3 of 11
Crop circles
Posted: 03 February 2011 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05

C’mon Psikey, tell us. What are you implying about crop circles?

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 03 February 2011 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
psikeyhackr - 03 February 2011 09:50 AM
George - 03 February 2011 07:43 AM

I can’t believe I am arguing with somebody who believes the crop circles are made by aliens.

Would you be so kind as to point out where I said crop circles were made by ALIENS?

psik

So who made them? There are only few options here: people, aliens, the wheat has acquired consciousness, or it is an accident. Which one is it?

Posted: 03 February 2011 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  2424
Joined  2007-07-05
George - 03 February 2011 10:59 AM
psikeyhackr - 03 February 2011 09:50 AM
George - 03 February 2011 07:43 AM

I can’t believe I am arguing with somebody who believes the crop circles are made by aliens.

Would you be so kind as to point out where I said crop circles were made by ALIENS?

psik

So who made them? There are only few options here: people, aliens, the wheat has acquired consciousness, or it is an accident. Which one is it?

I never said who made them.  I don’t pretend to know what I don’t know.

But the Galaxy crop circle looks awfully big and perfect.  If it was done over multiple days one would think the farmer would have noticed.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 03 February 2011 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
DarronS - 03 February 2011 10:58 AM

It is not my fault that you make inferences from what I said.  Don’t accuse me of implying something.  I don’t have any information available about them that you don’t have.  And I admit it is all second hand.

It is not my fault that you people do not maintain a category in your minds for things that are interesting but unknown or unexplained.  For you everything has to fit into a comfortably explained box even if it means ignoring rather peculiar anomalies.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 03 February 2011 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05

No problem Psikey. Since you have nothing to contribute I’ll just ignore you.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 03 February 2011 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Psik, there are enough mysteries in the universe we don’t yet understand, but the crop circles (or the 9/11 wink ) are not one of them.

Posted: 03 February 2011 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
psikeyhackr - 03 February 2011 11:38 AM

But the Galaxy crop circle looks awfully big and perfect.  If it was done over multiple days one would think the farmer would have noticed.

psik

Farmers actually invite artists into their fields to make the crop circles. It doesn’t damage the crop and it brings in extra money for them.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 03 February 2011 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
asanta - 03 February 2011 12:13 PM

psik

Farmers actually invite artists into their fields to make the crop circles. It doesn’t damage the crop and it brings in extra money for them.

So are there pictures comparing the crop circles of known origin versus those of questionable origin?  LINK

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 03 February 2011 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

psik

I have never thought of that. That actually seems like the most obvious explanation.

Posted: 03 February 2011 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
psikeyhackr - 03 February 2011 11:43 AM
DarronS - 03 February 2011 10:58 AM

It is not my fault that you make inferences from what I said.  Don’t accuse me of implying something.  I don’t have any information available about them that you don’t have.  And I admit it is all second hand.

It is not my fault that you people do not maintain a category in your minds for things that are interesting but unknown or unexplained.  For you everything has to fit into a comfortably explained box even if it means ignoring rather peculiar anomalies.

psik

But you did imply something-a few things…
That people snuck in to do them.
That they were done in the dark.
That they were done in about 24 hours.
Here is your quote:

These things appear overnight but it is obvious some of them should take days to complete in broad daylight.  So how do people sneak in and do them in the dark?

[ Edited: 03 February 2011 05:35 PM by VYAZMA ]
 Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 03 February 2011 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
psikeyhackr - 03 February 2011 12:18 PM

psik

So are there pictures comparing the crop circles of known origin versus those of questionable origin?  LINK

psik

Known as in the farmer invited the artist(s) in to do the work, or the artist(s) ‘went public’ on their art after completing it at their leisure?
Unknown as in the farmer denies inviting the artist into his field to complete the artwork (think about it, if the farmer denies inviting the artists in, it sounds sooo much more mysterious and s/he can charge more per view), but in fact he did and and the artist(s) completed the work at their leisure?
Unknown as in the farmer really doesn’t know who did it, but is taking advantage of it and charging entrance fees?
What exactly is questionable about the origins of the crop circles? That they only occur in English speaking countries, or those most familiar with English culture?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 04 February 2011 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

Holy crap!  Killer Moth is in on it too!

mothman_crop_450.jpg

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I’m pretty sure this was photoshopped.  The two antennae on the left side of the picture have a dark upper outline, and that wouldn’t show up when just knocking down wheat or similar plants.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 04 February 2011 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

You’re probably right.  My favorite is probably that jellyfish one CC posted.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 05 February 2011 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2006-11-27

I KNOW!! I KNOW!!!!  Genetically modified crops.  Corn has developed a hive type intelligence!  OH, WHAT CAN IT BE TRYING TO TELL US???  It is all Monsanto’s fault!

Signature 

If we’re not laughing, they’re winning.

3 of 11