2 of 2
Do You BELIEVE?
Posted: 13 February 2011 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  66
Joined  2011-01-01

Wiki has a pretty good overview of the animal stuff. The organs and tissue removed are very selective and done with cuts that rival a surgeon.

If they are here, they had to get here at faster than light speeds and/or sum kind of dimension control…  Which to me implies that an entity can step outside this reality/space-time.  Again huge(?) regarding the possibility of an afterlife. Being able to manipulat space/time would damn near make you immortal?

So if they are hanging around here with this super advance technology and have been doing so for who knows how long (why not 4 thousand years?),,, if follows that they must be in some sense our masters/designers/overlords as it is certain that it is well withing their capabilities to throw a few asteroids at us and destroy us if they wanted to… They haven’t taken control of us overtly… Certainly they may have some kind of “hands off” star trek policy..

For now I’ll make the contention that they are stealing our culture (ZZ Top mostly). In a like manner it could also be that the “afterlife” is also stealing our culture because we are a font of creativity…

I think it is immoral for the space aliens not to help us?

I think it might be possible too that we might be just a few scientific breakthroughs away from knowing as much as they do… Rather than the universe being super sophisticated might not there be a ‘fractal’ dimension that, once figured out,, provides most of what’s needed to understand reality? Fractals are very cool.. Something akin to what Dawkins is saying,,, It would be more likely that the universe is simple in construction than complicated,,, especially for it to get started at all… Simple is relative,,, but the very first life forms developing from primordeal soup were pretty complex,,, but things start simple and become complexer,,, includeing the universe.

Fun stuff to think about…

[ Edited: 13 February 2011 01:41 PM by tirebiter4659 ]

Posted: 13 February 2011 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4616
Joined  2007-10-05

rolleyes

This stuff was mildly interesting when I was younger and less educated. We have been through this on other threads and I have neither the time nor the interest in debating the same points every few months. Check the archives and read some physics*. There aren’t any interstellar alien visitors mutilating our cattle and stealing our culture.

*The Physics of Star Trek is a good starting point.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 16 February 2011 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2005-01-14
tirebiter4659 - 12 February 2011 03:45 PM

I had a buddy who said he’d seen one flying straight over his head. He said it was amazing how quiet it was, and that it was neato how it was going through the clouds.  Not a long story,, certainly not much room for embellishment,, and I can’t see his gain from makeing the whole thing up..

Oh yeah, I saw a UFO just yesterday afternoon.  It looked exactly like a metallic disc floating very slowly across the sky, and it was amazing how quiet it was.  But I happened to have my binoculars with me and sure enough it turned out to be a commercial jetliner!  The afternoon sun was reflecting off the fusilage, but the angle was such that the wings weren’t visible until I saw it up close.  It was pretty, though.

Posted: 20 February 2011 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-02-20

I believe in the possibility of intelligent life on other planets, but perhaps ours was the only planet where things came together to sustain life as we know it.

I wonder sometimes if there were civilizations on this planet long ago that were destroyed, the environment being reduced back to only the elements we know today and the lower life forms that we evolved from. Perhaps it’s a cycle that will all start over again, and perhaps it’s one that has been repeated several times before, here and on other planets.

But I doubt that intelligent life from other planets will make contact with us in my lifetime, or that we will make contact with intelligent life on their home turf.

Posted: 21 February 2011 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2006-11-27

When I was growing up I had a little tiger cat, Gigi.  There was one part of chipmunk viscera she didn’t like.  You could tell she’d been snacking because you’d find this small pink clean organ left on the front steps.  I mean fur, paws, skull all gone, just this tiny bladder or gall bladder or something and the tail.  Having grown up with a pathologist father, who often took us to watch him dissect organs removed in surgery, I’d have to say that the cat was at least as surgically precise.  It never occurred to me to leap to the conclusion, until now, that Gigi was an alien.  Perhaps there were dozens of tailless chipmunk running around minus one kidney.  She may have been doing some kind of research too advanced for us to understand   smile .

Thanks for the link to the Tyson clip. It raises a lot of questions for me, but especially this:

If, (and I suppose it’s a big if), we’ve developed to a point where we can consciously influence evolution, that we now somehow exist outside of the structure of natural laws that have shaped us to this point, how do we make the next genetic step. I wonder what pressures in the natural world will influence us toward developing a brain that can intuit quantum mechanics.  If some one was born with a genetic anomaly that resulted in that capability why would he/she have any natural advantage, in our world as it exists now, over the offspring of some one who can be convinced the universe was created in six days by a sky daddy.  I know it’s completely unacceptable to talk about eugenics and gene manipulation, (at least in regard to our own species, at this time), so what others ways to develop genetically are there?

I wonder if intelligent life would often experience a bottleneck at about the point we’re at?  Quite clearly many of the instinctive, or intuitive, ways we function are not such great survival mechanisms once we’re smart enough to develop the hydrogen bomb, or even internal combustion.  Perhaps there are a lot more sentient life forms,with intelligence equivalent to ours, but very few super sentient life forms that could develop the technology for interstellar travel.  I’m not saying we can’t get past this point, but maybe our next development isn’t genetic, but some kind of techno-organic merge with computer technology.  Maybe, when and if we encounter an alien life form it will resemble a conscious Ipad more than a chimp and it’s organic genetic proclivities will be seen as a vestigial trait, kind of like our appendix.

Anyway, (in a weak attempt to get back on topic), I think there is likely to be “something” out there, but likely a long ways away.  Wherever it is, it’s proximity to earth may be a mixed blessing.  Anyway,I suspect if it can get from there to here it’s surgical technique would at least rival that of my cat, and it would have more pressing interests than a cows rectum.

Signature 

If we’re not laughing, they’re winning.

Posted: 02 March 2011 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-03-02

Yes, they are among us

Signature 

The Truth is Out There

Posted: 02 March 2011 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  5167
Joined  2010-06-16

Documentation, TTIOT?

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 02 March 2011 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  4616
Joined  2007-10-05
The Truth is Out There - 02 March 2011 04:16 PM

Yes, they are among us

I thought I smelled something funny. sick

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

2 of 2