Voices of Reason / Thomas Paine Memorial Lecture: Harvey J. Kaye
The 2008 annual Thomas Paine Memorial Lecture will be delivered by Harvey J. Kaye, author of Thomas Paine and the Promise of America (Hill and Wang) and Rosenberg Professor of Social Change and Development at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. Dr. Kaye, one of the most distinguished Paine scholars in the nation, will speak on Paine and America's Unfinished Revolution: The Struggle for Democracy Continues. What would Thomas Paine think about the restrictions on American civil liberties in the wake of 9/11? We'll talk about this and many other topics as relevant today as they were at the time of the American Revolution.
Register via Paypal
You may register for this lecture online via Paypal.
Other Lectures in this Series
- Oct. 24: Speaking Science 2.0 with Chris Mooney & Matthew C. Nisbet
- Jan. 16: Thomas Paine Memorial Lecture with Harvey J. Kaye (lecture only)
- Feb. 20: The Age of American Unreason with Susan Jacoby
- Mar. 19: The Battle for Reason in Years of Rage: 1968 and 2008 with Mark Kurlansky & Michael Kazi
- May 14: Bonus Event: Panel Discussion on the Presidential Primaries and their Impact on Issues of Importance to CFI Members