New York Post article credits a psychic; anyone want to add a skeptical comment to the article’s reader feedback?
Posted: 26 January 2011 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2008-12-11

Psychic nailed it

By JOHN DOYLE
January 26, 2011
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/psychic_nailed_it_PDj2doZ77GAU7lSkikI3CO

A psychic eerily predicted where the victim of a suspected serial killer could be found—nine months before cops dug up the corpse and that of three other young women on a Long Island beach, police sources said.

In April, the clairvoyant, hired by the desperate family of Melissa Barthelemy, 24, of Buffalo, chillingly saw “her body buried in a shallow grave overlooking a body of water,” the police source said. The psychic also said “there was a ‘G’ in a sign nearby.”

Last month, cops unearthed the skeletons of the victims, missing call girls, each wrapped in burlap bags on Long Island’s Gilgo Beach. . . .

Posted: 26 January 2011 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1064
Joined  2007-06-20

My psychic abilities tell me who the cops are now going to suddenly take an interest in regarding this case.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 26 January 2011 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1064
Joined  2007-06-20

Oh wait!  I thought the psychic was dead-on accurate, and thus truly knew about the case.  Now I see it was the usual “near water” (try NOT being near water in our civilization!), one single letter here and there, shallow grave (as opposed to a 50-foot deep grave!) and other shotgun style guesses.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 26 January 2011 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

I’d be more impressed if she’d nailed the perpetrator.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…