2 of 2
Introduction
Posted: 07 January 2018 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2018-01-04

Looks like I repeated myself from a previous message. Apologies.

Posted: 07 January 2018 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2327
Joined  2016-12-24
Cosmogenes - 07 January 2018 03:58 PM

Most scars of the war were cleared up after 1945, but some more are made by the Soviets during our 1956 Revolution, a war for for freedom and independence. I came to the USA after our defeat by the Soviets. Was too close to the provisional government we created during the revolution.
Budakeszi is also a nice town. My roots go back to Transylvania* where my family was named after one of its towns. My father was born there, but my grandparents were refugees when it was taken from Hungary and annexed to Romania. Did not want to live under foreign rule. As Szekelys, we are the leftovers of Attila’s Huns. Now the father, grandfather and great-grandfather of a multi-ethnic, multi-religious, multi-color family of 20 Americans.

*That must make for some interesting cocktail party questions/discussions?  Any good stories to share?
So you’ve been here since the 40s, do you go back for visits?

Are you familiar with that family history going way back?

Posted: 08 January 2018 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2018-01-04

Came to the USA in 1957 after our ‘56 revolution. Managed to escape from being picked up and jailed or executed by the newly reestablished Communist govt., like most of the ones associated with the revolutionary govt. Yes, I do have some stories to tell, having lived through the Nazis, WW2, that struggle for freedom in ‘56, and learning to live in the New World (education, jobs, a large family, politics, etc.)
I do have a family history prepared by my father that goes back to the 1500’s when we received the family name based on where my ancestor was from. First visited my family in ‘87 after a 30-yr. exile, which was followed by several trips home, to introduce my Spanish wife to the family and to the rest of Europe and the Mid. East, including Israel while I was still young enough to do all that traveling.

2 of 2