OrygunGal
Posted: 31 May 2011 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-31

I’m new and trying out the forum.  I recently started attending the Myrtle Beach SC Humanists group.  There I was invited to visit and attend a luncheon discussion group called the Skeptics Forum in North Myrtle Beach SC.  We have been working through discussions on morality coming from science, without the religious overtones.  ORY

Posted: 31 May 2011 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, Ory.  Look through the humanism and religion forums.  I think you’ll find a fair number of good threads related to just the question of how morality, science, society, and religion are related, and the religious misuse and mis-defining of morality.  You can also find some worthwhile posts in the philoophy section, but you have to look hard because almost everything that starts out there gets warped into a long-winded determinism/free-will topic.

I’m looking forward to your ideas on this subject.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 June 2011 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7843
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Ory.  Glad to have you here.  Hope you find interesting material here and feel free to join the conversations.  :)

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

‹‹ Epistemics      The New Kid. ››