2 of 3
Are you fat because you are a non-believer.
Posted: 10 February 2011 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-02-10
Bees Mom - 10 February 2011 12:31 PM
TheWhitePhoenix - 10 February 2011 12:24 PM

Im fat because I love fried food more than god.

And do you love your own, personal Cheeses?

LOL!! Indeed I Do. Especially Cheese N Rice

Signature 

Live….Love….Learn

Posted: 10 February 2011 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28
Phi- - 10 February 2011 10:54 AM

the website is not working .. ?

worked ok just now…

Posted: 10 February 2011 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I’ve noticed that at times the website program seems to run a bit slowly and if one clicks on two commands too fast it hangs up.  You may want to pause a second or two between clicks.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 11 February 2011 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2008-02-25

When I went to my last high school reunion (we were all in our early 40s), the only people who were NOT fat were the ones who had the Barney Fife body types.  Even a couple of them were fat.  Lots of them still smoking, too.

Posted: 12 February 2011 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  1765
Joined  2007-10-22

The human body was not desinged to sit behind a desk staring at a screen. LOL

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 12 February 2011 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2009-01-28

or on your knees in prayer either.

Posted: 12 February 2011 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

Oh someone mentioned cheeses…......Im off to buy grilled cheese fixin’s :D

There are preliminary studies indicating that individuals who reject Christianity in Western cultures have lower self-esteem than the Christian population.

I don’t want to offend anyone - but I think this might have more to do with arrogance. I’ve noticed that a majority of Christians have an almost arrogant attitude in regards to how they view themselves compared to others. Maybe It’s because they know that they will go to heaven and the rest of us wont? I dont know - it’s just personal experience. I was doing volunteer work with a bunch of girls who were all Christian, when they asked me about my faith and I told them I was atheist, they gave me some smug condescending comment and an “it’s ok - you still have time to accept jesus and save yourself” speech. It bothers me how they think they know something I dont - they might pity me for not believing - but I pity them for accepting all they have been taught without ever seeing proof, or questioning the things that do not fit the most logical explanation.

Questions, questions, questions - ask until it makes sense!

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 12 February 2011 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  1765
Joined  2007-10-22
missmac - 12 February 2011 01:56 PM

There are preliminary studies indicating that individuals who reject Christianity in Western cultures have lower self-esteem than the Christian population.

I don’t want to offend anyone - but I think this might have more to do with arrogance. I’ve noticed that a majority of Christians have an almost arrogant attitude in regards to how they view themselves compared to others. Maybe It’s because they know that they will go to heaven and the rest of us wont? I dont know - it’s just personal experience. I was doing volunteer work with a bunch of girls who were all Christian, when they asked me about my faith and I told them I was atheist, they gave me some smug condescending comment and an “it’s ok - you still have time to accept jesus and save yourself” speech. It bothers me how they think they know something I dont - they might pity me for not believing - but I pity them for accepting all they have been taught without ever seeing proof, or questioning the things that do not fit the most logical explanation.

Much depends on who did the study.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 12 February 2011 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

I think your conclusions about the study make much more sense that the one they derived, Missmac.

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  637
Joined  2010-07-01
garythehuman - 12 February 2011 11:13 AM

The human body was not desinged to sit behind a desk staring at a screen. LOL

surprised screen so bright…..

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

Ahhhh, lifestyles of the middle-class & cubicled

<3

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

And which are the three wise men (people) following the screen to the barn, E-M?  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 15 February 2011 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2009-01-28

I’d like to see the primary source for that.

Even if that were true, who’s to say that association might haved less to do with leaving the faith than with possible rejection from one’s social support network (e.g. church group, poss. family or friends, co-workers etc.).  Just because two things are correlated, doesn’t necessarily mean that one causes the other, or that they are even related.  Who knows, maybe low self-esteem causes people to reject religion.

Posted: 15 February 2011 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

I don’t want to offend anyone - but I think this might have more to do with arrogance. I’ve noticed that a majority of Christians have an almost arrogant attitude in regards to how they view themselves compared to others. Maybe It’s because they know that they will go to heaven and the rest of us wont? I dont know - it’s just personal experience.

Not to deny the whole arrogant Christian thing, but in my experience atheists, agnostics, and whatnot can be just as arrogant.  Often times more so.  I’ve known plenty of atheists and agnostics that were unbearable in their arrogance.  It seems to be a, “You stupid, ignorant putz!  Cast off your backward, Dark Ages stupidity and join me in knowledge!” thing.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 15 February 2011 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Posts:  2423
Joined  2007-09-03

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism
Denmark and especially Sweden have a large percentage of non-believers. —

But Wikipedia says the US is way ahead in the obesity marathon…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_the_United_States

2 of 3