Intern with the Center for Inquiry!
April 5, 2010
Over the last year, several interns and student volunteers have worked alongside CFI staff at various Centers for Inquiry. Last summer, Adam Isaak from the Campus Freethought Alliance at Minnesota State University Moorhead and Derek Rodgers from the Dalhousie Atheist Community at Dalhousie University were integral to the success of last year's CFI Leadership Conference in Amherst, while Moiz Khan from the SBU Freethinkers assisted CFI New York City with web outreach and design. Over the past year, Ed Beck from the UB Freethinkers has been working with the Outreach Department in Amherst, and Stephanie LeRoy from Free Inquiry & Secular Humanism (FISH) at Hunter College has been working with Michael De Dora Jr. at CFI NYC doing campus outreach and design.
Now, CFI is looking for two students to intern at CFI Transnational this summer.
- Stipend: $165/week
- Dates: May 17 – August 6 (flexible according to school schedules)
- Housing is provided!
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States
The interns will be trained in campus organizing and outreach, event management, and other skills useful in non-profit advocacy work. Specific projects depend on the skills and experience of the interns but may include: developing new online campus organizing resources, producing and editing audio and video materials, and designing CFI On Campus promotional materials.
To apply for an internship, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following additional information:
- Statement of your academic and other interests
- What are your activities with the skeptic/freethought movements?
- Why is interning at the Center for Inquiry something you want to do?
- What is your proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel or comparable software?
- What is your level of proficiency with Photoshop or InDesign? Do you have experience with basic html and design?
- What other skills you would bring to the position?
Deadline for application: April 19th.
Please e-mail Debbie Goddard or call (716) 636-4869 x421 if you have any questions about the internship positions. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the overall growth of the secular community and to strengthen your relationship with CFI! We hope you consider joining us this summer.