Are you superstitious?
May 13, 2011
Meet Tom Flynn and PZ Myers at the 2011 Freethought Society Anti-Superstition Bash
Meet Tom Flynn, along with PZ Myers, at the Freethought Society (FS)‘s 2011 Anti-Superstition Bash on Friday, May 13, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM in the beautiful Corinthian Yacht Club on 300 West 2nd Street, Essington, PA (just minutes from the Philadelphia Airport). FS will host a “Friggatriskaidekaphobia Treatment Center,” which will be equipped to assist party attendees in getting over all their superstitions and starting the process of ending magical thinking. Enjoy food, dancing, drinking and camaraderie.
Get rid of your secret superstitions! Anti-superstition “nurses” and “doctors” will be on hand to cure you. Enjoy a DJ Dance Party featuring Ladder Limbo, Horoscope Trashing, Open-Your-Umbrellas, fast and slow dances, Mirror Breaking Ceremony, and more! Cash bar and free hors d’oeuvres, door prizes and free educational literature will be available!
The general admission (includes light fare) is $10 with $5 discounts available for students and seniors. Cash bar only. No BYOB. There is no charge for children under the age of 13. The Club is located at 300 West 2nd Street, Essington, PA 19029.
If you will be attending, please email tickets@FtSociety.org.
Top 13 Reasons to Attend the Bash
13. Can you think of a better way to spend your evening on Friday the Thirteenth?
12. Earn a “Clean Bill of Mental Health” certificate from a Friggatriskaidekaphobia Treatment Nurse or a Friggatriskaidekaphobia Doctor, with complimentary photos.
11. You could be the “lucky” person selected to break a mirror.
10. Earn a souvenir “Trash Your Horoscope” certificate.
9. Participate in a door prize raffle and book give-away.
8. Network with other Freethinkers and skeptics.
7. Dance all night long to the sounds of a DJ spinning anti-superstition-themed music.
6. Participate in games that will make you laugh out loud.
5. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres/light fare.
4. Toast your accomplishment at the cash bar.
3. Meet and party with special guests Tom Flynn and PZ Myers.
2. Purchase discounted anti-superstition books for your library.
1. This marks the 14th Anniversary of FS’s hosting an Anti-Superstition Party!
See www.friggatriskaidekaphobia.com for photos from past parties.
Note: To encourage people to not drink and drive, FS is providing the following hotel information (many more Essington area hotels can be found on the Internet). Volunteer designated drivers are available upon request.
Hotel Information: http://www.phl.org/hotels.html