2 of 18
I would like to talk about the god thingy
Posted: 15 November 2017 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2017-10-26
Boris - 15 November 2017 12:06 AM

The discoveries of Ugarit have revealed all this

The Canaanites and the Hebrews were one and the same.

The Bible is spin - propaganda - with very little actual truth in it and now real archaeology is revealing that

I am aware that there are some problems with it, that is what causing me to continue to inquire. Thank you so much.

Posted: 15 November 2017 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Joined  2017-10-26
Boris - 15 November 2017 03:04 PM

The reality is the Jews Christians Muslims etc all worship the Zoroastrian god thingy and are in reality Zoroastrians

I am an idiot, would please mind elaborating on that? I would very much appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Posted: 15 November 2017 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7995
Joined  2009-02-26
InBetween - 15 November 2017 04:11 PM
Boris - 15 November 2017 12:06 AM

The discoveries of Ugarit have revealed all this

The Canaanites and the Hebrews were one and the same.

The Bible is spin - propaganda - with very little actual truth in it and now real archaeology is revealing that

I am aware that there are some problems with it, that is what causing me to continue to inquire. Thank you so much.

My car won’t run anymore, so I checked it.  Would you know it, the engine is missing.
Should I continue to look for the problem or accept that the car won’t run because it no longer has an engine?

[ Edited: 15 November 2017 04:30 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 15 November 2017 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2017-10-26
Write4U - 15 November 2017 04:19 PM

My car won’t run anymore, so I checked it.  Would you know it, the engine is missing.
Should I continue to look for the problem or accept that the car won’t run because it no longer has an engine?

The bible has Its engine. It’s called the 10 commandments (Exodus 20, among other passages), Matthew 7:12 (golden rule), Galatians 5:22,23 (the practice of the fruits of the spirits), Matthew 18:22 (forgive one another and relentlessly), (Isaiah 40:10, Joshua 1:9, etc to cultivate courage and fearlessness) to cite few. Those are the engine’s parts. It’s up to one to recognize them for what they are. But you’d have to have functional eyes and mind to be able to do that.

[ Edited: 16 November 2017 09:11 AM by InBetween ]

Posted: 16 November 2017 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2017-11-10

Paradise is an Avestan word

The Second Isaiah 40-48 is a word for word parallel of that Yasna 44 of the gathas written by Zoroaster some 400 years before

Savior born of a Virgin - Zoroastrian Sayoshyant

Angels - Demons - Heaven - Hell - Final war between good and evil - eschatology - baptism - all Zoroastrian

I know there is no god and its all delusion but you can’t tell the happy clappers they are in fact Zoroastrians

Posted: 16 November 2017 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2017-10-26
Boris - 16 November 2017 02:25 AM

The Second Isaiah 40-48 is a word for word parallel of that Yasna 44 of the gathas written by Zoroaster some 400 years before

Angels - Demons - Heaven - Hell - Final war between good and evil - eschatology - baptism - all Zoroastrian

I know there is no god and its all delusion but you can’t tell the happy clappers they are in fact Zoroastrians

Please, do stick around, I’ll learning from you. Thank you so much. & BTW, I don’t believe in paradise or hell. But in Reincarnation.

However, there is an Invisible world. And there has got to be some type of hierarchy that transcends our realm. As there are hierarchies all around us from top to buttom. So in one way or the other, we are accountable for what we do, good, bad and anything in between.

[ Edited: 16 November 2017 08:58 AM by InBetween ]

Posted: 16 November 2017 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  4523
Joined  2009-10-21

An important lesson that I learned from the American sexual revolution is that everyone has the right to self identify. It doesn’t grant you any legal rights necessarily, and you still may need some evidence to show that you are whatever you say you are, but the boxes marked Male and Female on a birth certificate should not be the final determinate of your existence. Anyway, long tangent there…

Naming your religion or your political tribe is a right of a citizen in a free country. In a social conversation, it should be respected. If someone says they are an atheist that believes in god, you can be an ass and tell them your dictionary definition of “atheist” or you can say, “that’s different, tell me why you say that” and sip your cocktail. You might also note something across the room has caught your attention and excuse yourself. But you don’t get to tell someone what they are because you read a book.

Posted: 16 November 2017 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  1671
Joined  2012-04-25

You should watch Zeitgeist. You’ve mentioned only a couple such things. Almost everything in Christianity is cobbled together from existing religions.

Posted: 16 November 2017 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
CuthbertJ - 16 November 2017 10:56 AM

You should watch Zeitgeist. You’ve mentioned only a couple such things. Almost everything in Christianity is cobbled together from existing religions.

There’s a better movie out now, “Batman and Jesus”. It’s kind of goofy at first, but it gets to the ancient history, and it doesn’t make any of the errors that Zeitgeist does.

Also, David Fitzgerald’s work is very good.

Posted: 17 November 2017 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  1671
Joined  2012-04-25
Lausten - 16 November 2017 11:34 AM
CuthbertJ - 16 November 2017 10:56 AM

There’s a better movie out now, “Batman and Jesus”. It’s kind of goofy at first, but it gets to the ancient history, and it doesn’t make any of the errors that Zeitgeist does.

Interesting. What errors are you refering to? (Not being argumentative, just curious).

Posted: 17 November 2017 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2009-10-21
CuthbertJ - 17 November 2017 10:44 AM
Lausten - 16 November 2017 11:34 AM

Interesting. What errors are you refering to? (Not being argumentative, just curious).

Thanks for being curious. There used to be a really good article right in CFI by Tim Callahan, but that link is broken.

For was also a theological answer, but that one led to a spam site now.

This looks like some better links http://www.atheistrepublic.com/forums/debate-room/zeitgeist-documentary-attepmts-refute-lie-lie

Basically, they take some random facts, like the birthday on the 25th thing and get them wrong, then connect them to Jesus. They are sometimes right, like they compare Jesus to Osiris, but that’s almost by random chance, they just pile on a bunch of myths from around that time and connect the dots however they want. Don’t they use that thing with the twelve figures on some Egyptian tomb? That’s archaeology Van Daniken style. 

They almost completely ignore the Jewish myths and traditions that actually led to the Messiah story and the concept of euhemerization that gave us documents claiming him as an historical figure.

Posted: 17 November 2017 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2015-11-28

Sounds good

Posted: 17 November 2017 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2015-11-28
AMH - 17 November 2017 01:27 PM

Sounds good

What is the thingy religions can’t be religions without thingies.

Posted: 17 November 2017 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  7995
Joined  2009-02-26
InBetween - 15 November 2017 05:10 PM
Write4U - 15 November 2017 04:19 PM

The bible has Its engine. It’s called the 10 commandments (Exodus 20, among other passages), Matthew 7:12 (golden rule), Galatians 5:22,23 (the practice of the fruits of the spirits), Matthew 18:22 (forgive one another and relentlessly), (Isaiah 40:10, Joshua 1:9, etc to cultivate courage and fearlessness) to cite few. Those are the engine’s parts. It’s up to one to recognize them for what they are. But you’d have to have functional eyes and mind to be able to do that.

I don’t deny that scripture contains some wisdom.  But many other books contain great wisdom.

The engine begins to fail when you neglect it or use it for purposes other than it was designed. IMO, that is the problem, a poorly maintained engine will fail, because it is a physical thing.

History shows that individuals often fail to maintain the words of wisdom contained in scripture. Because words are just that, words, not an engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk81tUUhRig

[ Edited: 17 November 2017 06:55 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 17 November 2017 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2017-11-10

Isaiah 40:10

Stolen from the Zoroastrians - Isaiah 40-48 striking parallel with Yasna 44 of the Gathas written by Zoroaster

Which means Jews Christians and Muslims are actually Zoroastrians as they worship the Zoroastrian god thingy and have Zoroastrian beliefs

2 of 18