Announcing the Darwin Week 2012 Lineup
January 23, 2012
It’s that time of year again! Darwin Week 2012 is quickly approaching, and with it comes the best lineup of speakers that we’ve ever brought to UNI! Darwin Week will take place February 13th through the 16th in the Maucker Union CME. We will have three faculty talks every day, followed by a keynote speaker at 7:00 pm, and an after-party at Beck’s for wings, burgers, and one-on-one with the keynotes.
Monday, February 13th: Skepticism
- Dr. Joe Nickell, world renowned skeptical investigator of the paranormal
Tuesday, February 14th: Sexuality
- Dr. Clint Kelly, Professor of Biology studying behavioral and evolutionary ecology at Iowa State University
Wednesday, February 15th: Diversity
- Jamila Bey, NPR Journalist and secular activist in the diverse atheist movement
Thursday, February 16th: Origins
- Dr. Lawrence Krauss, MIT educated theoretical physicist and professor of physics at Arizona State University
Stay tuned for more information, as well as info on how YOU can help out with the best student event on UNI’s campus (ever!). Check out DarwinWeek.com for more details.
CFI On Campus is a sponsor of this event. To see the original posting, visit Unifreethought.com.
Want to find out about other sponsored and featured events? View our events calendar!
About the Author: Michael DippoldMichael Dippold is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa studying economics. He also serves as the Director of Finance for the University of Northern Iowa Freethinkers & Inquirers, and loves almost everything about the atheist movement.
The Course of Reason is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CFI blog entries can be copied or distributed freely, provided:
- Credit is given to the Center for Inquiry and the individual blogger
- Either the entire entry is reproduced or an excerpt that is considered fair use
- The copying/distribution is for noncommercial purposes