30 of 30
The NEW 4 Step Proof for God
Posted: 02 March 2011 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 436 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2010-08-01
The Traveler - 02 March 2011 04:08 PM

Actually, I’m not committed to any “side” of christianity. I’m not a christian at all, nor am I religious. What I was doing was mimicking your post, to show you how little contribution it makes to this discussion. In other words, I’m not the one who is “hearing voices”. That would be you, friend, remember?

Whynot: I don’t recall making any claims of “hearing voices” either. As to the contributory aspect, well, everyone’s entitled to their subjective opinions, I suppose.

Traveler: Forgive me for mistaking you as just another Charismatic Christian. You sounded just like one. So, are you ready to have a real discussion? Since you are saying that you are not even a “theist”, why don’t you start by giving an explanation of what you actually do believe, so we can communicate like adults?

Whynot: Actually, I didn’t see much of a discussion taking place. Since I’m not promoting any alleged 4 step program to God, I see no reason to carry the OP any further than its already deviated. However, if there’s something in particular you wish to discuss I’ll gladly participate. My position on the existence of gods is atheistic. I have no belief in their existence. Invented out of whole cloth by primitive man who, looking around at the complexity of his environment, and intuitively sensing the need for some type of foundation upon which to brand his own niche, made the reasonable assumption that such complexity necessitated a creator even more complex still…and proceeded, over time, to fashion himself one after his own idealistic image. I say reasonable in light of his absence of the science and tools needed to lead him in any other direction. We are still subject to making this same intuitive jump when discovering something complex or sophisticated…the assumption that it was created by something even more complex still. Yet nature has clearly demonstrated the propensity to process refine complex structures from simple and humble constituents.

[ Edited: 02 March 2011 07:13 PM by whynot ]

Posted: 03 March 2011 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 437 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19

Okay, I got it that you’re not a theist. What I was asking after that was what you actually believe. Unless you were playing around, you clearly mentioned in your intro post that “God told you” something. What “God” are you referring to? I’m a little confused to hear you start by saying “God told you” something, and then in your latest post say that you are “atheistic on the existence of gods”. Would you please clarify? Thanks!

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 03 March 2011 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 438 ]
Joined  2010-08-01
The Traveler - 03 March 2011 06:15 AM

Okay, I got it that you’re not a theist. What I was asking after that was what you actually believe. Unless you were playing around, you clearly mentioned in your intro post that “God told you” something. What “God” are you referring to? I’m a little confused to hear you start by saying “God told you” something, and then in your latest post say that you are “atheistic on the existence of gods”. Would you please clarify? Thanks!

Whynot: It’s called parody.

Posted: 03 March 2011 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 439 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19
whynot - 03 March 2011 06:26 AM

In other words, you are just wasting time when you could have easily said, “I was just joking”. -moves on to a more productive thread-

[ Edited: 03 March 2011 06:52 AM by Cloak ]
 Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 03 March 2011 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 440 ]
Joined  2010-08-01
The Traveler - 03 March 2011 06:29 AM
whynot - 03 March 2011 06:26 AM

In other words, you are just wasting time when you could have easily said, “I was just joking”. -moves on to a more productive thread-

Whynot: And your point being?

30 of 30