6 of 11
Crop circles
Posted: 07 February 2011 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05
Occam. - 07 February 2011 11:45 AM

We recognize that crop circles are made by beings with a modicum of intelligence, but we have no evidence of who made them. 
We recognize that graffiti and bathroom scrawls are made by beings with a modicum of intelligence, but we have no evidence of who made them.
(Yes, some graffiti artists have been caught, and some humans who made crop circles have either been caught or confessed to them, so we can’t use that as a refutation.)

I don’t see that we can assume aliens for one and not aliens for the others. 

We have pretty good evidence of a bit over six billion humans on earth.  We have no evidence as yet of any aliens on earth, so it would seem reasonable to assume it’s far, far more likely that humans were responsible for crop circles, graffiti and bathroom scrawls.

Occam

And what has been the mathematical precision of the crop circles of known origins.

There is something quite peculiar about these crop circles relative to stuff we regard as graffiti.

galaxy.jpg

If I think something is weird I concede that I think it is weird.  I would like an explanation.  But I am not going to accept an explanation with holes so big that I can drive a Mack truck through them just because I want a nice sounding explanation.

If that means I have to say, “I DON’T KNOW” that’s too damn bad.  It does not bother me in the slightest.  It looks like a rather idiotic things for aliens to be doing to me.  Hey guys let’s travel 500 light years to diddle with the minds of silly humans.  YEAH RIGHT!

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 07 February 2011 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Do you know that has not been photoshopped?
(edit for spelling error)

[ Edited: 07 February 2011 06:35 PM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 07 February 2011 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Right on, Asanta.  I was going to ask the same question.  The problem is that when people see something that agrees with their own ideas, they avoid examining it critically and objectively.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 07 February 2011 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam. - 07 February 2011 07:12 PM

Right on, Asanta.  I was going to ask the same question.  The problem is that when people see something that agrees with their own ideas, they avoid examining it critically and objectively.

Occam

I’ve seen plenty of interviews with people (usually several young men) demonstrating how they make the circles. There really is no other reason for a ‘crop circle’ to appear other than as a prank. The simplest explanation (prank) is usually the best and most likely one. If a tree is downed in the forest, I don’t need an interview from the logger after each fall, to know that the loggers are doing the work, no matter how big the tree looks to me. I would never attribute the job to aliens, no matter how neatly or sloppily it was done, some loggers do neat work, some do sloppy work, and some are simply more skilled.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

How do you know it’s not aliens felling those trees, Asanta?  Huh?  Huh?

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14
psikeyhackr - 07 February 2011 12:02 PM
VYAZMA - 07 February 2011 11:26 AM

Are you serious?
Are you going to mince this down to this?

You can accuse me of mincing and I can accuse you of mincing.

I am not trying to dispute that EXPENSIVE GPS equipment can be extremely accurate.

But you are implying that these HYPOTHETICAL CROP CIRCLE ARTISTS that you don’t have a picture of creating a partially completed BIG CROP CIRCLE used GPS equipment to do it.  From what I have seen of cheap consumer GPS equipment if you give 20 different people 20 of the same make and model of GSP then if one is 5 feet off in one direction and another is 5 feet off in the opposite direction then you are going to get a bad crop circle.

But if I went out and bought a GPS for less than $200 I would consider a 5 foot error totally acceptable.  But any surveyor that lays out the foundation of a building and has a 5 foot error will probably be fired and deserve it.

You can call that mincing all you want.  I say you refuse to objectively evaluate the hypothesis you prefer to believe.

psik

No. You misunderstood me. I said a wide array of highly accurate GPS surveying equipment is available to the general public. As for surveying equipment in general even a wider array exists. All of which is commonplace and readily available.
All of which could be used to plot out these circles. In fact these types of equipment would be the preferred items to use in such a project.
So we can all agree now that GPS and other electronic and traditional methods for highly accurate surveying and plotting exist and could be obtained by anyone to use for all of their surveying and plotting needs.
Whew! Because I thought there for a minute Psikey that you were going to say that highly accurate surveying tools were on a danger list by the government and could only be obtained after getting special licences and spending thousands of dollars.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 08 February 2011 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Joined  2008-08-14

So Psikey what’s your theory on why the crop circles are there?
I mean the crop circles that nobody took claim for?
The ones you deem were impossible to make by humans…what’s your theory on those crop circles. Where did those crop circles come from?
Do you have any theories you would like to share with us?

Also what do you think about the crop circles that were purported to be made by aliens and were then found out to be made by humans?
Were you one of the people who had initially thought they were made by aliens?
And what kind of elaborate(very elaborate)invented reasoning did you come up with to explain all that away…
I’m guessing you’ll answer something like: “No I never doubted those circles were human made.” Because you’re a crop circle expert. “I only concentrate on the circles that are clearly of other-worldly phenomena or are not completely explainable.” And then on and on with some gobblygook concerning authentic circles versus hoaxes, and geometry and it’s relation to ancient wisdoms and alien codes.
But you won’t actually admit any of this.
You won’t admit that you thought the original circles were unexplainable and could possibly have been made by aliens.(can’t rule that out can we?)
I’m certain you thought that…what I want to know is how you adjusted your “mindset” after the human creators of those circles reveled themselves.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 08 February 2011 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Joined  2008-08-14

And don’t say you never mentioned aliens!
You provided at least 2 links that went directly to UFO and alien type mystic content.
You’re disingenuous, misleading, and obstructionist.

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2011 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05
VYAZMA - 08 February 2011 09:06 AM

And don’t say you never mentioned aliens!
You provided at least 2 links that went directly to UFO and alien type mystic content.
You’re disingenuous, misleading, and obstructionist.

I’ll say any damn thing I please.

I quoted something from a site that mentioned aliens.  SO WHAT!

Did the quote say anything about aliens?

I provided a picture from a site that mentioned aliens.  SO WHAT!

I never said a damn thing about aliens causing crop circles.  It is not my fault that on just about every controversial subject wacko morons that engage in dichotomy thinking take up opposite sides about things they can’t TRULY EXPLAIN and then mostly talk BULLSHIT rationalizations for what they PREFER TO BELIEVE.

Like its my fault that you can’t come up with a picture of HYPOTHETICAL CROP CIRCLE ARTISTS working on a partially completed gigantic crop circle that would require multiple days to complete even if cheap GPS devices were accurate enough.  LOL

But I’m OBSTRUCTIONIST because there are holes in your explanation. ROFLMAO

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 08 February 2011 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Total Posts:  4404
Joined  2010-08-15

Hey I saw this video of a ball of lightening flitting this way and that, over a wheat field.  The wheat just laid down under the spark, as though melted at the base, (even though you can’t melt cellulous).  Yet, presto jesto, the fire balls disappeared and a crop circle was left behind.

How’s that for evidence?

cool smirk

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 08 February 2011 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
citizenschallenge.pm - 08 February 2011 04:52 PM

Hey I saw this video of a ball of lightening flitting this way and that, over a wheat field.  The wheat just laid down under the spark, as though melted at the base, (even though you can’t melt cellulous).  Yet, presto jesto, the fire balls disappeared and a crop circle was left behind.

How’s that for evidence?

cool smirk

You mean ball lightning from outer space creates crop circles? shock

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Total Posts:  4404
Joined  2010-08-15

Well. . .  where else would it have come from?

Should have seen it, awesome dude

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 08 February 2011 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
citizenschallenge.pm - 08 February 2011 08:40 PM

Well. . .  where else would it have come from?

Should have seen it, awesome dude

Maybe they brought Obama with them (he isn’t really American, you know!)

Signature 

Posted: 09 February 2011 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Total Posts:  4580
Joined  2007-08-31

Psik is right. Aliens make crop circles. They also increased the mass of the concrete of WTC.

Oh no, correction:
It is impossible that humans can make high complex crop circles in one night. It is also impossible that WTC broke down so fast, given the amount of concrete used and the temperatures of burning fuel.

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 09 February 2011 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
GdB - 09 February 2011 02:54 AM

Psik is right. Aliens make crop circles. They also increased the mass of the concrete of WTC.

Oh no, correction:
It is impossible that humans can make high complex crop circles in one night. It is also impossible that WTC broke down so fast, given the amount of concrete used and the temperatures of burning fuel.

GdB

Yeah that’s the best logic in the world:
Humans can’t make complex, large crop circles in one night, therefore aliens made them.

Signature 

6 of 11