1 of 5
why i chosed ISlam
Posted: 05 January 2011 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-05

Main differences between Christianity & Islam best selling religion book in 2007

http://uploading.com/files/c242am38/islam+&+christianity.pdf/

If you want to know about Islam and the relation between Islam and Christianity.
you must read this book , it will let you know more about Islam ,Christianity
and the difference between them ...its an amzing book and this is a part of the book
introduction if you wanna take a look at it before downloading .

The Christian is brought up to believe that his religion is the only true one along
with judaism which is a preparation for Christianity & that all other religions
are false.Even if they find something in another religion resembling something
in their own , instead of feeling happy , they feel discouraged and hasten to
explain it away as due to Christian influnence.

The Muslim, believes in the divine origion of all the divine religions of the world
He declairs that God has raised prophets in every nation to guide the people to the
path of truth. A Muslim must believe in the prophets of all the divine religions.
He may feel sorry to see how Jews and Christians have in part forsaken and altered
the true teaching of Moses and Jesus.

Posted: 05 January 2011 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01
sarah alfred - 05 January 2011 05:49 AM

Main differences between Christianity & Islam best selling religion book in 2007

If you want to know about Islam and the relation between Islam and Christianity.
you must read this book , it will let you know more about Islam ,Christianity
and the difference between them ...its an amzing book and this is a part of the book
introduction if you wanna take a look at it before downloading .

The Christian is brought up to believe that his religion is the only true one along
with judaism which is a preparation for Christianity & that all other religions
are false.Even if they find something in another religion resembling something
in their own , instead of feeling happy , they feel discouraged and hasten to
explain it away as due to Christian influnence.

The Muslim, believes in the divine origion of all the divine religions of the world
He declairs that God has raised prophets in every nation to guide the people to the
path of truth. A Muslim must believe in the prophets of all the divine religions.
He may feel sorry to see how Jews and Christians have in part forsaken and altered
the true teaching of Moses and Jesus.

Muslims believe you get 70+ virgins after you die and your own planet. WTF are you going to do with all those virgins? Eventually in the span of eternity you’ll have had your way with all of them that they won’t be virgins anymore. Added to that, what the hell are you going to do with your own planet? Jupiter has a crushing weight and is a giant gas ball. Hopefully you don’t get this one. Or maybe you’ll get Venus where it can reach temperatures up to 800 degrees. I’d say it’s not a really well thought out religion. Can you seriously believe all this?

[ Edited: 05 January 2011 12:02 PM by ExMachina ]

Posted: 05 January 2011 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
ExMachina - 05 January 2011 11:54 AM

Muslims believe you get 70+ virgins after you die and your own planet. Does this sound normal to you?

The majority of Muslims don’t actually believe this. That obviously doesn’t make the rest of stuff they believe correct, but I thought this small caveat was important here.

Posted: 05 January 2011 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
George - 05 January 2011 12:00 PM
ExMachina - 05 January 2011 11:54 AM

Muslims believe you get 70+ virgins after you die and your own planet. Does this sound normal to you?

The majority of Muslims don’t actually believe this. That obviously doesn’t make the rest of stuff they believe correct, but I thought this small caveat was important here.

So do they just omit that part out of their beliefs regardless of the fact that it’s written in the Quran?

Here’s the sexy link on it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

Posted: 05 January 2011 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
ExMachina - 05 January 2011 12:06 PM

It also says this:

“Margaret Nydell states that mainstream Muslims regard this belief about 72 virgins in the same way that mainstream Christians regard the belief that after death they will be issued with wings and a harp, and walk on clouds.”

There are far less fanatics in Islam that you might want to believe.

Posted: 05 January 2011 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  6139
Joined  2006-12-20

So do they just omit that part out of their beliefs regardless of the fact that it’s written in the Quran?

Pretty much, of course!

Stephen

Posted: 05 January 2011 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
StephenLawrence - 05 January 2011 12:19 PM

Pretty much, of course!

Stephen

I guess that removes the perfection status of the quran that they seem to hold so dearly on.

Posted: 05 January 2011 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2010-12-25

Sarah , How about a nice introduction about yourself first ?

Posted: 05 January 2011 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08
George - 05 January 2011 12:13 PM

It also says this:

“Margaret Nydell states that mainstream Muslims regard this belief about 72 virgins in the same way that mainstream Christians regard the belief that after death they will be issued with wings and a harp, and walk on clouds.”

So they get to cherry pick what is absolutely true in the Qu’ran and the Bible? How have we gotten to far where so many don’t see a problem with that?

Posted: 05 January 2011 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-07-01
Kaizen - 05 January 2011 02:56 PM

It also says this:

So they get to cherry pick what is absolutely true in the Qu’ran and the Bible? How have we gotten to far where so many don’t see a problem with that?

I don’t think they think it’s cherry picking. When they don’t agree with what’s written in their Bible, they call a parable. rolleyes

Posted: 05 January 2011 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03

It also says this:

What do “mainstream”  Christians think happens after death?  What do “mainstream” Muslims think happens?

Posted: 05 January 2011 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

George, wouldn’t you say that you committed the critical thinking error of Tu Quo Que (you do it too) when, in answer to E-M’s criticism of some Islamic beliefs, you pointed out similar in Christian beliefs? 

While many intelligent, well read theists pick and choose from among the myriad things written in the bible and the quaran, many others who haven’t even read or thought about the crazy parts are sure that those books are completely and entirely true.  And a fair percent of this latter are willing to be led into acting on those false parts.  We may accept the more rational theists, but we do have to worry about the ones who aren’t rational.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 05 January 2011 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Occam. - 05 January 2011 05:48 PM

George, wouldn’t you say that you committed the critical thinking error of Tu Quo Que (you do it too) when, in answer to E-M’s criticism of some Islamic beliefs, you pointed out similar in Christian beliefs?

Sorry, Occam, I don’t understand your question.

Occam. - 05 January 2011 05:48 PM

And a fair percent of this latter are willing to be led into acting on those false parts.

How much is a “fair percent”? I have read a few books lately on this topic and I think I now have a pretty good idea (or certainly much clearer one than I used to) as to what role Islam plays in terrorism.

Would you be surprised if I told you that a mere one percent of madrasahs support jihad and the rest firmly oppose it? Did you know that none of the 9/11 terrorists nor the Madrid bombers attended madrasahs in their childhood (contrarily to what Dawkins might claim in The God Delusion)?

Every atheist (and more so an atheist who happens to be also a scientist like yourself, Occam) who is tempted to criticize the Muslims owes it to himself and to those he wishes to attack to investigate this issue properly. If you’d like, I can recommend a few books.

Posted: 06 January 2011 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

First, sorry George.  I should have gone back to the post I was responding to.  You didn’t say that; you were quoting Margaret Nydell who made that comparison.

Second, possibly I should have said “a small percent”, however, I didn’t say that they would all become terrorists, just that they would act on the false parts.  I tthink we can find many examples of religious people behaving irrationally, or at least inefficiently, based on false statements in their religious documents.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 06 January 2011 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

..the Kook in Oakland, CA for instance. He has been predicting the end of the world for about 30 years now. He is a well known Oakland kook. His dates go by, and the followers are invariably disappointed. He comes up with a reason and sets another date. I can’t figure out how he keeps his sheeple following him. The new difference is the internet. Now he has exposure and followers worldwide. May 21 will come and go, just as all of the other dates, and his sheeple will be breathlessly awaiting his next date. Go figure.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 06 January 2011 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  6055
Joined  2009-02-26
Phi- - 05 January 2011 12:43 PM

Sarah , How about a nice introduction about yourself first ?

Yes, Sarah, welcome to CFI. I admit my limited knowledge of Islam and the Qu’ran, so I look forward to your input. Don’t be discouraged by what may appear to be harsh criticism.

Phi, may I take this belated opportunity to also welcome you to CFI. I have enjoyed your contributions to the various discussions.

I should like to see what either of you feel is the most compelling reason for Islam to be a perfection of the Judeo/Christian religions and other theist philosophies.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

1 of 5