2 of 3
Predictions for 2011
Posted: 03 February 2011 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2011-01-01

I’ve read/heard that Learning english is harder than anything else (damn near) that we will learn in our lives… In a way it shows a leveling field regarding who is smarter than who,, in that we have all learned english there for we are all pretty much the same inteligence…

But,,, an update on my predictions,,,, as I have just rearranged my bedroom obstensively to get this way the hell overengineered ‘hang upsidedown’ machine alittle closer to the wall,,, we all know from Feng Shuey that as the Bhudha said “If you are unlucky now,, try rearrangeing your bedroom furniture”...

So good news everyone I will be winning the lottery soon and with the proceeds cure all the world’s ills.. kaloo kalaa..

A bit of ominous news though,, my model 1934 Ford flatbed rolled off the dresser/alter and crashed,,, it would have been much better if the ‘52’ Dodge had plunged…

Speaking of ‘altars’ how many here will ‘confess’ to haveing one??? I have upon mine billiard toys, toy trucks, bhudist stuff (my son the doctor,, what can I say),, sentimental daughter/nephew art,,, and most importantly of all photos of my grand parents, aunts, and uncles….

I’ve always wondered why isn’t Ancestor worship more popular? It really makes sense that your dead ancestors ‘know’ what’s up on the ‘other side’ and they would like to see you do well? Just because it doesn’t work certainly doesn’t differentiate it from any other religion.  With ancestor worship there is a good explanation for not working..  Your ancestors had much ‘harder’ lives than you and your praying for a cadilac just makes them laugh at what a ‘candy’ your are…

One other reservation,, I guess,, even though I moved my dresser/altar from the north wall of my bedroom to the south wall,,, I left my bed such that when I sleep my head is still towards the West,,,

[ Edited: 03 February 2011 02:02 PM by tirebiter4659 ]

Posted: 09 February 2011 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20
Rocinante - 02 February 2011 12:43 PM

A Congressman or Senator will resign under disgrace.

Booya! 

Rep. Chris Lee (R-N.Y.) resigned from the House Wednesday evening effective immediately, an announcement that came just hours after a Web site reported that the married congressman had sent a shirtless image of himself to a woman he met on Craigslist.

——

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 09 February 2011 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4746
Joined  2007-10-05

That didn’t take long.

I predict August in Texas will be hot and dry.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 09 February 2011 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  4053
Joined  2010-08-15
Rocinante - 09 February 2011 06:27 PM
Rocinante - 02 February 2011 12:43 PM

A Congressman or Senator will resign under disgrace.

Booya! 
Rep. Chris Lee (R-N.Y.) resigned from the House Wednesday evening effective immediately, an announcement that came just hours after a Web site reported that the married congressman had sent a shirtless image of himself to a woman he met on Craigslist.
——
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen!

What’s the deal with these people.  I came into this thinking gonna have some fun here, some teabag hick, just won election and went over the top.  But he’s a second term guy and from his websites, he doesn’t even seem that bad… for a Republican wink  Got a beautiful wife and son and important job and just to pecker it away like that.
Now I’m just feeling sad about it… but then… I guess our peckers lead most of us astray at one time or another.
Future.gif
At least he wasn’t soliciting little boys!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I predict there will be even uglier sex scandals in 2011

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25
DarronS - 09 February 2011 06:34 PM

My God!!  How can you claim to know what the weather is going to do in August when most weathermen can’t even predict what the weather is going to do a few days from now?

Posted: 09 February 2011 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
brightfut - 09 February 2011 07:20 PM

My God!!  How can you claim to know what the weather is going to do in August when most weathermen can’t even predict what the weather is going to do a few days from now?

Hell, this morning they couldn’t predict the weather 90 minutes out. The local forecasters said the rain would miss us, so I drove to class through an ice storm. I missed being involved in an accident by less than 1/4 mile. I turned off the main road one exit before the truck in front of me t-boned someone who slid through a stop sign.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Posted: 11 February 2011 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

I’m fascinated by people who obsess over the weather report.  It’s like a pastime for people like my dad.  They have to watch every single weather report to see what it’s going to be.  Just look outside you morons!  Is it raining?  No.  There you go.  Is it cold?  Step outside.  It’s not hard.  It makes even less sense in states like Michigan where the weather tends to be freaking schizophrenic.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 11 February 2011 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  1757
Joined  2007-10-22
brightfut - 09 February 2011 07:20 PM

In this area it is “a few minutes from now.”  hmmm

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 11 February 2011 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  1757
Joined  2007-10-22
Dead Monky - 11 February 2011 05:16 PM

I’m fascinated by people who obsess over the weather report.  It’s like a pastime for people like my dad.  They have to watch every single weather report to see what it’s going to be.  Just look outside you morons!  Is it raining?  No.  There you go.  Is it cold?  Step outside.  It’s not hard.  It makes even less sense in states like Michigan where the weather tends to be freaking schizophrenic.

That one of the problems with the weather stations in Buffalo, no windows.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 16 February 2011 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-02-16

I’d like to be positive.
Hopefuly, 2011 will be a good year for everyone in any parts of the world.
A year for good start in attaining world peace and prosperity.
choosehottubsdirect.com-steven barbarich

[ Edited: 20 February 2011 03:31 PM by jmssue ]

Posted: 16 February 2011 10:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2010-12-25

well one thing for sure is 2011 is the year where the Arab world will change ? people in Libya and Bahrain are protesting , Holy Crap

Posted: 16 February 2011 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

It’s spreading like a freaking plague.  Anybody know how many countries have or are experiencing this?  I can think of Sudan, Egypt, Jordan, Lybia, Iran, Bahrain, and Tunisia.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 16 February 2011 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25
Dead Monky - 16 February 2011 12:48 PM

It’s spreading like a freaking plague.  Anybody know how many countries have or are experiencing this?  I can think of Sudan, Egypt, Jordan, Lybia, Iran, Bahrain, and Tunisia.

It’ll be interesting to see how George Bush and his followers will try to connect the war in Iraq as a causal factor in any positive political changes in the Arab world.  I guess that is a prediction I am making that they will try to do that.

Posted: 16 February 2011 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  4053
Joined  2010-08-15

Hey, has anyone predicted we’re going to have some bitch’n Aurora Borealis’es this year yet?

I call it     cheese

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 17 February 2011 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2007-10-05
citizenschallenge.pm - 16 February 2011 09:57 PM

Hey, has anyone predicted we’re going to have some bitch’n Aurora Borealis’es this year yet?

I call it     cheese

Good call. With the Sun becoming more active this is quite likely.

Signature 

2 of 3

‹‹ Health Care?      Atheist Outreach ››