SHB Announces Humor Contest
January 5, 2009
The Secular Humanist Bulletin , a publication of our affiliate, the Council for Secular Humanism , is running a humor contest, with the grand prize being a copy of The New Encyclopedia of Unbelief , signed by both Tom Flynn (the editor) and Richard Dawkins (who wrote the foreword.)
The rules for the contest are as follows:
- Only associate members of the Council for Secular Humanism (the Council) are eligible to enter the contest – but you may join at the time you submit your entry.
- No employee, or relative by blood or marriage, of the Center for Inquiry or its affiliates, including, but not limited to the Council, is eligible to enter the contest.
- All submissions become property of the Council to use, reproduce, or distribute as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
- By submitting an entry, the contestant warrants that the work is original and does not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. In addition, by submitting an entry, the contestant grants permission to the Council to use her or his name for publicity purposes, including, but not limited to, announcing the results of the contest.
- Submissions may not exceed 500 words.
- The decisions of the judges are final and nonreviewable.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law of good taste.