3 of 10
2,520 Days of the Tribulation Sept. 14, 2015 Feast of Trumpets to Aug. 7, 2022 Tisha B’Av According to the 2014/15 Total Lunar Tetrad
Posted: 08 February 2011 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2011-02-05
noselfwilling - 07 February 2011 01:57 PM
Kaizen - 07 February 2011 01:55 PM
Dead Monky - 07 February 2011 01:30 PM

I love crazy people!

So No, are you going to be giving away all your worldly goods any time soon?

There’s a group in Oakland that’s claiming the world’s gonna end in May this year. I’m going to “test their faith” and see if I can get some free cars, jewelry and furniture.

I heard this May is all the rave too because of Nibiru. Silly. They said that in 2003 too but it never happened then either.

Too bad they don’t have what we have a 1 in 70,000,000 chance of being wrong.

Excellent point.

Signature 

Repent and give your life to Christ. Come to the cross as a helpless sinner and receive the Lord Jesus as Savior and so shall you be saved. 12 groups saw Jesus resurrected.

Posted: 08 February 2011 05:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7576
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 08 February 2011 12:12 AM

Yes, we do have the warm weather side of the Bay. You’ll appreciate SF when the heat waves start this summer! LOL
You should take your niece to the Chabot Observatory for Friday or Saturday night Dinner a movie and the Universe. It’s great and you get to look through their telescopes; Rachel, Leah and I can’t remember the name of the newest one.

I’m thinking about one day moving to Dublin CA.  I hear it’s nice- not too big, not too small and it’s connected to the BART system, so I wouldn’t have to drive on the highway or alike when I have to go to San Fran for anything.  I also hear the weather isn’t too cold in the winter and I didn’t hear the person complain about snow, except up in the mountains.  I think I could deal with that.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  3028
Joined  2010-04-26

Hahahaha!  Now he’s quoting himself to back up his own argument.  This guy is great.  It’s like having our very own drunk monkey to dance around and entertain us.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17
Dead Monky - 08 February 2011 08:00 AM

Hahahaha!  Now he’s quoting himself to back up his own argument.  This guy is great.  It’s like having our very own drunk monkey to dance around and entertain us.

I noticed that, too! Very funny.

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Crazy, isn’t it?

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
George - 08 February 2011 11:22 AM

Crazy, isn’t it?

Good point, George!  grin

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2011-01-17
George - 08 February 2011 11:23 AM
George - 08 February 2011 11:22 AM

Crazy, isn’t it?

Good point, George!  grin

Phew, you didn’t convince me before, but now that you’ve agreed with yourself, I TOTALLY get it! smile

Signature 

“You can tell me that it’s gospel but I know that it’s only church.”

Tom Waits

“I take a simple view of life. It is keep your eyes open and get on with it.”

Laurence Sterne

Posted: 08 February 2011 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Mriana - 08 February 2011 05:37 AM

Yes, we do have the warm weather side of the Bay. You’ll appreciate SF when the heat waves start this summer! LOL
You should take your niece to the Chabot Observatory for Friday or Saturday night Dinner a movie and the Universe. It’s great and you get to look through their telescopes; Rachel, Leah and I can’t remember the name of the newest one.

I’m thinking about one day moving to Dublin CA.  I hear it’s nice- not too big, not too small and it’s connected to the BART system, so I wouldn’t have to drive on the highway or alike when I have to go to San Fran for anything.  I also hear the weather isn’t too cold in the winter and I didn’t hear the person complain about snow, except up in the mountains.  I think I could deal with that.

The weather is wonderful. It gets hot in the summer, but here in the Bay Area, the saying is “If you don’t like the weather, drive a few miles in another direction”, our micro climates are really that small. Dublin is a GOP stronghold, as much of a stronghold as you can get in Dem CA! But they are not obnoxious about it. The “snow in the mountains” are 4 hours away, unless it snows on our 3500ft tall hill we call Mt Diablo, or in the Mts south of San Jose, an hour away.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 February 2011 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  776
Joined  2009-07-17
asanta - 08 February 2011 04:15 PM

The weather is wonderful. It gets hot in the summer, but here in the Bay Area, the saying is “If you don’t like the weather, drive a few miles in another direction”, our micro climates are really that small. Dublin is a GOP stronghold, as much of a stronghold as you can get in Dem CA! But they are not obnoxious about it. The “snow in the mountains” are 4 hours away, unless it snows on our 3500ft tall hill we call Mt Diablo, or in the Mts south of San Jose, an hour away.

One of the reasons my father gave for moving out to California: “If I want snow, I can drive to it.” smile

It sure does get hot over there! (I live in the next city south of Asanta.) It’s generally 15-20 degrees hotter on the other side of the hills.

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 08 February 2011 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

OK, I agree that the social and political atmosphere in the bay area is great, but the weather near the ocean in Southern California even better that the bay area’s.  And we also have major ranges in temperature available by just driving a few miles inland. 

If you don’t believe me, I can post this again.  (Love those who caught that.)

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 08 February 2011 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Joined  2009-07-17

My father-in-law lives down in Riverside. I hear more than enough about the heat to keep me up north. smile

Take care,

Derek

P.S. Seems like a successful thread jacking to me. wink

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 08 February 2011 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I agree.  I occasionally had to drive through Riverside in the summer.  It was those times that I had to say, “screw reducing CO2 emisions; I’m keeping the air conditioning on maximum.”

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 08 February 2011 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Joined  2009-07-17
Occam. - 08 February 2011 06:43 PM

I agree.  I occasionally had to drive through Riverside in the summer.  It was those times that I had to say, “screw reducing CO2 emisions; I’m keeping the air conditioning on maximum.”

Occam

LOL! I’m in complete agreement. Heck when it gets over 80 degrees I want AC. (I really don’t “do” hot weather very well.)

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2011 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
harry canyon - 08 February 2011 06:37 PM

My father-in-law lives down in Riverside. I hear more than enough about the heat to keep me up north. smile

Take care,

Derek

P.S. Seems like a successful thread jacking to me. wink

(that was the point. This is a big improvement!)

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 08 February 2011 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  475
Joined  2008-03-08

I actually moved out of Dublin last year. It’s a great place. It has the best weather in the Bay Area I think. I personally don’t mind if it gets to the 90s-100s in the Summer. Low crime, people are nice enough. Expensive real estate though. Well, not compared to San Francisco where I moved. I’m paying $50 more in rent for less than half the square footage.

3 of 10