Darwin Day 2014 Right Around the Corner!
February 10, 2014
Darwin Day is just around the corner! Some of our campus affiliates already have activities planned:
- The University of Northern Iowa Freethinkers & Inquirers are hosting their sixth annual Darwin Week.
- The Campus Atheists, Skeptics, and Humanists at the University of Minnesota are hosting a special guest speaker to celebrate.
- Illini SSA is celebrating Darwin’s birthday with another annual Darwin Day event, including Evolutionary Jeopardy!
- The Purdue Non-Theists are hosting a Darwin Day Ask an Atheist event.
- The Gulf Coast State College CFI On Campus is hosting a variety of events starting next Monday, including a chalk-art contest and a video presentation and discussion with Natural Sciences professor Dr. John Foster.
Darwin Day offers student groups an opportunity to celebrate science and dispel some of the misinformation out there about evolution. Many groups around the world celebrate Darwin Day, so your group has a chance to capitalize on existing publicity and resources. You can find event ideas, related links, and free posters on the CFI On Campus Darwin Day Resources Page.
What is your group doing for Darwin Day? Let us know of your plans and we can help spread the word! Email email@example.com.
About the Author: Cody HashmanCody Hashman is a Campus and Community Organizer at the Center for Inquiry. He graduated from the University of Northern Iowa, with a degree in Psychology, where he was the co-founder and president of the UNI Freethinkers and Inquirers.
The Course of Reason is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CFI blog entries can be copied or distributed freely, provided:
- Credit is given to the Center for Inquiry and the individual blogger
- Either the entire entry is reproduced or an excerpt that is considered fair use
- The copying/distribution is for noncommercial purposes