2 of 2
I had an epiphany yesterday!
Posted: 09 January 2011 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5996
Joined  2009-02-26

Who said that “critical thinking” does not allow for flights of fantasy…. smile

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 09 January 2011 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  775
Joined  2009-07-17
asanta - 09 January 2011 01:14 AM

I just don’t understand the ‘virgin’ attraction.  LOL

I’ve never understood this either. Why wouldn’t you want to be with an experienced partner? smile

Hell would have a great band too.

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 09 January 2011 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5996
Joined  2009-02-26
harry canyon - 09 January 2011 05:00 PM
asanta - 09 January 2011 01:14 AM

I just don’t understand the ‘virgin’ attraction.  LOL

I’ve never understood this either. Why wouldn’t you want to be with an experienced partner? smile

Hell would have a great band too.

Take care,

Derek

Perhaps fear of an unfavorable comparison to other lovers?

I have a perfect band in mind (complete with Harp): Andreas Vollenweider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sthjkqvCEbQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3nCkymyVHI
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=andreas+vollenweider&aq=f

[ Edited: 09 January 2011 05:35 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 09 January 2011 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29
harry canyon - 09 January 2011 05:00 PM

Why wouldn’t you want to be with an experienced partner? smile

Would you like the psychological explanation or the biological one?  smile

Posted: 06 June 2013 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
citizenschallenge.pm - 09 January 2011 01:01 PM
Write4U - 09 January 2011 12:18 AM
asanta - 08 January 2011 09:05 PM
Write4U - 08 January 2011 12:49 PM

p.s. Just realized I’ve been practising cannibalism (sacrilege) every morning….I’m going to hell!!!.... downer

You’ll be in lots of good company! The conversation will be scintillating!!

Hummm….would I have to choose between 72 naughty non-virgins or scintillating conversation?  “scratches head”... confused

Hell is sounding better all the time, for my money I bet the 72 naughty non-virgins are also capable of a lot of fun and scintillating conversation… I’m going to their hall… er hell.
Sure beats endlessly singing hallelujah… as for scintillating conversation up there forgetaboutit... now you got me thinking about it, I wonder if women have to wear chastity belts up there…  hmmmm
yup hell is looking better all the time
~ ~ ~

Oh I did see the star and crescent on the eaten muffin, but thought it was something Islamic, are you sure you’re not misinterpreting?

I understand that there was a recently discovered mis-translation in the Quran.  Our departed jihadists may be disappointed when entering paradise, to find that they get (not 72 virgins) but rather 72 Virginians. (cue: banjo music from Deliverance)

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 06 June 2013 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  3057
Joined  2011-08-15

Sorry to disappoint the faithful but the best translation of that sura is “72 white RAISONS of crystal clarity”. Man, what are all of those horny martyrs with perpetual erections going to do with a bunch of grapes? Blowing yourself up for box of dried fruit just don’t get it! So those inbred musicians don’t get a heavenly reward after all.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2002/jan/12/books.guardianreview5

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 06 June 2013 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Damn, I misspelled raisins! And I like raisins too but I’d like to have more than 72 when I die. Maybe it’s negotiable. What if I just contemplated blowing myself up? Would that count?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 06 June 2013 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

If the houri are actually raisins, how does that jive with Al-Suyuti’s descriptions: “Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising vaginas.”?

Raisins with vaginas and self regenerating hymens? Now that’s kinky!  Giggety giggety.

Somehow I get the feeling that Muslim women get the short end of the priapism stick in paradise.

[ Edited: 06 June 2013 10:08 AM by TimB ]
 Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 06 June 2013 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Somehow I get the feeling that Muslim women get the short end of the priapism stick in paradise.

[ Edited: 06 June 2013 10:08 AM by TimB ]

Ya think Tim? So why aren’t there 72 MALE raisins in paradise for the ladies chew on? Answer: because it’s a paternalistic society and men wrote the book. Women don’t need no edakashun ta stand by thur man! And were you being puny with the “priapism stick” comment?  LOL

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 06 June 2013 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 06 June 2013 11:50 AM

And were you being puny with the “priapism stick” comment?  LOL

Cap’t Jack

I like my “puny” attempts at humor to hit from as many angles as possible.

Signature 

2 of 2