The Center for Inquiry in New York City's programming falls into two broad categories: intellectual and social.
Ongoing series include:
- "Science and Philosophy": a panel discussion series that pairs scientists and philosophers for conversations on philosophical concepts amenable to empirical study. Our current focus is the mind, and past topics include consciousness and free will.
- "Voices of Reason": a lecture series featuring authors and other intellectuals for talks on science, ethics, and religion.
- "Truth Uncorked": a salon-type event featuring local professors and others who discuss their ideas with a smaller audience. Wine and light fare is served.
- "Metacognitive Brunch": a volunteer-run, semi-monthly discussion group held in Kips Bay.
- "CFI-Harlem Discussion Group": a volunteer-led monthly discussion group that meets in Harlem.
- "Beyond Faith": a volunteer-run ex-Christian student support groupthat meets semi-monthly.
- "LGBTQ Humanists": a social group for CFI-NYC members who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, pansexual, queer, or trans*.
- "Cerebral Cinema": a volunteer-organized outing to the movies followed by drinks and discussion.
- "Muslimish": a volunteer-run support and discussion group for ex-Muslims and Muslims with doubts.
- "Humanist Culture Open Mic": volunteer-run monthly open mic for humanist musicians, writers, and performers.
- "Potluck in the Park": a monthly Spring and Summer potluck outdoors with members and their families.
- "Skeptics on the Mic": a late night event once a month with drinks and karaoke.
- "Active Humanism": community service projects around NYC.
- "Secular Asian Community": a community and safe space for secular Asian Americans, currently only meeting online.
- "CFI-NYC Social Justice Book Club": a monthly book club for those interested in the intersection of race, gender, sexuality, class, ability, and religion.
- Past programs include science scavenger hunts, solstice parties, walking historical tours, film screenings, magic acts, running groups, student discussion groups, and music shows.