in the realization of the greatest evil that has been fueling the flames of hate for so many years. It’s those damn ATHEISTS who have been confusing us for 130 years. We must destroy them all before they corrupt the minds of our youths the way they have been doing for so many years! So for the next 5 years you’ll see Atheists being brought out, tortured, and killed for being possessed by the Demons. All the history (e)books will be deleted and everything we’ve built will be destroyed. Except for the Churches. Which will thrive for another GLORIOUS 1000 years before humanity could remotely get back on it’s feet again. *tear* It’s all so beautiful.

The End

Hey, what could you expect? I’m at work on a Monday at 12:45 am. My stories get a little twisted at the wee hours of the night. And before anyone starts to jump on me about this post, please understand that it’s not to be taken seriously. Feel free to critique my Shocking Future, but please post one of your own.

Posted: 03 January 2011 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

I say…start taking your valium again!! LOL!! What a horrid scenario. I suppose stuperstition and religion will wax and wane forever and ever….

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 January 2011 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
asanta - 03 January 2011 03:51 AM

I say…start taking your valium again!! LOL!! What a horrid scenario. I suppose stuperstition and religion will wax and wane forever and ever….

I’m disappointed in you Asanta. I figured you’d of all people would enjoy a good dystopia. We can’t always live our lives with flowers and sunshine. Sometimes a little gloominess can brighten a morning. smile

Posted: 03 January 2011 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28
asanta - 03 January 2011 03:51 AM

LOL!! What a horrid scenario. I suppose stuperstition and religion will wax and wane forever and ever….

Some parts of the world aren’t too far off the scenario already.  Remember Afghanistan under the Taliban government?

Posted: 03 January 2011 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5175
Joined  2010-06-16

OK, first, I think you had a typo.  You probably meant 2212 rather than next year (2112).

Nah, you’ve got it all wrong, E-M.  Global warming will cause major famine, reducing the world’s population greatly.  This will cause the disadvantaged to attack the more technologically advanced countries.  They’ll respond by accelerating their work on building computer controlled weaponry to the point that the computers will become more intelligent than humans,  Of course, to make the computers want to attack the enemy, the scientists will have to figure out how to build in programs for motivation.  At this point some computer will think, “what the hell do we need those self-centered, egotistical damned humans,” and in only a few years we’ll have a nicely functioning rational society of androids with either no humans or just a few kept in zoos for observation.

See, Asanta, wasn’t that better than E-M’s scenariio?  LOL

{Private joke for the old time members.  From the title of this thread, for a second I assumed D. Mabus had moved out of the General Discussion forum. LOL }

Occam

[ Edited: 03 January 2011 01:52 PM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 03 January 2011 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
Occam. - 03 January 2011 01:50 PM

OK, first, I think you had a typo.  You probably meant 2212 rather than next year (2112).

Nah, you’ve got it all wrong, E-M.  Global warming will cause major famine, reducing the world’s population greatly.  This will cause the disadvantaged to attack the more technologically advanced countries.  They’ll respond by accelerating their work on building computer controlled weaponry to the point that the computers will become more intelligent than humans,  Of course, to make the computers want to attack the enemy, the scientists will have to figure out how to build in programs for motivation.  At this point some computer will think, “what the hell do we need those self-centered, egotistical damned humans,” and in only a few years we’ll have a nicely functioning rational society of androids with either no humans or just a few kept in zoos for observation.

{Private joke for the old time members.  From the title of this thread, for a second I assumed D. Mabus had moved out of the General Discussion forum. LOL }

Occam

Hey I like the Terminator ending. I didn’t think of that one. Maybe add a few genetically mutated humans to the mix and I think we have something here. LOL

Posted: 03 January 2011 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam. - 03 January 2011 01:50 PM

Occam

Much better scenario!! And yes, it does look like a classic Mabus title. He has been rather frisky lately, but he has remained in the General Discussion forum instead of plastering his nonsense everywhere like he used to do! snake

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 07 January 2011 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2010-07-01

I really got to thinking about my dystopic scenario and realized that people completely missed the point of what I was saying. Yes, I would agree that it was a morbid scenario, but in some sense it actually makes sense. Even if religions die down to near extinction it will always hibernate like a virus. So long as the world runs smoothly in a world of Atheists, it won’t have much power in this world, but like all things throughout history. Mankind will fall on hard times. It’s bound to happen. Eventually things will spin out of control and people will fall back into their desperate states of mind. It’s at this point that you’ll start to see religious groups pop up claiming that by believing they’ll be saved and it only makes sense to me that these churches use Atheists to blame for the worlds problems. Which in turn would create a manhunt scenario. The next step would be to erratically all old information so that the churches could create new information. A universe in their eye of a God who’s been waiting for mankind to come back to him. I’m serious about this. Considering the nature of people and the way they’ve behaved up to this point, I don’t think my idea really is that far off.

Posted: 07 January 2011 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

I’m sure you are correct. When they have no control, people have a need to assign control to something, if not religion, then it will be superstition of another sort. Like spilling salt, or having the correct blood type, or born under the right star sign….something… People have incredible difficulty with the fact that despite your best intentions s*&t happens!

Signature 

‹‹ Science Saved my Soul      why i chosed ISlam ››