Intern with the Center for Inquiry! Two positions available
February 5, 2013
Summer Outreach Interns — Two positions in Amherst, NY
Every year, CFI provides opportunities for students to get more involved with the secular movement by offering student internships and volunteer positions at CFI branches across North America. Last summer, Tony Lakey from the University of Missouri Skeptics, Atheists, Secular Humanists, & Agnostics (MU SASHA) and Stef McGraw from the University of Northern Iowa Freethinkers & Inquirers (UNIFI) joined the Outreach Department at CFI–Transnational, gaining valuable experience and contributing to the success of the summer CFI Leadership Conference.
We’re looking for two students to intern at CFI–Transnational in Amherst, NY this summer.
- Stipend: $165/week
- Dates: May 13 – August 2 (flexible)
- Housing is provided
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the United States
The interns will be trained in campus outreach, grassroots organizing, event planning and management, and other skills useful in nonprofit advocacy. Specific projects depend on the interns’ interests and experience but may include: developing new online campus organizing resources, producing audio and video materials, and designing new CFI On Campus promotional materials.
To apply for an internship, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following additional information:
- Statement of your academic and other interests.
- What are your activities with the skeptic/freethought movements?
- Why is interning at the Center for Inquiry something you want to do?
- What is your level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel or comparable software?
- What is your level of proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign?
- Do you have experience with basic html and design?
- What skills and interests do you wish to develop during the internship?
Application Deadline: Monday, April 1
Please contact CFI On Campus by email or at (716) 636-4869 ext. 421 if you have any questions about these internship positions. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about outreach and advocacy, develop new skills, and gain grassroots organizing experience while contributing to the overall growth of the secular community and strengthening your relationship with CFI! We hope you consider joining us this summer.