2 of 11
Crop circles
Posted: 02 February 2011 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4298
Joined  2010-08-15

OK so what is the deal?

Perhaps just a bunch of country kids and young at heart, perhaps aided with a little Bud’nbud, and a whole lot of time on their hands and a whole lot of beautiful fields of grain or grass stretching out to the horizon, just’a beckoning: see me, I’m nature’s canvas… use me, use me.  And a whole lot of imagination and can~do.

186GreyWethersWiltshire14thJuly2009-WheatOH.jpg

[ Edited: 02 February 2011 02:54 PM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 02 February 2011 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  2416
Joined  2007-07-05
citizenschallenge.pm - 02 February 2011 02:52 PM

OK so what is the deal?

Perhaps just a bunch of country kids and young at heart, perhaps aided with a little Bud’nbud, and a whole lot of time on their hands and a whole lot of beautiful fields of grain or grass stretching out to the horizon, just’a beckoning: see me, I’m nature’s canvas… use me, use me.  And a whole lot of imagination and can~do.

I am afraid that is the problem with your theory.

galaxy.jpg

These things appear overnight but it is obvious some of them should take days to complete in broad daylight.  So how do people sneak in and do them in the dark?

One of the most interesting circles to appear in recent years appeared during early August this year at Milk Hill, Alton Barnes, Wiltshire that has been named ‘The Galaxy’. This particular circle comprised of more than 400 circles, perfectly aligned in a psychedelic swirl. The whole formation measured a mammoth 1500 feet across with the circles ranging in size from a few feet in diameter to more than 70 feet across! John Lundberg, who is a self-confessed crop circle hoaxer, said ‘If this formation was man-made, allowing for time to get into and out of the field under cover of darkness, the construction time should be around four hours.’

‘Given that there are 400 circles, some of which span 70ft, that would mean that one of these circles would need to be created every 30 seconds and that’s not even allowing time for the surveying, purely for flattening. This formation pushes the envelope, and that’s a massive understatement.’

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmiccrops.htm

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 02 February 2011 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14

These things appear overnight but it is obvious some of them should take days to complete in broad daylight.  So how do people sneak in and do them in the dark?

One of the most interesting circles to appear in recent years appeared during early August this year at Milk Hill, Alton Barnes, Wiltshire that has been named ‘The Galaxy’. This particular circle comprised of more than 400 circles, perfectly aligned in a psychedelic swirl. The whole formation measured a mammoth 1500 feet across with the circles ranging in size from a few feet in diameter to more than 70 feet across! John Lundberg, who is a self-confessed crop circle hoaxer, said ‘If this formation was man-made, allowing for time to get into and out of the field under cover of darkness, the construction time should be around four hours.’

‘Given that there are 400 circles, some of which span 70ft, that would mean that one of these circles would need to be created every 30 seconds and that’s not even allowing time for the surveying, purely for flattening. This formation pushes the envelope, and that’s a massive understatement.’

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmiccrops.htm

psik

1. Is there any proof this design is real? Does it in fact exist outside of the internet’s vast supply of fotos?
2. If it does in fact exist in a field, and the dimensions are correct:
a. Who said it was made overnight? Were there witnesses who saw it made in one night? Or should I say “appeared overnight”?
b. Who said this was made in one day? Were there witnesses who saw it made in approximately 24 hours?
c. Who said people snuck in to make it…is there evidence that says people “snuck in”?
d. Who witnessed the number of people who made the design? Could it have been 25-50 people? Who knows?
2. How does this formation push the envelope? It could obviously be done by humans, the only envelope being pushed is the pre-conceived notion that it was done by a few people, in the dark, in a short period of time, by people who “snuck in”.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 02 February 2011 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  4812
Joined  2007-10-05

Consider the source, Vyazma. The link Psikey provided goes to a British UFO conspiracy theory website.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 02 February 2011 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
DarronS - 02 February 2011 03:50 PM

Consider the source, Vyazma. The link Psikey provided goes to a British UFO conspiracy theory website.

Yes. I forgot to mention the other “pre-conceived” notion that pushes the envelope. That these circles were made by “ETs”.
And why would Psykey Hacker advance these notions in this Forum? I mean he has a right to, but he knows that this is not the ideal arena to advance such notions.
But the best part is this, watch this. Let’s see if he will even answer…

Psykey, do you think these crop circles were made by ETs?

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 02 February 2011 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

When people have amply demonstrated they are capable of making large intricate crop circle designs in no time at all with a few sticks, plywood boards, rope and a plan, why would you think ‘ET’ would fly millions of light years to the earth, to communicate with us by making crop circles?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 02 February 2011 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
psikeyhackr - 02 February 2011 03:06 PM

So how do people sneak in and do them in the dark?

I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Northern Europe in the summer, but it doesn’t get really dark until very late at night and the dark night doesn’t last too long. Plus, a moonlight should be more than sufficient to provide enough visibility to accomplish this stupid vandalism. Also, there are flashlights.

Posted: 02 February 2011 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  4298
Joined  2010-08-15

god I love this debate, so much more interesting and beautiful than UFOs.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 02 February 2011 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
George - 02 February 2011 06:22 PM
psikeyhackr - 02 February 2011 03:06 PM

So how do people sneak in and do them in the dark?

I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Northern Europe in the summer, but it doesn’t get really dark until very late at night and the dark night doesn’t last too long. Plus, a moonlight should be more than sufficient to provide enough visibility to accomplish this stupid vandalism. Also, there are flashlights.

I provided a picture of the Galaxy crop circle.  You can research it if you like.

Have you ever seen a picture of a partially completed crop circle that wasn’t finished in one night?  Have you seen many pictures of people making crop circles during the day?  The Galaxy crop circle appear in England.  Does that qualify as Northern Europe?

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 02 February 2011 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
psikeyhackr - 02 February 2011 10:14 PM

Have you ever seen a picture of a partially completed crop circle that wasn’t finished in one night?
psik

http://www.korncirkler.dk/cccorner/hoaxdetails.html

and here are instructions:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Crop-Circle

In CC’s example above, you can even see the board marks. Don’t you think an alien coming from thousands of light years away, would have a little better technology?

[ Edited: 02 February 2011 10:50 PM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 February 2011 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

The Galaxy crop circle appear in England.  Does that qualify as Northern Europe?

It matters little if England officially belongs to “Northern Europe.” The fact is that in summer one can still see at ten o’clock at night, by which time most farmers are already long asleep.

I can’t believe I am arguing with somebody who believes the crop circles are made by aliens.

Posted: 03 February 2011 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
George - 03 February 2011 07:43 AM

I can’t believe I am arguing with somebody who believes the crop circles are made by aliens.

Would you be so kind as to point out where I said crop circles were made by ALIENS?

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 03 February 2011 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  4812
Joined  2007-10-05
VYAZMA - 02 February 2011 04:14 PM

But the best part is this, watch this. Let’s see if he will even answer…

Psykey, do you think these crop circles were made by ETs?

Bingo!

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 03 February 2011 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
asanta - 02 February 2011 10:48 PM

Have you ever seen a picture of a partially completed crop circle that wasn’t finished in one night?
psik

http://www.korncirkler.dk/cccorner/hoaxdetails.html

and here are instructions:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Crop-Circle

In CC’s example above, you can even see the board marks. Don’t you think an alien coming from thousands of light years away, would have a little better technology?

Did you read the titel at the top of the page you linked to?

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 03 February 2011 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
DarronS - 02 February 2011 03:50 PM

If you search for information on crop circles what is going to turn up.

Are you saying crop circles do not exist at all?  Personally I have never seen one.

I have watched a video of people walking around in and talking about the Galaxy crop circle.  Until the Butterfly Man appeared it was the biggest.

There is also a video of a pilot who gives tours who claims that one appeared in broad daylight in less the 30 minutes.  He had flown back to refuel his plane over an area where there was no circle and it was there when he flew back.

So how may farmers have reported catching bunches of people with flashlights messing up their crops in the middle of the night?

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

2 of 11