To well meaning people, blasphemy is “blasphoumous”
Posted: 20 November 2017 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2017-11-08

If life were innately good, torment would be absent or severely nerfed.
Every being hates torment.

If life were good, it would teach people that torment is what every being hates, without tormenting others…

Like a nerfed simulation of sorts….

We all want beauty, love, friends, humor, love, passion, joy

Nobody wants torment.  That’s universal.  Maybe people need a little to teach them that, but certainly not much!!!

Posted: 20 November 2017 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

After a bit of torment, in a good universe, EVERYONE would understand why it needed to be nerfed simulations… and we’d all be fine

Posted: 20 November 2017 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

It’s not just self defense to think this way, it’s actual compassion for others, and ultimately cosmic consciousness

Posted: 20 November 2017 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

Another way of stating this is to say, “torment is bad, yes, I get it, we all get it, it’s horrible, now…  stop!!!  If I’m tormenting just by being, nerf the damn thing…  make this a celebration for all!!”

Posted: 20 November 2017 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

Another way to word this, is that we don’t want life to be a big “ha! I told you so” maybe a small one with a “just kidding, life embraces you in love!”  When we all get together to exchange our nerf experiences, it will be sublime joy, a celebration of ourselves, our memories and our lives and existence!

Posted: 20 November 2017 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

The way I see it, is that some people are irreplaceable…

So the idea of them only being simulations is unacceptable…

Maybe we all exist on a higher plane and preserve the memories of our cast simulations to each of us…

Practically speaking…  nobody wants terror or a seemingly endless war on terror, we’d easily want history to be a simulation, but without losing real love from real beings… so we keep the precious and discard the torment, terror and agonies…  as something we all thought to do together for ourselves and each other…  true love reigning supreme.

I’m not trying to convince people to do awful things, I am saying what people everywhere would say, and like to think is true about this..

Posted: 20 November 2017 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2017-10-22

Interesting thought.  How would you imagine this coming into practice in the real (non-ideal) world?

Signature 

I believe that the goal of a truly moral life should be to relieve suffering and promote happiness among living beings in the real world.  By contrast, I believe that much of religious doctrine . . . glorifies suffering and condemns happiness as sin, in favor of some abstract reward in a non-existent afterlife.

Posted: 21 November 2017 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

Whatever facilitates this to emerge, has to emerge this in a bubble, where we keep going in and out of it with either a bubble monitor keeping it tolerable, or we make it tolerable for ourselves ...  that way, nobody gets stuff others want but don’t have and vice versa.

That’s my best idea.

Posted: 21 November 2017 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

Maybe it’s about understanding that this isn’t stupid and that we were never stupid.  The biggest issue to solve is people not getting what they want…  in the bubble scenerio, we all get what we want, and so does everyone else…  I’ll explain more later

Posted: 21 November 2017 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

Let me explain the bubble reality better…

There is a level of reality where we cannot be tainted, then we put on the equivalent of virtual goggles that we designed and flow in and out of these places…  we can’t truly get hurt or get something someone else is envious of…

In the great wisdom of all of this, it is ideal.

Posted: 21 November 2017 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

Maybe we’ve all, also, designated a bubble monitor…  that can restore, if we get too scared… multiple redundant layers of nerfing

Posted: 21 November 2017 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2327
Joined  2016-12-24

Nerf said on that topic.

Posted: 21 November 2017 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2017-11-08

In the ultimate reality, we are individuals in the sense that we’ve chosen different virtual experiences, but the same in that we have no envy of each other, we get what we want, and are perfectly content on this level of reality.

Some thoughts on the matter.

Posted: 21 November 2017 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4523
Joined  2009-10-21
Citizenschallenge-v.3 - 21 November 2017 06:46 AM

Nerf said on that topic.

Had to look that one up. Nerf is just a foam ball to me.