2 of 2
Sexual Grooming and Pakistani Youths
Posted: 25 January 2011 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2011-01-01

If you are being raped, you can use lethal violence to stop that rape. Yes you may! Society, too, has this rational to consider the death penalty as punishment for rape once it has been commited. If it is ok to kill the rapist before the act, it is ok to kill the rapist after the act…

Should we rely on gad to stop rapeists? Did gad stop Ted Bundy? Or would gad have let Ted go on rapeing and murdering young women until he died of old age,,, and then,,,,? Should we then use anecdotal evidence of some gad’s commandments as a foundation for our ethic?

Remember the movie ‘The Green Mile’ with Tom Hanks? What if you were one of the two little girls going to be raped and murdered (and maybe watch your sister raped and murdered)... Who would you want to be in the motel room next door? A bhudist,, muslem, christian, or atheist? A bhudist? Not me… But… a christian/muslem would be bound by the old testament law to kill you the rape victim if you weren’t already dead… Pretty rough..  We would hope the atheist would behave morally correct… But they seem to revere the bhudists..

After watching your dear old Tibetan mother being beaten to death, and then your dad, and then your sisters raped and murdered, the correct moral response is not ‘to wait your turn’... Why did those 18 year old chinese assholes commit those crimes? Because they were being paid a dollar a day??? You can not muster the commitment to your life and community to try to stop imorality?

Is sex slavery rape?

As for deterrence, maybe if a non-removable tracking chip were placed inside anyone convicted of a felony/assault,, so that the police would know where they are always for the rest of most criminals’ lives….?.

[ Edited: 25 January 2011 12:41 AM by tirebiter4659 ]

Posted: 25 January 2011 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17
tirebiter4659 - 25 January 2011 12:31 AM

If you are being raped, you can use lethal violence to stop that rape. Yes you may! Society, too, has this rational to consider the death penalty as punishment for rape once it has been commited. If it is ok to kill the rapist before the act, it is ok to kill the rapist after the act…

Should we rely on gad to stop rapeists? Did gad stop Ted Bundy? Or would gad have let Ted go on rapeing and murdering young women until he died of old age,,, and then,,,,? Should we then use anecdotal evidence of some gad’s commandments as a foundation for our ethic?

Remember the movie ‘The Green Mile’ with Tom Hanks? What if you were one of the two little girls going to be raped and murdered (and maybe watch your sister raped and murdered)... Who would you want to be in the motel room next door? A bhudist,, muslem, christian, or atheist? A bhudist? Not me… But… a christian/muslem would be bound by the old testament law to kill you the rape victim if you weren’t already dead… Pretty rough..  We would hope the atheist would behave morally correct… But they seem to revere the bhudists..

After watching your dear old Tibetan mother being beaten to death, and then your dad, and then your sisters raped and murdered, the correct moral response is not ‘to wait your turn’... Why did those 18 year old chinese assholes commit those crimes? Because they were being paid a dollar a day??? You can not muster the commitment to your life and community to try to stop imorality?

Is sex slavery rape?

As for deterrence, maybe if a non-removable tracking chip were placed inside anyone convicted of a felony/assault,, so that the police would know where they are always for the rest of most criminals’ lives….?.

I am not sure what gad is? Do you mean god?

Yes, you can protect yourself from immediate bodily harm. But if you are raped, wait ten years, then murder your rapist, most people would not find that reasonable.

Yes, sex slavery is rape.

As for the Tibetan thing, that falls under the immediate threat scenario. I will point out that in such a case the more immediate threat is death, and that may be the case in any rape, and that for most assaults there is an expectation that a person will use reasonable force to prevent assault.

As for your tracking plan, I cannot fathom how so many people are so gung-ho to spend millions on punishment, and not prevention and early intervention. Does that make you feel in control? I think it’s a pretty fake idea of being in control, as it only happens after the fact.

You say society feels this way, but there are many, many people that don’t. I’m pretty sure we don’t have the consensus you are implying we do. And which society? I live in Canada. There is no death penalty, and to my knowledge, not even a large movement to start one.

It seems that you think that being an Atheist compels some sort of immediate and final solution towards anti-social behaviour, whereas most of the views expressed so far tend towards a less final and more measured reaction.

[ Edited: 25 January 2011 01:49 AM by Bees Mom ]
 Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 25 January 2011 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I remember when we lived in north Africa in the early ‘60s. Almost everyone around us was islamic. My mom didn’t drive, so she would take a bus whenever she had to go somewhere with us. Most of the drivers drove as if they were being chased by something lethal. I remember my mom yelling at a driver to “slow down, you’re going to kill us all!” to which the driver replied “Allah will save us”. My mother responded with “Slow down damn it, Allah won’t do shit for me!” I don’t remember whether he slowed down, but she did not face any recrimination for her ‘blasphemy’. I wonder what would happen to a woman in that conversation today?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 25 January 2011 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01
asanta - 25 January 2011 08:59 PM

I remember when we lived in north Africa in the early ‘60s. Almost everyone around us was islamic. My mom didn’t drive, so she would take a bus whenever she had to go somewhere with us. Most of the drivers drove as if they were being chased by something lethal. I remember my mom yelling at a driver to “slow down, you’re going to kill us all!” to which the driver replied “Allah will save us”. My mother responded with “Slow down damn it, Allah won’t do shit for me!” I don’t remember whether he slowed down, but she did not face any recrimination for her ‘blasphemy’. I wonder what would happen to a woman in that conversation today?

LOL For some reason reading this was almost watching a movie in my mind.

Interesting question. I don’t think their as inhibited to do what they want in North Africa as they are in the states.

Posted: 25 January 2011 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Great story. Asanta.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 25 January 2011 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17

A question I have is: Why would Allah give you a maniac driver only to have to save you from that very driver??

Religion makes no sense.

smile

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 25 January 2011 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Bees Mom - 25 January 2011 11:33 PM

A question I have is: Why would Allah give you a maniac driver only to have to save you from that very driver??

Religion makes no sense.

smile

Never thought about that, but in my memory, they all drove like they were running from demons!
Agreed, religion makes no sense at all!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 25 January 2011 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam. - 25 January 2011 10:45 PM

Great story. Asanta.  LOL

Occam

My mom was pretty spunky. We we were getting our passport picture, the agent looking over my mom’s application said, “you can’t possibly be 130 lbs!”, my mom drew up her 5’7” 100lb frame, and said “Young man, are you calling me a liar?” He was quick to say “NO, Ma’am!”, and her passport said 130lbs. My mom was very sensitive about her (lack of) weight! LOL  And this happened during the era of ‘Jim Crow’!

[ Edited: 26 January 2011 12:21 AM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2011 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2010-12-25

sure Allah will save you all, but the driver should have slowed down because Allah ordered us to consider the reasons for safety smile

nice story though ..

Posted: 27 January 2011 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03
Ifti - 23 January 2011 11:09 AM

If you look at my religion sex outside marriage, drink and drugs are all a sin and are forbidden. Also the third biggest sin in Islam is adultery, which these men also committed. They aren’t very good Muslims are they? The actions they committed are all against Islam and the punishment under Sharia would be….....I think you all know!!!

I really really doubt the solution to the problem is Sharia law.  It raises more problems than it solves.
This is like cat in the hat where he starts cleaning a small spot and only makes it worse…
0.jpg

2 of 2