Call for papers and reviewers
Management Decision, published by Emerald Publishing, is planning a special issue on Common Sense and other Decision Influences.
Emerald is the world’s leading publisher of management research. Its focus on theory-into-practice means that all Emerald journals publish papers with direct application to the world of work.
Eight to ten papers will be accepted for this special issue. All papers will be double-blind reviewed, after a preliminary screening by the guest editor. This call solicits both papers and reviewers.
As a guide, papers should be between 3,000 and 6,000 words in length. A title of not more than twelve words should be provided.
Articles should be submitted no later than June 1, 2008 to ScholarOne’s Manuscript Central at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/md
Author guidelines are on http://www.emeraldinsight.com/info/journals/md/notes.jsp
Topics on which papers could be submitted include, but are not limited to:
- Definition of common sense
- History of research on common sense
- Models of common sense
- Values and cultural influences in common sense
- Common sense and ethical behavior
- Common sense influences on decisions
- Evaluating quality of common sense
- Development of common sense
- Common sense and decision traps
- Common sense, rational and critical thinking
- Misconceptions about common sense and decisions
- Attitudes, Experiences, and Learning influences on common sense
- Interaction and Group Influences on common sense
- Organizational “Systems” and other External Environmental Factors impacting common sense
- Criteria for determining quality of decisions
- Intuitive and deductive reasoning’s role in common sense
- Common sense and philosophical issues
- Common sense with respect to health and medicine
- Common sense in education
- Common sense in the engineering and architectural professions
- Common sense in the arts