1 of 3
It’s not you…it’s my sign.
Posted: 11 February 2011 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2011-02-05

About 6 months ago, I met this woman in Boulder with whom I immediately hit it off. We are both avid climbers and mountaineers, have similar tastes in music and beer, and have similar cultural backgrounds. To me, our personalities seemed very in sync and complimentary, and after 5 or 6 dates/outings together, it seemed like something was really developing. Even our friends really got along.

One day we were sitting at The Southern Sun, drinking FYIPA on nitro when she asked me, “when’s your birthday?” When I told her, a sour look crossed her face, but when I asked her what was wrong, she waved it off and we continued talking and hanging out.

A couple of days later I called her, and she acted very standoffish, so I pressed her to tell me what was wrong.

“Well, it’s your sign.”

“Huh?”

“Your sign and my sign are wildly incompatible. We should be careful about even hanging out in groups, but it is especially dangerous to be around each other one on one. I’m really sorry.”

[ Edited: 11 February 2011 02:48 PM by The_Au_Mean ]
 Signature 

“Ah! How cheerfully we consign ourselves to Perdition!”
-Melville-

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”
-Pynchon-

Posted: 11 February 2011 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2009-01-28

Aaargh!

Posted: 11 February 2011 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

Now that just sucks.

My gf and I lucked out.  We’re actually compatible (thank God!)  I’m a fish-goat monster and she’s a male bovine.

astrology+www.motivationalpostersonline.blogspot.com.jpg

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 11 February 2011 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
The_Au_Mean - 11 February 2011 02:36 PM

“Your sign and my sign are wildly incompatible.”

That sucks, yet… who knows, you may have lucked out in the long run.

How is it they say: Take heart, it was meant to be.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 11 February 2011 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2010-10-09

OK here’s something for everyone to think about.

According to Chinese astrology, I was born in the Year of the Monkey. Monkeys, supposedly, get along well with other monkeys. Makes sense.

ALL THREE of the women I’ve had long term stable relationships with (15 years, 7 years, 21 years and counting) were also born in a Year of the Monkey.

None of us is Chinese.

According to Chinese astrology, it’s most unwise to have a relationship with someone whose year is directly opposite yours (i.e six years apart). In my case, Tiger.

In between the two most recent long-term relationships, I met a woman who was born in a Year of the Tiger. Our relationship was tumultuous, lasted less than two weeks, and ended with her spitting imprecations at me as she hustled me out of the door to her apartment.

She was Chinese.

Makes you think,doesn’t it?

TFS

Posted: 11 February 2011 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2011-02-05
citizenschallenge.pm - 11 February 2011 06:19 PM

That sucks, yet… who knows, you may have lucked out in the long run.

Yeah, that’s pretty much my conclusion. I don’t think I could have any type of realistic discourse with someone who took astrology so seriously. It wouldn’t have worked out anyway.

Signature 

“Ah! How cheerfully we consign ourselves to Perdition!”
-Melville-

“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”
-Pynchon-

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

If I had not thought astrology was totally irrational and useless, it was demonstrated very clearly when someone in a group commented that my sign was the only one that was completely compatible with a mate of the same sign.  My first wife and I were both the same sign . . .  vampire  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  137
Joined  2011-01-10

Wow, im so sorry to hear that.

It’s hard enough as it is to find someone that you are super compatible with to begin with.

I have something that you might be able to use as leverage smile

ZODIAC SIGNS SHIFTING:

Well it turns out that the Minnesota Planetarium Society’s member Parke Kunkle is responsible for this amendment. According to him the horoscope change 2011 was necessary because the Earth’s axis has shifted since the past 3000 years and due to which the Ophiuchus constellation has become a part of the zodiac signs. This addition would naturally cause this constellation to have its influence on the people born under its predominant month. This pretty much changes the way people once looked at themselves, the new horoscope primarily changes the basic traits of people from all the previous 12 zodiac signs.

New Zodiac Signs 2011

The zodiac signs changed 2011, the year has just begun and people have suddenly been displaced from their comfortable zodiac signs and are facing an identity crisis. All the zodiac signs have shifted up by one position. Now only time will tell if the zodiac signs changed is hoax or reality and the only ones who can tell us is the people who will be experiencing and dealing with these changes.

Capricorn : Jan 20 - Feb 16
Aquarius : Feb 16 - March 11
Pisces : March 11- April 18
Aries : April 18 - May 13
Taurus : May 13 - June 21
Gemini : June 21 - July 20
Cancer : July 20 - Aug 10
Leo : Aug 10 - Sept 16
Virgo : Sept 16 - Oct 30
Libra : Oct 30 - Nov 23
Scorpio : Nov 23 - Nov 29
Ophiuchus : Nov 29 - Dec 17
Sagittarius : Dec 17 - Jan 20

WEB PAGE HERE: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/horoscope-change2011.html

**my birthday is March 10th - Ive always been a Pisces, but now it appears I might be an Aquarius. Not that I believe in zodiac signs too much, but after reading the profile for Aquarius, I’d say it more closely describes me than the Pisces profile. I think because im 1 day before the next sign - that means im on the cusp and have traits of both signs. F.Y.I I believe the cusp is when you are within 3 days of the next star sign**

Call her now!!!!

Signature 

“Gods don’t kill people. People with Gods kill people.”

– David Viaene

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-10

If only to let her know that you actually ARE compatible, and she will never know what she’s missing.

lol

Signature 

– David Viaene

Posted: 12 February 2011 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

Wow, I’m 80 and still a virgin.  LOL

No chance, M-M.  I haven’t spoken to her in 34 years, she’s 4,000 miles away, and even our daughter (who’s 56) tries to avoid having anything to do with her. 

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 12 February 2011 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

You’re better off without her. Anyone who puts that much credence into astrology is not someone you’d get along with long term anyway. I have a lot of friends like that. and they have all learned not to bring up astrology when I tell them I am studying astronomy in college. A few made the mistake, and I held back nothing when explaining I am studying science, not pseudoscience. About the third one who asked “What is your sign?” after I told her I was studying astronomy got the message to the rest of the group. Don’t mess with the wanna-be scientist.

There are plenty of other women around. I met my wife when I was 29, and we’re still together 26 years later. Hang on and wait for the right person.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 13 February 2011 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

Just to clear up the above confusion:

I was married to the first one for 22 years. We had plenty of time to “communicate” and we both realized we weren’t missing anything and weren’t compatible.  We were the same sign but neither of us believed at all in astrology.  It was someone at a party who made the stupid statement to me. 

I’ve been married to my second wife for 32 years. 

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2011 01:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
missmac - 12 February 2011 04:22 PM

Call her now!!!!
If only to let her know that you actually ARE compatible, and she will never know what she’s missing.
lol

Should have guessed it from your avatar, you’re a hopeless romantic.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2011 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
citizenschallenge.pm - 13 February 2011 01:55 AM
missmac - 12 February 2011 04:22 PM

Call her now!!!!
lol

Should have guessed it from your avatar, you’re a hopeless romantic.

That’s okay..time will beat it out of her! tongue laugh

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 13 February 2011 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-01-10

Actually - im quite the opposite.

my suggestion to call her - was more so to rub it in her face and almost give her a taste of her own medicine. She chose to not pursue a seemingly amazing relationship over their zodiac signs - and now that the signs have shifted and they are probably compatible - I just wonder what she’d say now smile

**sorry all, im removing all this crap -just had a bad night, I apologize for the word-vomit**

[ Edited: 13 February 2011 07:39 PM by missmac ]
 Signature 

– David Viaene

Posted: 13 February 2011 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2010-08-15
missmac - 13 February 2011 09:17 AM

He even dropped the “L” word last week.

Oh, oh asanta, maybe I started this, but I’m backing out the back door, I’m thinking you ladies better handle this.

Signature 

1 of 3

‹‹ Crop circles      Parapsychology. ››