2 of 10
2,520 Days of the Tribulation Sept. 14, 2015 Feast of Trumpets to Aug. 7, 2022 Tisha B’Av According to the 2014/15 Total Lunar Tetrad
Posted: 07 February 2011 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2011-02-05

Or just make your temple right: spirit, soul and body (Heb. 4.12).

Signature 

Repent and give your life to Christ. Come to the cross as a helpless sinner and receive the Lord Jesus as Savior and so shall you be saved. 12 groups saw Jesus resurrected.

Posted: 07 February 2011 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3057
Joined  2010-04-26

I love crazy people!

So No, are you going to be giving away all your worldly goods any time soon?

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 07 February 2011 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08
Dead Monky - 07 February 2011 01:30 PM

I love crazy people!

There’s a group in Oakland that’s claiming the world’s gonna end in May this year. I’m going to “test their faith” and see if I can get some free cars, jewelry and furniture.

Posted: 07 February 2011 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2011-02-05
Kaizen - 07 February 2011 01:55 PM

I love crazy people!

There’s a group in Oakland that’s claiming the world’s gonna end in May this year. I’m going to “test their faith” and see if I can get some free cars, jewelry and furniture.

I heard this May is all the rave too because of Nibiru. Silly. They said that in 2003 too but it never happened then either.

Too bad they don’t have what we have a 1 in 70,000,000 chance of being wrong.

Signature 

Repent and give your life to Christ. Come to the cross as a helpless sinner and receive the Lord Jesus as Savior and so shall you be saved. 12 groups saw Jesus resurrected.

Posted: 07 February 2011 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2008-03-08
noselfwilling - 07 February 2011 01:57 PM

I love crazy people!

I heard this May is all the rave too because of Nibiru. Silly. They said that in 2003 too but it never happened then either.

Too bad they don’t have what we have a 1 in 70,000,000 chance of being wrong.

You should take your numbers to a local, disinterested party educated in probability theory. Find a local university and ask a professor to look over your claims. If your claims actually hold any weight and you sincerely believe you’re right, you’d have nothing to lose and could gain more people to spread the word.

Posted: 07 February 2011 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

He won’t do that.  He knows he’s right.  The voices in his head tell him so.

Signature 

Posted: 07 February 2011 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2008-03-08
Dead Monky - 07 February 2011 02:52 PM

He won’t do that.  He knows he’s right.  The voices in his head tell him so.

Well, he should think about it because if his claims are backed by a legitimate statistician or probability theorist, he could get a lot more attention and get more people behind him.

Posted: 07 February 2011 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2010-04-26

I don’t know about that.  Look how many people buy into the Nostradamus and 2012 crap.  All he needs to do is be vague, scary, and earnest and people will believe him.

Signature 

Posted: 07 February 2011 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  7593
Joined  2007-03-02

It’s solar mythology, not a literal account or prophesy, Nosebleed.  It is a a genre of literature called Apocalyptic literature and there are many such stories in this genre.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 07 February 2011 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I love crazy people!

It’s funny that there is a jeweler having a half off end of the world sale. If the world is coming to an end, why do you need jewels, and why would you need money?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 07 February 2011 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2008-03-08
asanta - 07 February 2011 09:04 PM

I love crazy people!

It’s funny that there is a jeweler having a half off end of the world sale. If the world is coming to an end, why do you need jewels, and why would you need money?

Where’s this jeweler again?

BTW Asanta, what part of Oakland are you in? I grew up on the east side. I stay in SF now.

Posted: 07 February 2011 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17

I love crazy people!

Diamonds are FOREVAH! I guess. I don’t wear jewelry.

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 07 February 2011 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
Kaizen - 07 February 2011 09:47 PM

I love crazy people!

BTW Asanta, what part of Oakland are you in? I grew up on the east side. I stay in SF now.

I was on the east side too. I graduated Castlemont HS (to give you an idea of where we lived). I now live in San Leandro….just moved a little east and a little south! I moved here from Alameda, I kept getting into clashes with the emergency philosophy of the fire chief there, he didn’t believe in the emergency trauma system for their citizens, and I didn’t believe in the Alameda Hospital, so I moved to San Leandro. San Francisco is a neat place to live. I love to attend the plays at the beautiful Orpheum Theater there, and avail myself of the many excellent restaurants. Have you made it to a Thursday Night at the Academy yet. They are a lot of fun—a bit cold, but fun. The park is a jewel too!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 07 February 2011 10:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2008-03-08
asanta - 07 February 2011 10:09 PM
Kaizen - 07 February 2011 09:47 PM

I love crazy people!

I was on the east side too. I graduated Castlemont HS (to give you an idea of where we lived). I now live in San Leandro….just moved a little east and a little south! I moved here from Alameda, I kept getting into clashes with the emergency philosophy of the fire chief there, he didn’t believe in the emergency trauma system for their citizens, and I didn’t believe in the Alameda Hospital, so I moved to San Leandro. San Francisco is a neat place to live. I love to attend the plays at the beautiful Orpheum Theater there, and avail myself of the many excellent restaurants. Have you made it to a Thursday Night at the Academy yet. They are a lot of fun—a bit cold, but fun. The park is a jewel too!

San Francisco is cool, but I do miss the East Bay weather. Well, most of my friends are there anyway, so I’m there frequently enough. SF on sunny days is certainly a nice place to be. I’ve actually been meaning to get try out the Thursday night thing over there. I’ve only gone there once with my niece (on the free day:)).

Posted: 08 February 2011 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Yes, we do have the warm weather side of the Bay. You’ll appreciate SF when the heat waves start this summer! LOL
You should take your niece to the Chabot Observatory for Friday or Saturday night Dinner a movie and the Universe. It’s great and you get to look through their telescopes; Rachel, Leah and I can’t remember the name of the newest one.

[ Edited: 08 February 2011 12:15 AM by asanta ]
 Signature 

2 of 10