Lobby Day with NARAL Pro-Choice NY!
Join CFI-NYC and NARAL Pro-Choice NY in Albany as we lobby local representatives in support of Governor Andrew Cuomo's Women's Equality Agenda!
Buses will leave from New York City the morning of the event. Upon arrival in Albany by 10am, attendees will participate in an opening session, lobby training, workshops and take part in meetings with their representatives. Lunch will be served, and Lobby Day will conclude by 5pm with a formal closing session.
Current time listed is an estimate. More information will be available soon.
You MUST register by May 6th by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number, and filling out a survey that we will send you.
The 10 points of the Women's Equality Agenda include:
- Protect a Woman’s Freedom of Choice by Ensuring that New York’s Abortion Law Reflects Federal Protections and Current Medical Practice
- Achieve Pay Equity
- Stop Sexual Harassment in All Workplaces
- Allow for the Recovery of Attorneys’ Fees in Employment and Credit and Lending Cases
- Strengthen Human Trafficking Laws
- End Family Status Discrimination
- Stop Source-of-Income Discrimination
- Stop Housing Discrimination for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Stop Pregnancy Discrimination Once and For All
- Protect Victims of Domestic Violence by Strengthening Order-of-Protection Laws
Click here to learn more about the Women's Equality Agenda.