2 of 3
Looks like Trump really might be a Russian Obligate, where there’s smoke there’s often fire.
Posted: 23 May 2017 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2327
Joined  2016-12-24

Do they still laugh?

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/national-security-adviser-mcmaster-trump-s-revelations-russians-wholly-appropriate-n760136
National Security Adviser McMaster: Trump’s Revelations to Russians ‘Wholly Appropriate’
by ALI VITALI and KEN DILANIAN

McMaster said the president shared the information in “context of the conversation” with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, saying it was “wholly appropriate to that conversation” and “consistent with the routine sharing of information between the president and any leader with whom he’s engaged.”

McMaster would not confirm if that information was classified.

“I was in the room, the Secretary of State was in the room, as you know, the deputy adviser for national security, Dina Powell, and none of us felt in any way that conversation was inappropriate,” McMaster said.

During those conversations, Trump also disclosed the city in ISIS-held Syria from which that intelligence emanated, McMaster confirmed. ...

Two U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News that many people inside the U.S. intelligence community dispute McMaster’s characterization that Trump’s sharing of sensitive terrorism intelligence with the Russian foreign minister and the Russian ambassador was “appropriate.”

Normally, when the U.S. government wants to share intelligence with Russia, there is an elaborate vetting process, current and former officials told NBC News. Sometimes the reports are marked “REL Russia,” for “releasable Russia.”

Posted: 23 May 2017 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Here’s how how the dance goes,

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/national-security-adviser-mcmaster-trump-s-revelations-russians-wholly-appropriate-n760136
National Security Adviser McMaster: Trump’s Revelations to Russians ‘Wholly Appropriate’
by ALI VITALI and KEN DILANIAN

McMaster said the president shared the information in “context of the conversation” with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, saying it was “wholly appropriate to that conversation” and “consistent with the routine sharing of information between the president and any leader with whom he’s engaged.”

McMaster would not confirm if that information was classified.

“I was in the room, the Secretary of State was in the room, as you know, the deputy adviser for national security, Dina Powell, and none of us felt in any way that conversation was inappropriate,” McMaster said.

During those conversations, Trump also disclosed the city in ISIS-held Syria from which that intelligence emanated, McMaster confirmed. ...

Two U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News that many people inside the U.S. intelligence community dispute McMaster’s characterization that Trump’s sharing of sensitive terrorism intelligence with the Russian foreign minister and the Russian ambassador was “appropriate.”

Normally, when the U.S. government wants to share intelligence with Russia, there is an elaborate vetting process, current and former officials told NBC News. Sometimes the reports are marked “REL Russia,” for “releasable Russia.”

In the interview FreshAir interview last night, “Churchill, Orwell And The Fight Against Totalitarianism” with Tom Ricks, this was discussed.

... GROSS: Specifically, what are you referring to?

RICKS: I’m referring to after The Washington Post ran a story about a week ago saying that President Trump had blown an intelligence source in front of the Russians by talking about very secret intelligence on ISIS and about a very new thin bomb they had developed that could be put inside a laptop. And he had talked about the actual city where this information came from.McMaster got up and called the story false. And then the following day…

GROSS: He called the story that Trump had said this is false?

RICKS: Yeah. And then the next day, he got up, and he kind of quibbled on that a little bit. He said, well, he actually confirmed the facts of the story, but then said the premise of the story was false. I’d gone through the same situation with McMaster where I’d written a story about McMaster in Iraq in 2006 that put his unit in a very good light and him in a very good light about the work they had done in taking a new approach in fighting the war.

But there was one paragraph in it he disliked. He didn’t dispute the truth of it. He just disliked it, ...
http://www.npr.org/2017/05/22/529516184/churchill-orwell-and-the-fight-against-totalitarianism
May 22, 2017

Posted: 11 July 2017 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Hot off the press,

Russian Dirt on Clinton? ‘I Love It,’ Donald Trump Jr. Said
By JO BECKER, ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZO
JULY 11, 2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-russia-email-clinton.html?_r=0

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.
He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

... After being told that The Times was about to publish the content of the emails, instead of responding to a request for comment,
Donald Trump Jr. tweeted out images of them himself on Tuesday.

... The initial email outreach came from Rob Goldstone, a British-born former tabloid reporter and entertainment publicist who first met the future president when the Trump Organization was trying to do business in Russia.

In the June 3 email, Mr. Goldstone told Donald J. Trump Jr. that he was writing on behalf of a mutual friend, one of Russia’s biggest pop music stars, Emin Agalarov. Emin, who professionally uses his first name only, is the son of Aras Agalarov, a real estate tycoon sometimes called the “Donald Trump of Russia.”

Posted: 11 July 2017 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Plot thickens

An absolutely damning paragraph about Donald Trump Jr.‘s Russia meeting
CNN
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 12:26 PM ET, Tue July 11, 2017
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia-new-york-times/index.html

(CNN)This paragraph, from The New York Times’ latest scoop on a meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer, is completely and totally damning:

“Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.”

Remember that Don Jr. has changed his story since the Times reported a meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya on Saturday.

Version 1: The meeting was primarily about adoptions. Don Jr. didn’t mention anything about the election to the Times.

Version 2: The impetus for the meeting was the promise of negative information about Hillary Clinton. But Don Jr. said in a statement he didn’t know who it was he was meeting with.

So, even if he didn’t know the exact name or identity of the Russian lawyer he was to meet with, he knew—if he read his email—that whatever he was told in the meeting was part of a foreign government’s efforts to help choose its preferred candidate in the 2016 election.

Sit with that for a minute: The eldest son of the de facto Republican presidential nominee reportedly met with someone he knew was peddling information as part of a Russian government effort to elect his dad.

That’s stunning. There’s just no other word for it. (perhaps TREASON)

Posted: 11 July 2017 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Amazing, absolutely amazing but will it bother Mitch Mc one bit?

The ever-changing Russia stories of the two Donald Trumps
CNN
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
July 10, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/10/politics/donald-trump-russia/index.html

Check out the emails

Donald Trump Jr. releases email chain on his Russian meeting

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
July 11, 2017
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/politics/trump-jr-russia-lawyer-emails/index.html

“The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. …”

Posted: 30 March 2018 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

O dear how the time flies.
I was looking for a place to park this and Russian Obligate President seems as good as any.

During the campaign, Paul Manafort was talking to a man tied to Russian spying.
By Zachary .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  Mar 29, 2018,
https://www.vox.com/2018/3/29/17177948/konstantin-kilimnik-manafort-mueller-trump-russia-intelligence

Kilimnik and Manafort also exchanged a series of emails during the 2016 presidential campaign about helping a Russian billionaire.
The two used code words, but investigators believe Manafort was offering to provide “private briefings” to Oleg Deripaska. Deripaska is reportedly very close with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Kilimnik, born in Ukraine, previously served in the Russian Army as a linguist.
According to Politico he had told a “previous employer of a background with Russian intelligence.”

The Mueller link between Kilimnik and Russian intelligence comes from court documents filed in the case of a lawyer who worked with Manafort and Rick Gates.

The lawyer, Alex Van der Zwaan, pleaded guilty to lying to investigators in February.
Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team had interviewed Van der Zwaan about his work in the early 2010’s with Manafort and Gates,
Manafort’s long-time right hand man. ...

Here’s what we know about Donald Trump’s ties to Russia

BY DENIS SLATTERY AND JASON SILVERSTEIN
first published July 12th - last update March 5th
http://interactive.nydailynews.com/project/donald-trump-ties-russia-key-players/

This one is fascinating, it’s reminiscent of the decks of cards with most wanted faces,
But, this is who we handed our government over to.  :roll:  :down:

Posted: 30 March 2018 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  4523
Joined  2009-10-21
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 30 March 2018 04:41 PM

I was looking for a place to park this and Russian Obligate President seems as good as any.

What do you make of this disclosure from Mueller? He has been awfully tight with his information. Is he trying to signal that he is getting close? Or is he tired of hearing Trump say “no collusion”?

Posted: 30 March 2018 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  614
Joined  2016-10-10
Lausten - 30 March 2018 05:45 PM

What do you make of this disclosure from Mueller? He has been awfully tight with his information. Is he trying to signal that he is getting close? Or is he tired of hearing Trump say “no collusion”?

Mueller is probably wondering how he can get out of this nonsensical investigation without looking like the FBI has wasted tons of taxpayer money. Much like last month’s useless indictment of 13 Russians—this meeting between Manafort and a former Russian intel officer is a legal dead end—a cosmetic move. Damage control is necessary for the bureau right now.

Posted: 31 March 2018 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Seems to me, you wouldn’t have the first clue of how Mueller’s legal mind works.
(https://www.biography.com/people/robert-mueller-241110)
Any better than you know how serious scientists’ minds work.

Stick to parroting FOX faux news quotes.

Posted: 31 March 2018 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Beltane - 30 March 2018 08:52 PM

Mueller is probably wondering how he can get out of this nonsensical investigation without looking like the FBI has wasted tons of taxpayer money. Much like last month’s useless indictment of 13 Russians—this meeting between Manafort and a former Russian intel officer is a legal dead end—a cosmetic move. Damage control is necessary for the bureau right now.

I’m making notes on a website that parodies conspiracy theorists and trolls. It would read as if it is teaching how to be a troll. I might use this one. You take the fact that the officer is currently “former” and ignore that he was working with Russia at the time he was working with Manafort. You might as well say, “well that person is dead now, so it doesn’t matter that I shot them”.

Posted: 02 April 2018 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
Lausten - 31 March 2018 08:35 AM
Beltane - 30 March 2018 08:52 PM

I’m making notes on a website that parodies conspiracy theorists and trolls. It would read as if it is teaching how to be a troll. I might use this one. You take the fact that the officer is currently “former” and ignore that he was working with Russia at the time he was working with Manafort. You might as well say, “well that person is dead now, so it doesn’t matter that I shot them”.

Use it if you want Lausten, just be aware that it is not illegal to do business with Russians, and what’s more is Manafort’s business activities have nothing to do with Trump anyway (nor would that be an impeachable offense).

That is the crux of this discussion — Mueller is investigating something which is not illegal in hope that he will find something in the mix that will at the very least justify the damn thing.

I would advise studying United States Code because the media clearly hasn’t.

http://uscode.house.gov/

Posted: 02 April 2018 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
Beltane - 02 April 2018 01:20 PM

That is the crux of this discussion — Mueller is investigating something which is not illegal in hope that he will find something in the mix that will at the very least justify the damn thing.

It was legal, but they hid that they were doing it. Okay. I’ll believe you.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/22/17042594/paul-manafort-gates-mueller-indictment

Posted: 02 April 2018 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
Lausten - 02 April 2018 02:23 PM
Beltane - 02 April 2018 01:20 PM

It was legal, but they hid that they were doing it. Okay. I’ll believe you.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/22/17042594/paul-manafort-gates-mueller-indictment

Dude pay attention:

On Thursday, a Virginia grand jury indicted Manafort and Gates on a combined 32 counts, alleging a dizzying array of tax, financial, and bank fraud crimes, some of which took place as recently as last year. Mueller alleges that Manafort laundered more than $30 million with Gates’s help.
These new charges will be considered in a separate venue from the combined 12 counts of conspiracy, money laundering, financial, and false statements charges Mueller filed against the two men through a Washington, DC, grand jury last October. A spokesperson for the special counsel’s office confirmed to me Thursday evening that the DC case will still proceed as well, saying, “Both cases will move forward.”
Now, like the first set of charges against the pair, the new charges don’t have anything to do with the topic of Russian interference with the 2016 campaign, which is Mueller’s central concern.

This means Paul Manafort is in trouble. Trump wasn’t involved, so he walks.

Posted: 02 April 2018 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2016-12-24

Beltane - 02 April 2018 07:08 PM

Dude pay attention:

On Thursday, a Virginia grand jury indicted Manafort and Gates on a combined 32 counts, alleging a dizzying array of tax, financial, and bank fraud crimes, some of which took place as recently as last year. Mueller alleges that Manafort laundered more than $30 million with Gates’s help.
These new charges will be considered in a separate venue from the combined 12 counts of conspiracy, money laundering, financial, and false statements charges Mueller filed against the two men through a Washington, DC, grand jury last October. A spokesperson for the special counsel’s office confirmed to me Thursday evening that the DC case will still proceed as well, saying, “Both cases will move forward.”
Now, like the first set of charges against the pair, the new charges don’t have anything to do with the topic of Russian interference with the 2016 campaign, which is Mueller’s central concern.

Beltane, be careful with your assessments and assertions, your bias may well be leading you astray,
as they say, it’s a very fluid situation.

March 28, 2018
Mueller Filing Casually Implies That Trump’s Campaign Chairman Was in Touch With Active Russian Operative

By BEN MATHIS-LILLEY
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/manafort-gates-in-touch-with-russian-operative-in-2016-mueller-filing-says.html

Previous filings have seemed to suggest that Person A is an individual named Konstantin Kilimnik. It’s been previously reported that Kilimnik worked closely with Paul Manafort in Ukraine, that he had past connections to the world of Russian intelligence, and that he and Manafort corresponded during the 2016 election. Now we’ve apparently learned that Kilimnik still had “ties” to “a Russian intelligence service” in 2016.

The small-potatoes explanation of Manafort and Gates’ behavior in 2016 is that they used their fortuitous connection to the surprisingly successful Trump campaign to squeeze some extra money out of past Ukrainian and Russian clients by dangling hyped-up promises of insight into the mind of a potential future president. (The 2016 correspondence between Manafort and Kilimnik that’s been publicly reported on involves a dispute Manafort had with a former client over money.) The, uh, big-potatoes possibility is that Manafort and Gates’ connections to Russia were the channel by which the Trump campaign promised sanctions relief in exchange for Russia’s distribution of hacked emails that were embarrassing to Hillary Clinton. While far from conclusive, Mueller’s filing keeps the more dramatic explanation in play.

March 28, 2018
Lawyer Who Lied to Bob Mueller May Have Blown Paul Manafort’s Russia Cover
By Cristian Farias - Daily Intelligencer

Of all the characters targeted by Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election, Alex van der Zwaan, minor though he may seem, will make history. A well-moneyed former associate at Skadden Arps, the powerful New York law firm, the attorney had the gall to lie time and again to Mueller’s team during an interview with federal investigators. Van der Zwaan got caught, faced charges for it, pleaded guilty, and is now awaiting sentencing in federal court in Washington. Next month, when he goes before a judge, he’ll be the first defendant in Mueller’s sights who may land behind bars. His lawyers have asked for leniency.

But it’s not the prospect of jail time for van der Zwaan that matters. In a sentencing memorandum federal prosecutors filed late Tuesday, they even told the judge that the Department of Justice “does not take a position with respect to a particular sentence to be imposed.” Instead, Mueller’s team wanted to make it very clear to the court that van der Zwaan, for all his sophistication and legal experience, is a big liar with a thing for destroying evidence. And that no matter the warnings he received from the special counsel’s office about the legal perils of being untruthful, he nonetheless “deliberately and repeatedly lied” about matters that are critical to Mueller’s probe. All this, while his lawyer was in the interview room with him.

Lied about what matters? That van der Zwaan had had communications, in the heat of the presidential election, with Rick Gates, a longtime business partner of Paul Manafort and Donald Trump’s campaign deputy who is now facing criminal charges of his own.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/has-paul-manaforts-russia-cover-just-been-blown.html

Interactive Timeline: Everything We Know About Russia and President Trump
Explore our updated, comprehensive Trump-Russia Timeline — or select one of the central players in the Trump-Russia saga to see what we know about them.

BY STEVEN HARPER | MARCH 27, 2018

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

I heard an interesting thing on some talking heads show:
Character builds Destiny.

Posted: 02 April 2018 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2016-10-10
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 02 April 2018 07:56 PM

Beltane - 02 April 2018 07:08 PM

Dude pay attention:

Beltane, be careful with your assessments and assertions, your bias may well be leading you astray,
as they say, it’s a very fluid situation.

March 28, 2018
Mueller Filing Casually Implies That Trump’s Campaign Chairman Was in Touch With Active Russian Operative

By BEN MATHIS-LILLEY
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/manafort-gates-in-touch-with-russian-operative-in-2016-mueller-filing-says.html

Previous filings have seemed to suggest that Person A is an individual named Konstantin Kilimnik. It’s been previously reported that Kilimnik worked closely with Paul Manafort in Ukraine, that he had past connections to the world of Russian intelligence, and that he and Manafort corresponded during the 2016 election. Now we’ve apparently learned that Kilimnik still had “ties” to “a Russian intelligence service” in 2016.

The small-potatoes explanation of Manafort and Gates’ behavior in 2016 is that they used their fortuitous connection to the surprisingly successful Trump campaign to squeeze some extra money out of past Ukrainian and Russian clients by dangling hyped-up promises of insight into the mind of a potential future president. (The 2016 correspondence between Manafort and Kilimnik that’s been publicly reported on involves a dispute Manafort had with a former client over money.) The, uh, big-potatoes possibility is that Manafort and Gates’ connections to Russia were the channel by which the Trump campaign promised sanctions relief in exchange for Russia’s distribution of hacked emails that were embarrassing to Hillary Clinton. While far from conclusive, Mueller’s filing keeps the more dramatic explanation in play.

March 28, 2018
Lawyer Who Lied to Bob Mueller May Have Blown Paul Manafort’s Russia Cover
By Cristian Farias - Daily Intelligencer

Of all the characters targeted by Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election, Alex van der Zwaan, minor though he may seem, will make history. A well-moneyed former associate at Skadden Arps, the powerful New York law firm, the attorney had the gall to lie time and again to Mueller’s team during an interview with federal investigators. Van der Zwaan got caught, faced charges for it, pleaded guilty, and is now awaiting sentencing in federal court in Washington. Next month, when he goes before a judge, he’ll be the first defendant in Mueller’s sights who may land behind bars. His lawyers have asked for leniency.

But it’s not the prospect of jail time for van der Zwaan that matters. In a sentencing memorandum federal prosecutors filed late Tuesday, they even told the judge that the Department of Justice “does not take a position with respect to a particular sentence to be imposed.” Instead, Mueller’s team wanted to make it very clear to the court that van der Zwaan, for all his sophistication and legal experience, is a big liar with a thing for destroying evidence. And that no matter the warnings he received from the special counsel’s office about the legal perils of being untruthful, he nonetheless “deliberately and repeatedly lied” about matters that are critical to Mueller’s probe. All this, while his lawyer was in the interview room with him.

Lied about what matters? That van der Zwaan had had communications, in the heat of the presidential election, with Rick Gates, a longtime business partner of Paul Manafort and Donald Trump’s campaign deputy who is now facing criminal charges of his own.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/has-paul-manaforts-russia-cover-just-been-blown.html

Interactive Timeline: Everything We Know About Russia and President Trump
Explore our updated, comprehensive Trump-Russia Timeline — or select one of the central players in the Trump-Russia saga to see what we know about them.

BY STEVEN HARPER | MARCH 27, 2018

http://billmoyers.com/story/trump-russia-timeline/

I heard an interesting thing on some talking heads show:
Character builds Destiny.

SMH at your constant retardation.

I guess the next step is waiting for the Supreme court to rule that media speculation is the same as evidence.

2 of 3