7 of 11
Crop circles
Posted: 09 February 2011 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2011-02-05
citizenschallenge.pm - 08 February 2011 04:52 PM

Hey I saw this video of a ball of lightening flitting this way and that, over a wheat field.  The wheat just laid down under the spark, as though melted at the base, (even though you can’t melt cellulous).  Yet, presto jesto, the fire balls disappeared and a crop circle was left behind.

How’s that for evidence?

cool smirk

Growing up in the Florida Coastal Plain, I always hoped that I would get to see ignis fatuus. Unfortunately I have never gotten the chance to witness this truly cool event.

Signature 

“Ah! How cheerfully we consign ourselves to Perdition!”
-Melville-

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”
-Pynchon-

Posted: 09 February 2011 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2373
Joined  2007-07-05
GdB - 09 February 2011 02:54 AM

Psik is right. Aliens make crop circles. They also increased the mass of the concrete of WTC.

Oh no, correction:
It is impossible that humans can make high complex crop circles in one night. It is also impossible that WTC broke down so fast, given the amount of concrete used and the temperatures of burning fuel.

GdB

So is this one of those site that penalizes you when you accuse people of being LIARS even when they demonstrate that that is what they are?

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 09 February 2011 11:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2011-02-05

Who lied?

You guys are the ones saying that humans did not make crop circles without providing any direct evidence of such a claim.

Signature 

“Ah! How cheerfully we consign ourselves to Perdition!”
-Melville-

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”
-Pynchon-

Posted: 09 February 2011 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Total Posts:  4441
Joined  2007-08-31
psikeyhackr - 09 February 2011 10:14 AM

So is this one of those site that penalizes you when you accuse people of being LIARS even when they demonstrate that that is what they are?

No, I am just a member making an ironic remark. In some situations irony can be a way to truth… But not in all, I am afraid.

GdB

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

Posted: 09 February 2011 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Hey I saw this video of a ball of lightening flitting this way and that, over a wheat field.  The wheat just laid down under the spark, as though melted at the base, (even though you can’t melt cellulous).  Yet, presto jesto, the fire balls disappeared and a crop circle was left behind.

How’s that for evidence?

cool smirk

Do you mean this video?  It’s a fake.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 09 February 2011 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Total Posts:  4413
Joined  2008-08-14

I’ll say any damn thing I please.

Yes, that’s obvious.

I quoted something from a site that mentioned aliens.  SO WHAT!

You are right with this on face value. But given your known penchant for conspiracies and your repeated attempts to shoot down everyone’s simple suggestions for possible ways to make these crop designs…

Did the quote say anything about aliens?

No, you never mention aliens directly…but you repeatedly imply that humans could not be the cause of some of the circles. And importantly, you continually refute everyones simple, logical, ideas on how these circles could be done.

I provided a picture from a site that mentioned aliens.  SO WHAT!

And then refuted everyone’s simple ideas on how crop circles can easily be made. Examples: people can’t afford, or don’t have access to simple surveying tools, crop circles can only be made at night time, crop circles are only made within 1 day, crop circles are done by small groups of clandestine operators, there is something peculiar about the designs of crop circles in comparison with graffiti, etc…

I never said a damn thing about aliens causing crop circles.  It is not my fault that on just about every controversial subject wacko morons that engage in dichotomy thinking take up opposite sides about things they can’t TRULY EXPLAIN and then mostly talk BULLSHIT rationalizations for what they PREFER TO BELIEVE.

Yup, and the whole time you never offer up any ideas of your own…only anecdotal gems like..“a plane flew over a field and it was empty, 30 minutes later it flew back over the same spot and a crop circle was there…” I paraphrased here, your actual quote is a page or two back!
You know, what else can I say…

Like its my fault that you can’t come up with a picture of HYPOTHETICAL CROP CIRCLE ARTISTS working on a partially completed gigantic crop circle that would require multiple days to complete even if cheap GPS devices were accurate enough.  LOL

OK, for your feeble benefit, let’s forget about GPS, let’s assume they’re using old laser surveying equipment from the 90s. Or just plain old line of site surveying equipment. Because in your world only poor people without technical skills and equipment could sneak around doing crop circles.
I mean it couldn’t be any of the thousands of people who own this type of equipment, know how to use it and like to make designs that baffle people.

But I’m OBSTRUCTIONIST because there are holes in your explanation. ROFLMAO

I didn’t give explanations, I gave suggestions on how the circles were made. But mostly I just shot holes in your veiled attempts at convincing people that these circles are too complex and mysterious to have been made by humans.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 09 February 2011 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Total Posts:  3985
Joined  2010-08-15
Rocinante - 09 February 2011 01:45 PM

How’s that for evidence?

cool smirk

Do you mean this video?  It’s a fake.

You mean it’s fake  cool mad
There outta be a law *% #@ %* giiir

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
VYAZMA - 09 February 2011 03:58 PM

No, you never mention aliens directly…but you repeatedly imply that humans could not be the cause of some of the circles. And importantly, you continually refute everyones simple, logical, ideas on how these circles could be done.

You people just DO NOT COMPREHEND the I don’t know state of mind.  I never IMPLIED ANYTHING.  You just choose to project stupidity on people that don’t accept your explanation.

You want me to make up another explanation?

I’ll give you one that isn’t aliens but still isn’t your flashlight equipped crop circle artists.  JUST REMEMBER I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS THE EXPLANATION.

There are people claiming there were advanced human civilizations on this planet before.  There is the Mu business and the Atlantis business and who knows ho many others.  So suppose there were hidden enclaves of such people with technology 5,000 years in advance of what we have now.  They have the problem of how to deal with a planet of billions of people many of whom believe in religions which would seem totally goofy to them being bombarded with idiotic crap from the media and on the verge of war when they aren’t actually at war.  So how do they try to influence the planetary nonsense without actually revealing themselves.  They would be greatly outnumbered and know there are thousands of nuclear weapons on the planet.

So they might have the technology to do this and make it appear magical from our perspective.

So there is another possibility.  How can I know there are not still other possible explanations that I never thought of.  Now the FACT OF THE MATTER IS that I DON’T KNOW.  I don’t claim to know.  I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING. 

So if you don’t have pictures of these crop circle artists and can’t explain how they could get that degree of precision with cheap GPS equipment then you don’t have an explanation either.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Total Posts:  4721
Joined  2007-10-05
psikeyhackr - 09 February 2011 07:10 PM

You people just DO NOT COMPREHEND the I don’t know state of mind.  I never IMPLIED ANYTHING.

psik

Bullshit. Pure, unadulterated, 100 percent bullshit. You rail against humans making crop circles, then claim you never imply anything. If I submitted what I think of you right now I would be kicked off these forums permanently.

Here is a simple suggestion. Take a stand or shut the frak up.

[ Edited: 09 February 2011 07:24 PM by DarronS ]
 Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29

There are people claiming there were advanced human civilizations on this planet before.  There is the Mu business and the Atlantis business and who knows ho many others.  So suppose there were hidden enclaves of such people with technology 5,000 years in advance of what we have now.  They have the problem of how to deal with a planet of billions of people many of whom believe in religions which would seem totally goofy to them being bombarded with idiotic crap from the media and on the verge of war when they aren’t actually at war.  So how do they try to influence the planetary nonsense without actually revealing themselves.  They would be greatly outnumbered and know there are thousands of nuclear weapons on the planet.

Okay, Hubbard, got it.  wink

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Joined  2007-07-05

You are right with this on face value. But given your known penchant for conspiracies and your repeated attempts to shoot down everyone’s simple suggestions for possible ways to make these crop designs…

As far as I am concerned this is just ANOTHER LIE.

I don’t give a damn about ANY CONSPIRACIES.

The Laws of Physics do not care about governments, religions, patriotism or the entire human race.

Now if you can build a self supporting structure, other than some house of cards crap, which can be completely collapsed by the fall of the top 15% or less of the structures height onto the lower portion of the structure from not more than double the structure’s height then I want to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT4BXIpdIdo

Until you can do that you can take your conspiracy rubbish and shove it

Grade school kids should have no trouble building that and testing it.  And Ryan Mackey explains the theory with his stupid design that he never actually built.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
George - 09 February 2011 07:19 PM

Okay, Hubbard, got it.  wink

I am not offering that as an explanation I am simply saying the ones offered are not the only possibility.

It is not my fault that you people can’t admit that you don’t know something and can pretend away the flaws in your explanation.  Where is there a picture of one of these partially completed giant high precision crop circles?  LOL

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Total Posts:  4721
Joined  2007-10-05

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING.

psik

Do you believe I believe you are an idiot?

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Total Posts:  7661
Joined  2008-04-11
DarronS - 09 February 2011 07:27 PM

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE ANYTHING.

psik

Do you believe I believe you are an idiot?

I rest my case, atheists can be just as irrational as godbots! Sometimes more irrational!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 10 February 2011 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Total Posts:  4441
Joined  2007-08-31
asanta - 09 February 2011 07:48 PM

I rest my case, atheists can be just as irrational as godbots! Sometimes more irrational!

Yep, there are many reasons why people are atheists. And not all are rational.

Maybe one should stress here that this is the Center for Inquiry, not the Atheist Center. Of course theism cannot stand serious rational inquiry. But inquiry is not yelling that god does not exist, or any equivalent of YELLING IN CAPITALS.

GDB!

Signature 

GdB

“The light is on, but there is nobody at home”

7 of 11