CFI-DC Seeks Intern
September 10, 2009
CFI is seeking an intern to work with the executive director in its Washington, D.C. office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The intern will be responsible for the following duties, among others:
- Being a go-between for CFI-DC executive director and local campus groups;
- Keeping up consistent contact between CFI-DC and campus groups in D.C. metro area;
- Providing support and advice to D.C. metro area campus groups on best practices, new events;
- Helping promote (flyer, table) student groups as needed;
- Writing and copy editing press releases, website entries, and e-mail announcements;
- Helping to upkeep the CFI-DC website and promoting CFI and its mission through new media;
- Assisting with office operations.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and the Internet.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to local campus groups.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Commitment to assisting CFI in its mission to foster a secular society based on science, reason, freedom of inquiry, and humanist values.
How to Apply:
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, two references to Melody Hensley by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) - reference CFI-DC INTERN POSITION in the subject line - or by mail to:
Center for Inquiry DC
621 Pennsylvania Ave., SE
Washington, D.C. 20003