3 of 3
Are you fat because you are a non-believer.
Posted: 15 February 2011 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26
missmac - 12 February 2011 01:56 PM

Oh someone mentioned cheeses…......Im off to buy grilled cheese fixin’s :D

There are preliminary studies indicating that individuals who reject Christianity in Western cultures have lower self-esteem than the Christian population.

I don’t want to offend anyone - but I think this might have more to do with arrogance. I’ve noticed that a majority of Christians have an almost arrogant attitude in regards to how they view themselves compared to others. Maybe It’s because they know that they will go to heaven and the rest of us wont? I dont know - it’s just personal experience. I was doing volunteer work with a bunch of girls who were all Christian, when they asked me about my faith and I told them I was atheist, they gave me some smug condescending comment and an “it’s ok - you still have time to accept jesus and save yourself” speech. It bothers me how they think they know something I dont - they might pity me for not believing - but I pity them for accepting all they have been taught without ever seeing proof, or questioning the things that do not fit the most logical explanation.

Questions, questions, questions - ask until it makes sense!

In addition, perhaps those individuals who reject christians do not possess the hubris of christians and look at reality with sober eyes.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 20 February 2011 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2011-02-13

Looks like we gotta start atheist pilgrimages in third world countries… Cure that hunger problem once and for all. =P

3 of 3